PDA

View Full Version : The Couch.........

optimisticnad
11-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Maybe this should be in the games section but thanks to my recent conversation with toni I thought of something fun (hopefully).

Take a seat on the couch! Tell us one of your dreams or a moment in your life or just something downright weird has happened and you dont understand what it could mean......and the person below has to interpret it. Go on....lets find out some dark dirty secret.

Due to health and safety reasons hypnosis is not alllowed. ( :lol: )
Also we do not take responsibiltiy for your actions, for example if someones interpreted somethign to mean that you hate your job and have to quit and you do that and find yourself homeless and hungry, no ones fault but yours. :lol: And I do not take responsibility for what others say (or what I say):lol:

Should I start off?

I once dreamt that we had something like beavers/hedgehogs poking their heads into ceiling which scared the living daylights out of me.

(please don't say 'this mean you were ill.'

kathycf
11-16-2006, 05:33 PM
The beavers poking their heads through the ceiling could possibly mean a fear of rodents with very large teeth. Either that, or ceilings. :p Actually dreams can mean so many things or even nothing at all. Maybe you had a confrontation and later that day saw a picture of a beaver or a hedgehog and the two melded into a scary dream because many of us get anxious after a confrontation. The mind is a weird and funny place.

I had a dream that I transformed into a tiger (although this seems obvious to me knowing myself as I do, I am interested in what others think)

*edit*
Ok, I actually found out a bit of information on beavers:

Beaver
Beavers are very busy animals. They gnaw all day and build their homes. They are generally not considered to be friendly animals. All of their hard work is focused on isolating and protecting themselves. When dreaming about these animals, consider those characteristics and try to see how they are relevant to you or someone in your life. Is there isolation and "blocking" up of feelings and self-expression going on around you? Or is something "gnawing" at you that you can no longer ignore? If you can answer these questions, you will have a better understanding of your dream.
Hedgehog: "oversensitive / prickly"

grace86
11-16-2006, 07:10 PM
I like this idea, I hope it becomes popular...hmmm..now I have to think of what is appropriate to share that won't reveal my true identity.

Shalot
11-16-2006, 10:30 PM
The beavers poking their heads through the ceiling could possibly mean a fear of rodents with very large teeth. Either that, or ceilings. :p Actually dreams can mean so many things or even nothing at all. Maybe you had a confrontation and later that day saw a picture of a beaver or a hedgehog and the two melded into a scary dream because many of us get anxious after a confrontation. The mind is a weird and funny place.

I had a dream that I transformed into a tiger (although this seems obvious to me knowing myself as I do, I am interested in what others think)

Well, according to some Web site, the significance of the tiger in dreams is as follows:

TIGER - Although similar in many ways to the lion, the tiger has a more feminine quality. It can therefore represent an angry woman; ones mother/a woman as a protector or destroyer; anger; spitefulness; the power and authority of ones animal strength; anxiety or fear; like any other animal, the tiger can also represent aspects of sexuality, depending upon how it is presented in the dream. As a symbol of sex it would most likely include elements of uncertainty - will I be attacked or overwhelmed - power and instinctive responses. Idioms: Fight like a tiger; paper tiger. See: lion.

So, my analysis is as follows: kathycf is going to kick some ***.

Virgil
11-16-2006, 10:39 PM

Maybe you secretly wanted to latch your canine teeth onto someone's throat and clamp down until the life was sufficated out of them. :lol:

I hope it wasn't me. :D

Shalot
11-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Okay, I think I killed another thread by posting this dream but I am curious to hear what other people think about it so I am going to the couch:

I had this dream a few months ago but it disturbed me quite a bit:

I was staying at my mother's house for some unknown reason. The weird thing is that the house in the dream was not my mother's house in my real, waking life. In fact, this house from my dream was just that. I've never been there before in real life (never even seen it or thought about till this dream) but I knew that it was my mother's house the way you just kind of know things in dreams.

Anyway, my youngest brother was there and he was showing me my bedroom and he turned back the covers and told me that they were having a bug problem. And then this big spider crawled out of the sheets and started hopping around like a grasshopper or something but it was a spider. It was big and black and it was hopping really fast. Then it hopped out of sight. Then the spider came hopping back carrying a biscuit with two of it's legs. And I said "that is a strong spider" and I got a kitchen steak knife and started stabbing at it.

I stabbed it a few times and the spider started morphing. It turned into a wolf and then I stabbed it some more and it kept morphing and it finally morphed into a deer right about the time it died. And I felt really bad about that.

kathycf
11-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Well, according to some Web site, the significance of the tiger in dreams is as follows:

TIGER - Although similar in many ways to the lion, the tiger has a more feminine quality. It can therefore represent an angry woman; ones mother/a woman as a protector or destroyer; anger; spitefulness; the power and authority of ones animal strength;
So, my analysis is as follows: kathycf is going to kick some ***.
Hmm, I didn't know this but that is very interesting and makes sense to me. I guess I do have alot of anger, and even though I loved my mother I was very angry with her often because I did not feel protected. To me, the transformation always seemed literal, because the tiger is powerful and I am not...plus most times I am not comfortable in my own skin so transformation is a big part of my dreams. I like that power and authority part I must say. Thank you Shalot.

(maybe I will kick some a@@...*sideways glance at Virgil* ;))

A dream of a spider? I could swear I read this before...I wonder if it was on the same forum you are talking about. Too me, a spider can mean fear of getting into a bad situation (caught in a web) or being smothered, although the web came also "weave" things together. Actually the spider is not always negative; Carl Jung described it as a "symbol of wholeness" due to the circular nature of the web, and can represent a desire for reconnecting with people or memories in your life. Since there are family members in the dream, this may mean something to you. I have many dreams where I am a certain place such as my room, but it is not remotely like my room in waking life. Sort of similiar to what you describe re: your mother's house. The actual transformation of the spider is cool, (although I don't have a clue why it carried a biscuit) and here is what I read about the wolf:

The wolf can be the solitary hero who defies the hunters. It is a symbol of intelligence and courage, but it is also the devourer of children, the werewolf, a demon from Hell.In dreams, the wolf acquires the importance that we attribute to it. It is often a part of the self, positive or negative. It can represent solitude and self-absorption, and retreat from relations with others, but it can symbolize instinct too; the instinct that certain people can only keep locked inside. The wolf can also represent a "devouring" character that we carry within us, a father or mother for instance.
Deer always seem gentle and peaceful to me, but apparently they have a symbolic meaning beyond gentleness; an aspect of one's feminine nature that tries too hard to please, or is too timid. Lilling the deer may represent trying to get rid of qualities like that. I guess it might make you feel bad because maybe that part is also helpless?

What to make of it all? Er...Shalot has weird dreams. :)
(sorry not trying to be fliippant but I also don't want to get into a lot of psychobabble. Maybe some of this might seem relevant to you in some way)

Madhuri
11-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Last saturday, I went with two of my friends (a guy and a girl) for and outing.

And a couple of days later I saw in my dream that we are on this outing and she gets kidnapped (by someone from her family) and the two of us (the guy and me) start searching for her, and somehow we reach a place that has nuns and there is this huge school like building and very green surroundings and suddenly I find that we are at this busy market, which is is not so hip-hop (you know like tea-stalls on the roadside selling cheap cookies and other stuff), and there she was crying sitting with the person who kidnapped her and massaging her feet as if it was hurt badly....