PDA

View Full Version : Please help me?!?!?!?!

meme2006
11-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Hello every body

This is the first time that I take literature and I want you to help me in writing an essay about (The Eagle by Alfred Lord Tennyson) because I don't know what I write or how write are.

I wait for your response. Thanks

Vada Dagon
11-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Hello meme2006

First if you can post here then you can do some research on Alfred Lord Tennyson. If you really want help then you have to give us something to help you with.

No one here will do the homework for you. If you need help finding information about Tennyson, review the essay you are writting. Where to look for information I am sure everyone would be more than willing to help you.

No one here will do the homework for you, so keep that in mind.

My suggestion is first read The Eagle and find out what is it your teacher wants on the essay on the eagle. What kind of essay is it that your teacher wants you to write and what format the teacher would like.

Then perhaps read a little about the artist (Biography and so forth) and as well as Cliff notes on his other works so that you get a general idea of the writer.

Hope that helps.

ennison
11-26-2006, 08:19 PM
This may be too late to help you but it may help someone else. 'The Eagle' is a nice short poem so I doubt if you'll be expected to write a great deal on it. Consider the following:

It's not a specific type of eagle. It's an abstract eagle.Perhaps it's a symbol.
There is strong hard alliteration. Why?
A sense of superiority and dominance. How does Tennyson get that across?
What is your main impression of this creature?
What is your impression of its home/ habitat/ environment?
The final image.How does it work?

There if you write a few sentences about each of these and then arrange them in a suitable sequence, you have a little essay.

ennison
12-01-2006, 04:54 PM
P.S. You could compare 'The Eagle' with 'The Kraken' which is another short poem but about a mythical beast. The poem is full of profound and frightening imagery and some shivery symbolism out of Tennyson's own fertile imagination. Great words that cling in the memory just like the beast has a strange clingy nature to it - all suckery barnacled gungy and jellyish.