PDA

View Full Version : A Mill On the Floss

Mr. Schutte
01-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I am currently reading this novel, and have recently received an assignment from my teacher.

Here is the question;

How does Elliot convey to the reader the kind of community/society/family life leved by the Dodsons and Tullivers? You need to consider style, technique, description, devices, details, dialogue, analysis, author's commentary and thoughts. Give evidence for your comments by referring closely to the text.

Can anybody shine some light on this? Or perhaps point me towards the flashlight of knowledge?

Pensive
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
First complete reading it, and then ask any questions. :)

Mr. Schutte
01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I have completely read it, almost fell into an eternal comma in doing so, I can't seem to retain any of the information in their.

Scheherazade
01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I can only sympathise with you, Mr Schutte, as this is one of my least favorite books as well. However, joys of being a student, I guess; you will have to do the work (while my copy is buried in the garden)! :p

Why don't you share some of your thoughts with us on the questions you ask above and then some of us might be able to offer you better help.

farahkhan
04-20-2007, 04:00 AM
hi wats ur email add?? i want some help wid ya can u plz help me

HIND
12-14-2007, 09:09 PM
I advise you to read notebook on this novel and then try to make your own

My regards

lamess
03-18-2008, 11:43 AM
am studing it this course and am lost not cus of the novel cus it is simple but cus of our instructor)-:
look u better go to sparknotes and understand every thing cus i think it is veru useful