PDA

View Full Version : Lydia and Mr. Wickham

bluehorizon222
12-11-2006, 07:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information about the relationship of Lydia and Mr. Wickham, and how Jane Austen's ideals about marriage and relationships were conveyed through their marriage. I haven't been able to find too much on that their specific relationship. Any info would help thanks.

sciencefan
01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information about the relationship of Lydia and Mr. Wickham, and how Jane Austen's ideals about marriage and relationships were conveyed through their marriage. I haven't been able to find too much on that their specific relationship. Any info would help thanks.Do you still need to know this, or is it too late?

sciencefan
02-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information about the relationship of Lydia and Mr. Wickham, and how Jane Austen's ideals about marriage and relationships were conveyed through their marriage. I haven't been able to find too much on that their specific relationship. Any info would help thanks.I was just reading someone's opinion on this yesterday.
Apparently, Wickham did what Mr. Bennet did-
he married for beauty and youth, not regarding the shallow silliness of her mind.

Though in MY opinion, I don't thnk it will have the same effect on Wickham, since he is also shallow- gambling, swindling, womanizing, etc.
Mr. Bennet is better quality people than that.