PDA

View Full Version : Statement

crisaor
01-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Today, after seeing Hulk last night (yes, I had waaaaaay to much time to spare) and having already seen Labyrinth, Darck City, Rocketeer, Mulholland Falls, Inventing the Abbots, and Requiem for a Dream, I have concluded that JENNIFER CONNELLY IS THE BEST LOOKING FEMALE ON EARTH.

[End of statement]

Koa
01-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Whoever she is :D

star blue
01-24-2004, 10:19 PM
I concur, crisaor.

sloegin
01-25-2004, 03:33 AM
Fuel for the fire...she has read Ulysses.

DumbLikeAPoet
01-25-2004, 12:50 PM
She is indeed very hot. Check out Requiem for a Dream, and Waking the dead for better movies with her in them.

Jonus

IWilKikU
01-25-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm going to have to disagree, giving that title to Elizebeth Hurly.

crisaor
01-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Wrong. Dead wrong. :mad:
Jennifer Connelly is the most beautiful there is.

subterranean
01-27-2004, 03:53 AM
And I thought Halle Berry (how ever it spelled) is the hottest chick on earth ( I hate her :))

Gals, don't you think we need to create a similiar thread, Who's the hottest hunk on earth

:D

azmuse
01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
does he have to be famous?

crisaor
01-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by subterranean
And I thought Halle Berry (how ever it spelled) is the hottest chick on earth ( I hate her :))
Hate her if you like :) . But she's not fit to lick Jennifer's shoes.

IWilKikU
01-27-2004, 07:47 PM

Gals, don't you think we need to create a similiar thread, Who's the hottest hunk on earth

:D

No, you don't. And this one was really stupid and alot less than I've come to expect from Crisaor. I feel stupid and shallow for not only replying, but actually voicing my opinion on a retarded subject. Beautiful women are to be LOOKED AT, not discussed. ;).

azmuse
01-27-2004, 09:05 PM
And gorgeous men are just to be swooned over, I presume? ;)

I don't mind, subterranean.

imthefoolonthehill
01-28-2004, 01:00 AM
Uh... I see more beautiful women than Jennifer Connelly every day.... and I live in IDAHO....

crisaor
01-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by IWilKikU
No, you don't. And this one was really stupid and alot less than I've come to expect from Crisaor. I feel stupid and shallow for not only replying, but actually voicing my opinion on a retarded subject. Beautiful women are to be LOOKED AT, not discussed. ;).
I'm sorry about this. You didn't have to reply. Of course beauty is a non debatable subject (I really can't think of a more subjective issue). Maybe this isn't a brilliant topic :rolleyes: , but I have no doubt that there's been much worse stuff than this in the forums. I just wanted to express how much I like this woman (a lot :)).

subterranean
01-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by azmuse

I don't mind, subterranean.

Now..that's the sipirt :)

I think He must be famous Az so that everybody will know him and perhaps give comments :)

Originally posted by KIK
.. Beautiful women are to be LOOKED AT, not discussed.

Somehow I don't believe you. I doubt that you never talked about gals with your other fellow males.. :)

IWilKikU
01-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by azmuse

Please don't start swooning over me where everyone can see you! :D :D :D.

Oh and Sub, discuss all you like. I was just seeing if I could poke a feminist in the ribs or somthing. :D

azmuse
01-28-2004, 11:11 PM
hm. i honestly can't think of any cute famous men 'cept football players. they are just, oh, they send me into a tizzy (just wait until sunday)!
my favorite hunk of all time is my best friend - he's a former college lineman and his triceps are as big as my biceps. and he has a wonderful smile & laugh, and is quite bossy.
*fans self. but i love him for his Mind.

at one point in time i thought 50 cent was cute, but he doesn't smile enough. he is ripped and pretty striking, though, so i'll count him.

kik, i'm trying! not to drool! :D :D :D

subterranean
01-28-2004, 11:59 PM
...Oh and Sub, discuss all you like. I was just seeing if I could poke a feminist in the ribs or somthing. :D

or perhaps a gay :D(j/k)

One of my fav males in the world is Jude Law. Now, who can be hotter than Jude ?
But of course I'll always be in love with Thom Yorke

subterranean
01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
And o yea Cris..I like Jennifer more in Beautiful Mind then in Hulk.

azmuse
01-29-2004, 12:03 AM
oh, i guess one of my fave men has to have a name. can't remember who it was, one of the beautiful bastards who beat the eagles. will refresh my memory in a few days. :D

Isagel
01-29-2004, 06:16 AM
I was just seeing if I could poke a feminist in the ribs or somthing. :D

Auch, my ribs...:D . Nah.
I remember a line from an old popsong "I go weak in the presence of beauty". This is the people that make me go all weak and swoon...

Most beautiful women:
Tilda Swinton in Orlando.
Michelle Pfeiffer, in white Oleander. Perfectly beautiful.
Salma Hayek - turns Frida Kahlos eyebrows into a fashion statement

Most beautiful men
Jude Law - evrywhere, all the time.
Tilda Swinton in Orlando.
Keanu Reeves - when directed by Gus van Sant. Or in Matrix.

crisaor
01-29-2004, 03:01 PM
And o yea Cris..I like Jennifer more in Beautiful Mind then in Hulk.
I haven't seen that one yet. I've enough studying Nash's theories, much less his personal life.
It's not that her performance in Hulk was her most outstanding one or anything like that (not by a longshot), it was just a confirmation of my adoration for her.

crisaor
01-30-2004, 07:24 PM
On a side note, has anyone seen what her husband looks like? Hell, I may have a chance after all. :D

Nah. Not really.

azmuse
01-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Speaking of beautiful women, I read this thing where Liv Tyler said she and her husband were babysitting (or sleeping over?) at a friend's, and the little boy and his friend were opening all these doors in the house, and got to their room. At that point he said they couldn't go in there and had to be quiet because "The princess is sleeping." Kids...ah. :)

Mekhi Phifer was major eye candy in "Soul Food."

IWilKikU
01-31-2004, 07:05 PM
this thread is getting weird: I can't remember who is a guy and who is a girl!!!

crisaor
01-31-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm a guy. :D

azmuse
02-01-2004, 01:24 AM
oh come on, i figured if isagel could give kudos to beautiful women so could i.
I remember that i´m a girl!

subterranean
02-03-2004, 12:11 AM
What's sex got to do with this? Can't a guy/gal gives sweet command about another guy/gal?

crisaor
02-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Well, I'm definitely up to see the gal/gal thing. :D

IWilKikU
02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
I honestly can't say that I have ever swooned over another guy. Sorry Sub.

Crisaor, here here to that!!!

subterranean
02-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by crisaor
Well, I'm definitely up to see the gal/gal thing. :D

gal/gal thing..you mean guy/gal thing..?!

Or you did mean gal/gal thing..?
You're so not imaginative

IWilKikU
02-05-2004, 10:14 PM
No, I definately think that he meant gal/gal. Or maybe gal/gal/gal. :D

subterranean
02-05-2004, 10:23 PM
You know..one day Man will be so left behind than Woman !!!

crisaor
02-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Sub, I meant girl/girl.
Why do you say I'm not imaginative? As a matter of fact, I'm imagining two girls right now... ;) :p

Or maybe gal/gal/gal. :D
Here's to that. :D

IWilKikU
02-06-2004, 07:44 PM
You know..one day Man will be so left behind than Woman !!!

haha your probably right! When that happens, let me know. I'll be to busy thinking about what Crisaor is thinking about to notice. :D :D :D :D

fayefaye
02-06-2004, 11:05 PM
I thought this thread was going to be LESS shallow?? I'm real disappointed in all of you. ok, well, Halle Berry came up earlier, and I figured I'd steer this thing in the direction of the presentation of ethnic minorities by the mass media, since she wears so much foundation you can hardly tell she's black. Have you ever noticed that African Americans on TV are only ever half black? [maybe shouldn't be using word 'black.' don't mean to offend, but you know what I mean.......]

fayefaye
02-06-2004, 11:06 PM
p.s. WHAT is up with guys' weirdo obssession with the whole thing??!! [what cris and kik are thinking about]

crisaor
02-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by fayefaye
I thought this thread was going to be LESS shallow?? I'm real disappointed in all of you.
Why do people complain about this thread? There's been much worse stuff than this in the past, and you know it. Anyway, it's not THAT shallow... ;)

ok, well, Halle Berry came up earlier, and I figured I'd steer this thing in the direction of the presentation of ethnic minorities by the mass media, since she wears so much foundation you can hardly tell she's black. Have you ever noticed that African Americans on TV are only ever half black?
Half black? I'm sorry, I'm not following. Could you elaborate?

p.s. WHAT is up with guys' weirdo obssession with the whole thing??!! [what cris and kik are thinking about]
It's a men's thing. It's actually fairly common if you ask me. If one woman is enough to make us crazy, imagine what two together could do... :D

star blue
02-06-2004, 11:50 PM
touch, crisaor. bottle that up and you've got something sweeter than yoohoo.

subterranean
02-08-2004, 10:49 PM
EDITED

amuse
02-12-2004, 02:17 AM
just an fyi...sub-t, hon, you might want to review before posting: "half-breed" is about as offensive as it gets. so you know. because i realize you might not know this, and persons who are for example half german/half irish could correctly be called this, but it is nearly always used to put down persons whose parents are black and white. there's a book called "queenie" that illustrates it; it's not about persons of african descent, but the same stigma exists. there's nothing kind or open-minded about a term like this.

fayefaye
02-12-2004, 06:24 AM
<I'm not racist, and I don't mean to be offensive, but I'm going to have to be un-PC.>

Sub, I meant that African Americans on TV are all/mostly token characters. And they make them look ... well, not very dark. It's as if they're trying to Euro-ise them, if that makes any sense. Like, in trying so hard not to discriminate, it seems as though they are discriminating. I mean, I'd hate to be given a job on some TV show as a token Asian because they need Asian characters to seem PC and come across as multicultural.

subterranean
02-13-2004, 05:38 AM
So sorry, I have edited that post. Never meant to wrote something bad :(

fayefaye
02-13-2004, 10:15 AM
hey az, what's your opinion of the whole thing? what I wrote, I mean....

amuse
02-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Well done faye :) very nice!
Hm...well. I recognize a lot of flaws when I start "opinionating" but, here we go. I think it's important to laugh and cry. I think it's important not to judge people, esp. at first glance, because you can't see inside their minds/hearts with quick, cursory glances. Because you don't know where they're coming from in that life, that week, that moment. Because there's always an unknown, X factor.
Probably when there was less accepted diversity in the media, token characters were better than nothing. But that's so hollow, and really there's no excuse for it anymore. And you're right, being PC isn't necessarily being multicultural - like, is someone portrayed stereotypically, in a stereotypical environment, and rote words coming out of their mouths? Something's wrong if so. On a personal note - will try to make this fast - when people see me, they often form instant opinions, and I am still blown away by that. It depends on the nationality they take me to be, and from there on, I shut down and look at the scene from out of the box, and they are left with their illusions.
Humans aren't about illusions. We're about us; the media - here have run out of thoughts :) - the media/corporations does/do generalize i think to be mainstream so lots of viewers to pay attention but I think actors/actresses could also do their part not to perpetuate roles that present them, and their cultural heritage one-dimensionally...
Case in point, "Girlfriends." I used to like and watch that show, but there was one show about not dating a man because he was too dark, etc. And I thought it may have been cute, witty, and fun once, but that episode saddened me and I stopped watching it. I think people are pretty. I loved reading the "O" magazine and learning how Oprah's heart was opened by a burn victim who had a heart of gold. I think the media encourages us to disconnect a lot. Wish it it wouldn't.
About African Americans - well, not everyone either talks and acts ghetto - urban if that's more PC - or is in corporate America trying to assimilate. (generalizing here) Tsk to the media for not portraying black people as people all the time. And the same for any other race, ethnicity, what have you. Everyone has hopes, dreams, hurts, families - or lack of, to some degree.
But, about minorities. It's nice to see minorities playing minorities now, instead of like when Shirley MacLaine back in the day was paid to portray an Asian woman (don't remember name of the film). And how else are myths and whatnot going to be dispelled unless they're aired? I would be interested in seeing more minorities on TV, though. It's like going to a different planet sometimes when turning the thing on. Not! like in California, for example, at all :).
Oy vey!!! what a mou'ful.

amuse
02-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Sub-t, didn't mean to make you frown...

fayefaye
02-13-2004, 10:48 PM
when I was a kid, I thought it was really weird that I never saw any Asians on TV (living in Western countries), but if you watch Asian tv shows-any at all, there are hardly any Caucasians. And sometimes these are actually also stereotyped, usually as Americans. It's kind of strange, that.... They do the same thing, the other way round.

star blue
02-13-2004, 10:50 PM
you bastards bombed pearl harbor.

fayefaye
02-13-2004, 10:53 PM
I'm not Japanese. :)

star blue
02-13-2004, 10:56 PM
you're all the same.

fayefaye
02-13-2004, 10:59 PM

star blue
02-13-2004, 11:00 PM
jesus!

star blue
02-13-2004, 11:03 PM
<gasp> I was kidding . . .

fayefaye
02-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Sorry, you don't get it. It's a big deal for Asians.

star blue
02-13-2004, 11:25 PM
no, actually, I do get it. I know your history . . . and I also know my history. I'm the descendant of a genocide-hungry culture. the broken-down, rusted heart of lady liberty pumps blood through my brain. I have to fight it somehow. so I gotta keep laughing, because if I ever stop the world will crush me.

fayefaye
02-13-2004, 11:32 PM
And what do you have to say about Hiroshima?

star blue
02-13-2004, 11:50 PM
dropping the bomb should have marked the end of human morality. but we don't see how truly evil we are. it could have been any of us who pressed the button. we don't think about that, though. instead, we ignore it. truth will prevail for the good of mankind . . . but, you know, there is a thin line between virtue and vice; genius and insanity; love and hate.

I don't feel sorry for anyone.

subterranean
02-15-2004, 11:50 PM
when I was a kid, I thought it was really weird that I never saw any Asians on TV (living in Western countries), but if you watch Asian tv shows-any at all, there are hardly any Caucasians. And sometimes these are actually also stereotyped, usually as Americans. It's kind of strange, that.... They do the same thing, the other way round.

Well I don't know Faye, I'm Asian and the trend these last few years show that caucasian look-alike is somehow a must..and Chinese look-alike fever esp. on TV was last year's booming trend

fayefaye
02-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Well, I look about as Chinese as you can get. Only taller. :) It's great, I'm always taking the piss out of my short friends. :D mwahahaha.

fayefaye
02-17-2004, 06:29 AM
I don't think they should've dropped the bomb. I mean... they had it coming, but that doesn't justify it. After everything that happened, it still ... just... :(

fayefaye
02-17-2004, 06:30 AM
bombS. either of them. Japanese are the sweetest people in the world.

star blue
02-17-2004, 12:05 PM
we didn't drop the bomb on china and we didn't drop the bomb on australia . . . why would your opinion matter more than that of anyone else?

star blue
02-17-2004, 12:19 PM
though, mao murdered fifteen million people, and I still have respect for the guy.

fayefaye
02-21-2004, 04:57 AM
My opinion always matters more than that of everyone else. :p

drop a bomb on australia. see if I care. And don't get me started on mao.

Just make sure I'm in the target zone, kay?

fayefaye
02-21-2004, 05:33 AM
actually, maybe not.... it's kind of a painful, messy way to go.