PDA

View Full Version : Who's who to whom?

Annamariah
11-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I realised there were no topics about this book, so I decided to start one :) (This is also my first own topic in this forum :eek:)

I was very young when I read Eight Cousins for the first time. I just happened to find it from our bookshelf and started to read. There was something really fascinating in it, which made me read it again and again when I didn't have anything else to do.

The relationships between all the characters were (and still are) a bit too complicated for me. I'm not sure who's whose sister or brother or aunt and so on, and this bothers me a bit. The fact that in the Finnish translations of Eight Cousins and it's sequel the names of the characters are partially different in both books isn't helping either...

Can any of you help me to create some kind of a family tree or something?

Tamara.R
05-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey Annamariah

Wrote this somewhere else but meant it as a reply to your comment so here it is again!
Hope it helps sort out any confusion!!

Aunt Clara and Uncle Stephen are married and have a son Charlie
Aunt Jessie and Uncle Jem are married and have 4 sons: Archie, Will, Geordie, Jamie
Aunt Jane and Uncle Mac are married and have 2 sons Mac and Steve
Aunt Myra is unmarried and has no children
Uncle Alec is Rose's guardian (which im sure you knew already!!)
Hope that helps!
Tamara

Annamariah
05-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks Tamara :)

Paige Reeder
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks, that's helpful.
I was also wondering, though, how all the aunts and uncles are related to one another. Who's related to whom by blood, and who's only a Campbell by marriage? Or can we even figure that out from the information given?

andd06
07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Well my guess is that all the uncles are the real Campbells and all the aunts are Campbells by marriage because all the boys'(the cousins) last names are Campbell but you cant really tell thats just a guess. Hope that helps and tell me when you find out:yawnb:

Sk8ynat
12-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Is Aunt Myra also a Campbell by blood?

HollyLS
04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I think aunt myra is a campbell by blood. All the uncles are i think...well i know uncle Mac definitely is, because aunt jane was maried in to the family. Who are the parents of the uncles though, it isn't aunt plenty, so who is it? They must have had a mother but it doesn't say...that confuses me.

Sk8ynat
05-09-2009, 03:43 AM
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4240/familytree.jpg

this is my attempt at the family tree.
Red line means deceased.
Italics means their names aren't mentioned in the book.

Please tell me if you think this is accurate or if I've made any mistakes.

Edit- Should be a line going from "Father+Mother" to the rest