PDA

View Full Version : Lost: Television series and T of the S correlations

zeitgeist
11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I noticed on the television series "Lost" in the bunker the occupant (Desmond) has the orientation training film hidden behind the book, "Turn of the Screw".

I think perhaps this book contains clues to some of the mysteries that the island so often presents (such as group and individual )

Any "Lost" followers out there with some theories?

Ann Ganon
01-22-2007, 09:58 AM
I noticed on the television series "Lost" in the bunker the occupant (Desmond) has the orientation training film hidden behind the book, "Turn of the Screw".

I think perhaps this book contains clues to some of the mysteries that the island so often presents (such as group and individual )

Any "Lost" followers out there with some theories?

I noticed that too and immediately thought it the perfect explanation for what was going on.. ie... we can never really know because like James, these writers are intentionally manipulating the events to present unsolvable antinomies. This is great for maintaining interest, but also explains why many find this and James obnoxious. I found "Turn of the Screw" nothing but deceitful manipulation. Melville also engaged in this kind of ambiguity and for a reason. He thought life itself was ambiguous. I believe it is not. With a little seeking we CAN find the answers to the most important questions. This is called in philosophy-- the clarity of general revelation and I believe literature should reflect that. The human mind is rational and we naturally want logical solutions. In a good mystery novel, the author gives clues which lead to real answers. James, and "Lost" don't. Everything can be possibly interpreted in two different ways. So... if I just want to sit back and enjoy the suspense without real answers... I'll continue watching. I haven't finished season 2 yet... so we'll see.

blueroses
07-29-2007, 08:49 PM
OT: I've never watched Lost. What's it about and how is TOTS mixed in to that particulary episode?

tyhello12
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
great done! I love it!:banana::rage::rage:

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne (http://simulationpretpersonnel.com) - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne (http://simulationpretpersonnel.com)