PDA

View Full Version : no more poor

the grooves
10-31-2006, 09:09 AM
are the poor an industry for the better off ?

OZEED
10-31-2006, 09:58 AM
would you care to elaborate, coz I'm not quiet sure.By 'industry' do you mean that the better off use the poor to get richer?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

the grooves
10-31-2006, 10:10 AM
as a paresite

jiabaoyi
11-12-2006, 03:21 AM
Revenge of the old marxist question. . . no, not entirely, at least, not nessicarily. That the poor produce all that is produced and do all that is done to advance mankind is false. Though certainly the captains of labor intensive industries may benefit from a cheap labor pool they may also benefit from an affluent pool of consumers. I've heard that Mr. Ford grasped this truth early on.

Yes, the owners of labor intensive industries will ever benefit if they can keep one segment of society so desperate as to cede to every demand.

Yet still the poor consume the resources that the better off generate, hospital-time, well-maintained infrastructures, insurance and education. Capital has become a force in itself, independent of labor, the blossoming of the insurance industry of China seems like it should be significant, though I won't put my finger on why just yet. Fond regards and the best of luck to you.