PDA

View Full Version : G B Shaw recommendations?

SleepyWitch
11-29-2006, 11:53 AM
I've just finished reading "Pygmalion" by G.B. Shaw and enjoyed it a lot.
Which of his other plays would you recommend?

Virgil
11-29-2006, 12:00 PM
I enjoyed Saint Joan.

Edit: I meant Major Barbara. I'm not sure if I've read Saint Joan. My memory is going. :lol:

aeroport
11-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I haven't read a great deal of him, but I did find "Mrs. Warren's Profession" pretty good.

Scheherazade
11-29-2006, 01:17 PM
I've just finished reading "Pygmalion" by G.B. Shaw and enjoyed it a lot.
Which of his other plays would you recommend?I have read a few of his works and they are all great, in my opinion. I don't think you will be disappointed whichever you might decide to read.

Maybe we can have GB Shaw as our first author of the year in the Book Club! :)

Schokokeks
11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
I did find "Mrs. Warren's Profession" pretty good.
I second that :nod:. I've lately read Mrs. Warren's Profession for class, and everyone enjoyed it a lot. It was also very interesting to read the contemporary response to the play, as it was at first banned for being "morally rotten", then celebrated as a daring attempt to finally picture social realities.
Ah, and we had fierce discussions about the characters...You'll see ;).

SleepyWitch
11-30-2006, 03:36 AM
I'll go for Mrs Warren, then :)
thanks for your recommendations :)

I've lately read Mrs. Warren's Profession for class, and everyone enjoyed it a lot.
whatd you mean "everyone enjoyed it a lot"? Are you actually saying everyone read it???? wow, that's never happened in any of the courses I took so far:lol:

Schokokeks
11-30-2006, 06:49 AM
:lol: Well, I won't risk my head that everyone actually read it, but at least everyone expressed his/her great liking for the play :D. But maybe that was due to the mainstream established by a few people in the front row who were first ones to praise the play to the skies, and the rest just pulled along :p.

But anyway, you'll enjoy it ! Happy reading ! ;)

Schokokeks
11-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Oh, and let us know how you liked it ! I'd love to discuss it all over again :D.