PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Underground; and The Gambler

aXis
11-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi,
I decided to go with you guys and choose Notes from Underground as my second novel to compare to The Stranger by Albert Camus :). Now, I checked at my public library, and unfortunately, they only have "Notes from Underground; and The Gambler", which when checked on amazon is around 320 pages. It says on amazon though that the parts of the novel are separated (Notes from Underground & The Gambler). I just wanted to confirm that this book was exactly the same as the original "Notes from Underground", so I could still compare it to The Stranger? Also, if I decide to do Crime and Punishment, would it be more easily compared to The Stranger then Notes from Underground, or is Notes from Underground the best choice for me? Thanks.

Regards,
aXis

Scheherazade
11-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi Axis,

You can find an online copy of Notes from Underground here: http://www.online-literature.com/dostoevsky/notes_underground/

bazarov
11-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Notes 100 pages, Gambler 200 pages. Notes.

aXis
11-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi,
Wow, thanks so much, you are the best scheherazade, this makes like so much easier for me, don't have to worry about getting the book now :)! Thanks once again :)!

Regards,
aXis

underground
11-04-2006, 06:40 PM
what? i don't remember writing this. :p

NikolaiI
12-19-2008, 03:01 AM
It's two complete novels together.