PDA

View Full Version : Macbeth relation with the Elizabethan age. Help!

Anyanka
12-18-2006, 05:28 AM
I have about 5 themes concerning Macbeth, but i need their relation with the Elizabethan age. Like Humanisim, Chain Of Beings..etc
the themes are :

-Family Disintegration
-Solidership
-Fear
-Autocratic ruler
-Disorder in nature

i'd really appreciate your help.

Alexei
12-19-2006, 02:39 PM
The only think I know and may worked is that the play, in some way, was written to please the king - James I. May be if you consider these questions in that direction...

Anyanka
12-21-2006, 06:43 PM
where can i find anything about that specific event?

dramasnot6
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
look on the web on sites like wikipedia, they have lots of information.

Sun&Moon
01-08-2007, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Anyanka;299505]I have about 5 themes concerning Macbeth, but i need their relation with the Elizabethan age. Like Humanisim, Chain Of Beings..etc
the themes are :

-Family Disintegration
-Solidership
-Fear
-Autocratic ruler
-Disorder in nature

Well, you already have your connection, if you are the least bit familiar with the "great chain of being". Family disintegration, means disorder, which is always a central aspect in plays from this age, it is the order that must be reestablished, no matter if this concerns family, reign or disorder of nature. The natural order, which is the basis and sometimes also reason for this chain-belief, will always be disturbed, because of manīs imperfection. ;) The "noble beast" will always undergo a transformation from the reasonable noble man, to the unreasonable beast, because we are slaves to our feelings and instincts. Here we also find the last connection, fear is the eldest and probably most destructive instinct mankind bears, so this would be one reason for disorder.
I hope this is of some help:yawnb:

oh and by the way, you should never rely on wikipedia articles:p

Mr.AlSuNiAn
12-28-2008, 01:57 AM
The theme that can be evidently related to the Elizabethan times is the theme

of disorder as the Great Chain of Beings were known as the " natural order "

in that age you can write about it and get definitions for it and then apply it in

Macbeth and say how after he kills Duncan , God's representative on earth, he has violated natural order and how this is reflected , according to the " doctrine of correspondes" that were also a common belief back then , in other realms : in nature ( Duncan's horses eating each other ,so on) and is also reflected in the country as after the murder Shahespeare depicts Scotland as a land shaken by horro

=========

GOOD LUCK

I tried to give u clues ..you can make a two page essay on just what i said

supporting it with quots and your personal opinion resulting from ur understanding of the play

donia
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
hello i am donia if you please if you have any information about Family Disintegration and its divisions please send it to me

Mr.AlSuNiAn
12-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Donia Iam from Egypt myself as well.

One of the topics I should discuss in my exam is " family disintegration " in Macbeth

I think there are two situations that clearly reflect family disintegration one of such is that after Macbeth's second encounter with the witches when he hears of Macduff's
having fled to England leaving his family behind

The second occurs while Macbeth is committing the crime and is absent from the scene then we have Lady Macbeth saying that "Had he (Duncan) not resembled my father ,/ I would have don't myself"

Are you a student in the faculty of al-alsun???? (( just wondering ! ))

doby
01-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Family disintegration is caused by macbeth.throughout the play , he kills Duncan so disintegrates duncan's family .every one was killed by macbeth , his family is disintegrated except macduff.you can relat that to the great chain of being as disorder in macbeth's character ,as he became a beast as his emotions rules his reason,causes family disintegation.
disorder in nature is mainly caused by duncan's character as a weak king and so & that made disorder in the play & resulted in sexual inversion which is clear in lady macbeth's character & in her relationship with macbeth as a couple & in the three witches .

i hope that this is usefull for u....:DDDDDDDDDD

springflower
01-01-2009, 11:44 PM
in family disintegration u can talk about the relationship between macbeth and lady macb , how it was wonderful , they understand each other & their relationship broke down , he saw hallucations ,commits murders & she has sleepwalking .... etc

then u talk about family of duncan how he murdered , his sons are accused of his murder , they escape from Scotland and their famiy broke down also

then family of macduff how he ecapes , left them and macbeth killed them, his family broke down ... and so on by details

abou disorder in nature u can talk about what had dona the night of killing duncan , insomenia and sexual inversion ...

soldiership , u can talk about
-macb , how he was brave soldier in the beginning
-thane of cawdor and how he was tyrant
-malcolm, example 4 clever soldier
-siward and young siward , perfect example of soldiers
-macduff,loves his country more than his family

GOOD LUCK