PDA

View Full Version : Personal Philosophies (Short)

Christian
11-29-2006, 03:57 AM
Place here any crazy and imaginative philosophy you may have upon life, try to make them short so the reading of them can be the same.

Philosophy :

Imagine if there was something that has existed with us upon this planet since the very beginning and yet was outside the grasp of our senses, in that it is with us now and everywhere too but nevertheless not perceivable by ourselves.

Also I happened to hear an interesting one concerning "The Matrix", it is as follows:

If it is possible that we as humans could frame something as the matrix then it is also possible that we have already done so, and that the machines who consequently would usurp the control from their creators are taunting us by showing the films that became reality already in the past.

IamMissingaLink
11-29-2006, 06:09 AM
is that considered a philosophy i.e. that thing u said about The Matrix..would it be more of a theory? I haven't seen the Matrix.

muhsin
11-29-2006, 06:58 AM
The thought of that hadn't come to me when I watched that film.

Eagleheart
11-29-2006, 09:46 AM
The most tolerable approach to adopt towards depressive fits is to start mocking at yourself.../but this is designed mainly for presonal consummation/

....."I am my life"...is perhaps the most serious thought I have had in my life -so I have honored it with the designation for purely sentimental reasons...

kilted exile
12-06-2006, 11:33 PM
My personal philosophy:

We're born, stuff happens (exactly what stuff depends on where you live and how hard you are willing to work), we die, people cry (depending on what stuff happened), we decompose, we are forgotten.

Shadowsarin
12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
My personal philosophy is:

Question everything, Explore everything, Try everything, and live a life worth living.

dramasnot6
12-18-2006, 09:57 PM
My math teacher tells us hers everyday of class:
Do it.
Do it right.
Do it right now.
*sigh* I like mine better :D
To thine own self be true.

Neo_Sephiroth
12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
My personal philosophy:

It's all good.

Lilly
12-19-2006, 07:18 PM
My personal philosophy is; You worry you die, you don't worry you die, why worry? Basically, in the end we all die so make what happens beforehand count. Why waste time worrying when you could be doing something better.

Poetess
12-23-2006, 03:51 PM
life?
Is the interval of time from birth to death, when actions happen only between those two intervals. Else, you don`t exist, and there`s no life. Anything happens while this interval of time is ignited, you`ll have to bear and tolerate or try to change so that you live a better life. You have got a mind, use it - but make sure you can`t change life.
The interval seems to be like this [ time ], you don`t exist before [ nor after ].
Seize it.

Jean-Baptiste
12-23-2006, 04:42 PM
My Syllogistic Philosophy of Everything.

Major Premise: If it (anything) is actually going to happen sometime in the future, then there is no point in being anxious now.
Minor Premise: If it (anything) is not actually going to happen sometime in the future, then there is no point in being anxious now.
Conclusion: Either way, there is no point in being anxious now.

Of course, it is incomplete, neglecting any mention of personal Will--that's to be assumed.

IamMissingaLink
12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I am everything and nothing.

IamMissingaLink
12-23-2006, 09:43 PM
My personal philosophy:

We're born, stuff happens (exactly what stuff depends on where you live and how hard you are willing to work), we die, people cry (depending on what stuff happened), we decompose, we are forgotten.
thats pretty ****ing depressing.

dramasnot6
12-24-2006, 04:09 AM
I am everything and nothing.

i like that...kinda covers everything...plus you cant ever be accused of being a hypocrate with that philosophy! :p

Poetess
12-24-2006, 06:41 AM
thats pretty ****ing depressing.

Yet true

B-Mental
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
My philosophy is that you treat all living things(men/women/children/plants/animals) with equal respect, kindness and peace. You will notice this respect returned to you, if you pay attention.

Pendragon
12-26-2006, 09:59 AM
My philosophy is live by what you say. If you wish others to swallow bitter medicine and won't drink it yourself, they will doubt it has any healing qualities. Living a sermon will do more than preaching one. :)

Neo_Sephiroth
12-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Another one of many of my philosophies:

Don't hate or discriminate, just appreciate.

toni
12-27-2006, 10:25 PM
.:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up To Uncle Pen And B-Mental and Neo

toni
01-04-2007, 03:31 AM
At the end of your life, you will not be remebered by what you own, what you have acheived or the positions you hold. On the day of your funeral, they will remember how good a friend you were, how honestly you have lived your life and how principled your choices were.

jon1jt
01-04-2007, 05:01 AM
My math teacher tells us hers everyday of class:
Do it.
Do it right.
Do it right now.
*sigh* I like mine better :D
To thine own self be true.

"To thine own self be true." Voltaire or Shakespeare or both? the quote is so true, and yet it's the most difficult thing in the world for people. but ahhh! for those that do...

dramasnot6
01-04-2007, 05:05 AM
"To thine own self be true." Voltaire or Shakespeare or both? the quote is so true, and yet it's the most difficult thing in the world for people. but ahhh! for those that do...

:) Ahh yes,most assume it to be a declaration of priority of self or self-indulgence, but i find quite the opposite:D

jon1jt
01-04-2007, 05:14 AM
:) Ahh yes,most assume it to be a declaration of priority of self or self-indulgence, but i find quite the opposite:D

interesting point! opposite in what sense, dramas?

dramasnot6
01-04-2007, 05:28 AM
Well, interpreting the quote with a concentration on the mention of truth, not self. As in being true to moral conscience. Self, not as individual self, but self as a human being in general. To be true to and use one's rationality and sense of moral justice instead of conforming to peer or societal pressure. Once again, we can relate it to stripping one's self of inculturalization ;) :p

jon1jt
01-04-2007, 05:43 AM
Well, interpreting the quote with a concentration on the mention of truth, not self. As in being true to moral conscience. Self, not as individual self, but self as a human being in general. To be true to and use one's rationality and sense of moral justice instead of conforming to peer or societal pressure. Once again, we can relate it to stripping one's self of inculturalization ;) :p

ooohhhh, i like, i like! :)

livelaughlove
01-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Ahh... individuality vs. conformity also has an Emersonian taste- if you're interested, check out his essay, "Self-Reliance." It's a bit verbose in places, but simply brilliant.

Here's mine:

Love passionately and deeply, no matter what or whom. It is the cure for all evils that will never run dry.

dramasnot6
01-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Who is the essay by livelaughlove?

Yelena
01-04-2007, 09:00 PM
At the end of your life, you will not be remebered by what you own, what you have acheived or the positions you hold. On the day of your funeral, they will remember how good a friend you were, how honestly you have lived your life and how principled your choices were. - I totally agree with that one.

My philosophy would be my first signature, and - Seize the day!

livelaughlove
01-04-2007, 09:11 PM
It is by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Yelena
01-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks, I thought I heard it somewhere before. I'll definately remember who said it now.

dramasnot6
01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
It is by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Thank you!