PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Frome's Tone and Theme,etc...?

chileanbob
11-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I have a paper to do, and one requirement is to identify the tone and theme of this book... i really do not understand how to get tone and theme? Also, i need to see diction if possible...if some one could help me, i'd really appreciate it. thanks =]

bella_swan07
11-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm not so good at that junk either. If it is worth your thought, I have a paper to do on the emotional, physical, and social effects of isolation. I figure that that has something to do with it, since, after I write that, I have to write a case study on Ethan, Zeena, and Mattie. Obviously these characters have to suffer some sort of isolation. You could include something like how each are affected by their seclusion (i.e. Zeena's socially isolated b/c of sickness, Ethan is emotionally isolated b/c he has no one to confide in) It's helpful to look on wikipedia.com and learn what isolation is by definition and look up each physical, emotional, and social isolation too. As far as theme and diction goes, go to sparknotes.com, its my savior. It has it all broken down so that even monkey's could get it (trust me, I should know).

V5AceJazzFreak
01-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Possible theme: love suffers from isolation. any other thoughts?

eyemaker
01-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Visit this link-- SparkNotes (http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/frome/themes.html).

it might help.:)