PDA

View Full Version : Can you give me a hand?

gemelochapin100
12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I would appreciate if you would help me in this essay that i have to do. My topic is about the qualities of a prince. What are the qualities of a prince mentioned by Niccolo Machiavelli? What characteristics should a prince posses, and how should a prince behave? If you help me i would appreciate it like i said before. I have written part of my essay but i need more information on it. Thank you!!! answer ASAP!! ;) :) :thumbs_up

gemelochapin100
12-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Essay on the qualities of a prince

quasimodo1
04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Dear gemelochapin100: Machiavelli wrote a book called "Discourse on Princes" and in it he tried to explain the inner workings of any body politic, i.e. what makes the population move, be loyal and a good citizen. Because of the stark economic climate of those days, even N. Machiavelli couldn't be too course with the powers that be. He tried to say, in my view, some leaders depend of fear of them to motivate people but attaction is always better than simplistic rejection although he was really cought up in a maelstrom this time. The aristocracy were smug and self-involved resulting in poor if not any government. The adjectival form of his name is a little unfortunate because even though he knew being in the court to some degree; he also knew the distribution of wealth was horrible. You could still be imprisoned for debt in all the years before the success of the French Revolution. Considering how important class was before the revolution, he did amazingly well in bringing this inequity to the world's attention. RJS