PDA

View Full Version : Gort

kceoir
01-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Gort

As I watch them I see them like they’re worker bees, drones. Their body’s moving as if there’s a preprogrammed response to all possible actions. I wonder what would happen if they were introduced to a situation that did not have a calculated result. Would smoke start billowing out of their ears like I remember seeing in those old sci-fi movies I used to love when I was a kid? Or would sparks fly out from behind their surgically perfect double D breasts. In a way I feel sorry for them, living what they must imagine as their perfect little lives high above the rest of us. But are their lives so perfect? Do they know what it’s like to truly feel something? I can’t imagine living without the experiences I’ve had, good or bad they have molded who I am as a person made me, me. All the drones with their slightly altered exteriors and a carbon copy interior. They think that they are different because they don’t all have the same labels but in fact are all labels not the same if there is no true individuality in the selection process. Advertising inputs the proper command into their mind and they carry out the orders. I myself am not above the pleasure that comes from a designer piece of clothing or a nice watch, but I would like to think that I have made the decision to have these items on my own. Not through coercion by the programmer but by a selection process in my mind that is a result of the experiences that I have had and embraced over my years. To enter the mind of the drone would be the ultimate experience, but that is an impossibility that neither I nor anyone who is like me shall ever experience. They have put up so much security around them you could never hope to get a glimpse of who they truly are. Even if one was to let you into what they think are their true feelings it would all be a facade put there by the programmer. A ruse to stop you from looking any further, so you couldn’t see what was behind the velvet curtain when it was lifted. The sight of which would be so frightening and unbelievable you may never want to try and make such a discovery again. You may not want to let that experience mold who you are like all the other experiences have in your life. You would push it back from the conscience to the subconscious and even deeper if possible. Because the truth is no one wants to know that there are people walking among us that are empty, completely devoid of individual thought just like the robots from those old sci-fi films I used to watch when I was a kid.