PDA

View Full Version : Need book with list of literature-all literature-please help

steve_y
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Im hoping someone can furnish me with a reference to a book-(non-fiction) that would give lists probably by author or title of every author of literature and the entire list of their life's work.Dont want reviews or whatever-maybe entries would look like

eg Dickens, Charles
Pickwick Papers ,Oliver Twist ,Old Curiosity Shop ,Martin Chuzzlewit ,Hard Times ,Barnaby Rudge ,Little Dorritt ,Great Expectations ,Bleak House ,David Copperfield ,Tale of Two Cities ,Our Mutual Friend ,Mystery of Edwin Drood, etc

Dickenson, Emily

and so on...

Would simply be an exhaustive list.
Does anyone know of such a book or any similar variations and if so the title?
Thanking you
Steve

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: steve_y on 2002-03-09 10:59 ]</font>

elibennet
06-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I think an encyclopedia of literature would be ok. I've got the Merriam Webster's, and its complete and clear. Good luck

Sessrin
07-09-2006, 11:54 PM
how about a guide to literature book
I have seen one with a timeline in the back of all famous literature with the title and author's

alshadai
07-10-2006, 11:35 AM
To save yourself money you could use Wikipedia...there happens to be a pretty good database there now.

There is also something called the Short Title Catalog which is a huge bibliography of almost all works. I have access to this in my university library. If all else fails you could find another bibliography in "The Bibliography of Bibliographies" (yes, it really exists!).