PDA

View Full Version : H.G wells The Time Machine

artuballer
12-19-2006, 07:10 PM
The book the Time Machine was a very interesting book, at first it seemed confusing to me with all this arguing about a 4 dimensional geometry between the Time Traveller & his Collegues. When the Time Traveller goes into the future he sees that instead of the future being more advanced it became more simple, for the inhabitans looked nothing close to humans who were called the Eloi. On his journey into time he met Weena who was an Eloi, the Morlocks were seen as monsters because they eat the Eloi. Even thought this book is obviously fictional it tells us that the future can become anything. How do we know it may advance? For all we know the future could become more simpler. The book leaves you wondering " How will the future be like?"

Lily Adams
02-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Oh, I know! That's why I love this book and it's on my favorite book list. Mr. Wells was really trying to point out things when he wrote his novels. He was such a genius. He's a visionary, and I think he's right. We really shouldn't go around blowing each other up, etc. I love how his works are so philosophical!

But back to just The Time Machine. It's a really gripping book and kept me wanting to read more whenever I had to put it down. The ending scares me the most with the giant centipedes! I can just see that thing craqling on future Earth...so creepy!