PDA

View Full Version : Finally It Is Finished!!!!!!!!!

mir
12-31-2006, 08:44 PM
For any of those who have read my blog, or the thread i put out on the forum - and for those who haven't! :) - November was National Novel Writing Month, and i wrote a novel for it. However, although i did meet the required number of words to finish, my story/book was not done. TODAY, i FINALLY finished the evil thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :idea:

So, if any of you happen to have some extra time on your hands, or are looking for something terrible to read :p , i would love you forever if you could please give this a look over and maybe comment a bit. Thank you so much!! :thumbs_up (the story is attached)

Wait, no it isn't attached, apparently it's too long. :flare: Well, if anybody wants to read it, please PM me!! I will give you extra hugs! :D

Logos
12-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Because of the 10,000 character limit per post, you could still post it here if you break it up into smaller sections :)

dramasnot6
12-31-2006, 09:26 PM
A novel! yay! i would love to take a lookie at it!

mir
01-01-2007, 02:06 AM
OK! :) Drama or anyone else who wants to read, please just PM me your emails and I'll send it that way.

Logos, thanks for the suggestion - i don't want to post a whole lot, because i at least find it hard to read long sections on a thread screen; but here is the prologue, anyways, which is short and maybe will get people interested! :D

LIGHT AND SHADOWS
11/02/06 to 11/30/06, finished 12/31/06

My story begins in the mind.

Not because it is a fantasy, set in a world only real inside one’s head, and lasting but the time it takes to read.

But because it is about the mind, and without the mind would be nothing but words – like ink spilled on a piece of paper, forming random shapes without meaning. Like rhetoric without a point, like the jabbering I am doing now because I am afraid to consecrate events that, once shown, will be inescapably and irreversibly real.

But I have started, I have written the first word, sentence, and paragraph; I have spilled the ink.

So, if you will, bear with me for a little while - as I arrange it into lines and dots and patterns – which, somewhere inside the burgeoning jumble called the mind, becomes the seed for a new tale. The bud unfolds; the flower blossoms; the petals fall.

My story begins.

SleepyWitch
01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
hey mir,
I find this intro quite captivating.
how long is your novel in pages? (sorry, we use pages, not words over here...if you don't know how many pages it is for some reason, could you tell me the line spacing and page size?)
I'd like to read it some day but I can't promise I'll find the time to read it any time soon... let's say you PM me and I'll save it on my comp and read it later on? I'm fairly positive I'll be able to finish it before the year's out :)

mir
01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
he he

yeah, i don't really mind how long people take to read it, because it's a book, automatically making it long. :p

hmm . . . well, it's 213 pages on my default page size . . i know it's double-spaced, size 12 font, Times New Roman . . margins a little bigger than an inch . . . zoom at 100%. whatever that means. :p

but sleepy, you need to PM me an email address, because it's too many bytes to send over LitNet. :(