PDA

View Full Version : Macbeth Essay

aXis
11-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi,
I need to write a Macbeth Essay for class on one of the following TOPICS:

FATE - Is a human's fate self-inflicted or is it determined by forces outside his/her control?

AMBITION - We are continually confronted by the possibility of our own destruction. How can excessive ambition cause one's downfall?

DECEPTION - What are the dangers of deception? Can deception be used to manipulate others and what are the consequences?

I don't have to focus on those specific guiding questions - I can choose to go my own way - but this is a literary 4 paragraph essay. An introduction, 2 body paragraphs and a conclusion. I have quite a lot of freedom with the thesis statement (I can do like two literary devices, or cause effects or anything else I'd like to do to prove my topic). I also need a secondary source relating to Macbeth and talking about one of the above topics. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Regards,
aXis

hitokaji
12-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I know one of the source that you can use to make your essay a compare & contrast essay. That is a movie called " Throne of Blood" by Kurosawa ( a japanese movie director ). This movie has the same theme which is ambition ( and maybe a little bit of fate ) and plot as Macbeth. Though, there are many differences between the movie and the play.

Maybe it is quite hard to find because this movie was produced in 1958 ( or maybe a bit earlier ). If you can find this movie, you should give it a try :yawnb: