PDA

View Full Version : Summoner help

flippingjax
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
hello. i have this school project where i have to know what the summoner looked like and what he wore and im having trouble finding websites with info about this. so if anyone knows what he wore and anything to do with his appearance at all please give me a site that tells me or go ahead and just write it out thanks alot.

mir
10-29-2006, 09:09 PM
??

I don't beleive the Canterbury tales were illustrated . .. do you mean what a summoner would have looked like back then? if so, you could probably just find it by googling "Summoner" or "summoner's costume" and the year or time period in which the book was written.

Google knows all . . . :)

flippingjax
10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
yeah it wasnt illustrated. i mean just like interpretations of him. but thanks for the help ill do that. haha yes google is very wise

madameEglentyne
11-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Flip--
First, I recommend going directly to the source. This is always the wisest option of all. You would go about doing this by: 1) Go to your local library and check out a version of the modern translation of CT. Turn to the General Prologue section and read the section on the Summoner (one paragraph long). Or 2) click on the above link (Searchable Text for Canterbury Tales) that will take you directly to a modern translation of CT in which you can search for "summoner." This search will take you directly to the General Prologue in which you will find the complete description of the Summoner (only about one paragraph long). This would be the wisest choice of all . . .