PDA

View Full Version : friar lawrence's speech,act 2 sc 3

lozzy773
11-11-2006, 01:34 PM
hi,im in year 10 and am currently writing an essay about romeo and friar lawrence. does anyone know what this means in new engligh: "o mickle is the powerful grace that lies
in plants,herbs,stones,and their true qualities:
for nought so vile that on the earth doth live
but to the earth some special good doth give:
for aught so good but,strained from that fair use,revolts from true birth,stumbling on abuse"
i understand it vaguely but i am not really sure about the last two lines. If anyone with a greater understanding of old english could please reply i would be very grateful thanks:p

blackjack092
12-12-2006, 11:05 PM
try sparknotes. sparknotes.com/romeojuliet if i wasnt so bz, id actually look for the quotes. hope this helps

Dan-O-1337
11-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I have some questions due for Romeo and Juliet the questions are odd but I was wondering if someone could answer them for me... the first on's sort of odd.. its got like 3 parts to it, anyways...

"List the contrasts the friar sees in nature. why are the contrasts important to the meaning of his speech? what is the friar saying about the powers of natural plants and herbs?"

"The friar gives the same warning about humans. what is he saying about humans?"

:flare: this stuff is reeeeally frustrating any help is great