PDA

View Full Version : Angels, Miracles & Stigmata

BloodStaindRose
01-10-2004, 12:19 AM
i am doing a project on some unexplainable occurances in nature.
the events are angel encounters, the occurance of miracles, and stigmata!
please answer a few short questions and share your believes openly!
This is a survey so to use the results i need All questions answered even if the answer is no opinion!
Thanks!

What is your age?

What faith do you practice?

Do you believe in angels (messengers of God or Fallen Angels)?

Have you ever felt the presence of an angel? What situation were you facing at the time?

Do you believe in miracles?

Have you ever witnessed or known someone that witnessed a miracle?

Define in your own words-- Angel, miracle, and Stigmata.

den
01-10-2004, 02:54 AM
Ok! even if answer is `no opinion' ...

My age is past but ever present, you will never compartmentalise me in a numerical/chronological value. I'm an `old' soul ;)

I'm a realist, if this is `faith' then I practice it most waking moments.

Yes indeed I've met an `angel' right from this website actually.

And yes I met them when I had doubts about myself and was totally open to their divine illumination.

I will get back to you on `angel, miracle and stigmata'...

Stanislaw
01-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Catholic
Yes I do.
I believe that I did. I was under a tremendous amount of stress, and was thinking of ending it, I kind of fell asleep, not really awake, but not asleep, and I saw an iluminated woman, I didn't recognize the face, but some how she was familier. She placed her hand on my head, and disapeared, I felt really happy, to say, I was just hapyy, I even shed a Tear, It was a really strange expieriance, but wonderfull expieriance.
I believe in miracles.
Yes I have.
Angle: the workers of God. Miracle: The acts of God. Stigmata:When some one shares the pain of christ and bleeds from wounds that were not inflicted by anything on earth.

atiguhya padma
01-14-2004, 01:55 PM
I am 40 in a few days time.

I believe in scepticism, I think....

I'm not sure what angels are - for me it's a bit like the UFO thing: I certainly believe in the experience (and hey, lets face it, that's admitting a lot for a sceptic!!), I just find it far too difficult to believe in the explanations of the experience.

That is an extremely tricky question. As I have no idea what the presence of angels would feel like, I don't know whether I have felt the presence of them or not. I rather doubt it. I don't generally feel the presence of imaginary beings (except in the dream state)

I think David Hume put paid to the miracle idea.

I have heard people talk about what they think is a miracle. Of course, they were in no position to appreciate the kinds of philosophical problems involved with their statements.

Angel - a word denoting an inexplicable experience connected to varieties of deific or nature worship indicating some external supernatural aid (often in times of stress or great uncertainty). An imaginary being. Unicorns are more likely to exist. Or Father Christmas. Mind you, I don't want to offend those that believe in the Big Man with the old beard.

Miracle - a term used to describe an event that is highly improbable but happened any way. This word adds no useful understanding to the situation.

Stigmata - things that inexplicably happen to people with peculiar personalities and entrenched beliefs. Either that or physical abuse by a Deity. I know which one I'm likely to believe.;)

azmuse
01-14-2004, 02:54 PM
this is my favorite "miracle" quote of all time:
"A miracle is a change in consciousness."

subterranean
01-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Say, is this somekind of school project? what subject in school anyway?

What is your age? 22

What faith do you practice? christian existentialism

Do you believe in angels (messengers of God or Fallen Angels)? i do

Have you ever felt the presence of an angel? never
What situation were you facing at the time?

Do you believe in miracles? how do you define miracle?

Have you ever witnessed or known someone that witnessed a miracle? yes i suppose

BloodStaindRose
01-19-2004, 01:22 AM
yes it is a school project
the class is cultural lieracy- an independent study class- we must complete 6 projects with 5 coponents each, in nine weeks-it is very interesting but much work

miracle- a spritual or unexplainable occurence

imthefoolonthehill
01-19-2004, 01:31 AM
"Angle: the workers of God."

I never knew that my Trig homework had divine influenses...

Jay
01-19-2004, 07:47 AM
LOL :D:D:D

Hey Fool, long time no see ;).

*and couldn't let it be, sue me :p... influences :D*

a lonely weed
01-19-2004, 01:12 PM

Christianity (I don't believe in different denominations)

yes, I believe in angels

When I was twelve my grandmother had died and there was a lot of other stuff going on, like my friends all trying to comit suicide and my brother overdosing, all sorts of crazy stuff. The night after my grandmother's funeral I sat on my bed and just cried. I was so angry and sad, then I felt really warm all of a sudden, like someone was holding me. I knew everything was okay. I was sure it was an angel

yes, I believe in miracles

I had a friend at school whose dad was dying of cancer one day and the next he was playing ball in the park with his kids...I think it was a miracle.

I'll have to get back to you on my definitions of angel, miracle, and stigmata. Good Luck on your project!