PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Nossa
10-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone..
It's been a while since I was last here....missed the place:D
I had TOO many stuff to do..since I started the new uni. year and all..
Anyhow...
It's like the first year for me to actually feel like I wanna follow a certain reading routin...like to pick up a book to read each month...just like you guys do here and all..and when I joined the forum here...I found out that you guys are doing that...which is awesome..
Thing is...I can't keep up with you guys...in the sense that...I didn't read the books on the list...and I wanted to read them all...but then I find the monthly book that you guys choose...so I read that one...and postpone the list for later..
I don't know what to do now...lol
Does anyone have a solution...cuz I really like alot of books in the list...they're pretty good and selective...
Thanks in advance:D

grace86
10-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Welcome back...the semester is tough right now I know. I want to pick up reading again myself.

You have plenty of options: You could join in on the book club for 2007. I am going to try and do that as well, although a book a month for me is a little much right now...it might be for you as well.

There are also a lot of threads around here on "must read" classics if you want to try that too. If you do things that way, you could go at your own pace.

I know, a lot of the guys around here have read so many of the traditional classics that I feel like I am behind.

if you like the book club list, you could always follow the order, just in your own time.

Good luck with your search and your classes.

Scheherazade
10-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Welcome back, Nossa! :)

Like Grace mentioned above, if you are interested, you can always join us in the Book Club, reading the monthly books (now we have a Halloween reading too! :)). There is no requirement to read all the books in the list (although it would be a worthy endeavour :D).

Nightshade
10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
And Ill just add if you live in Cairo Im pretty sure The british Council library will have a lot of the books we read not all of them though, but most ( its I suppose the one really good thing about reading classical and 'worthy' books :p

Nossa
10-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Thank you SO much everyone...
And exactly as Grace said...you guys have read SO many things..I do feel like I'm behind...which is one of the reason why I wanna read the books on the list...another thing is that...the books you chose before, and which are put on the list, have MANY books which I've always wanted to read, but never got the time to...Or I couldn't find it anywhere here...OR as an etext...
And Yup..the british council is a great place to go and search in it...but sadly it's SO far from me...and it's hard to actually put it on my monthly schedule..giving to the fact that I finish uni pretty late sometimes...and to get there is a bit difficult...but I'll try my best..
And yeah I know it's not a requiry that I read all those books..lol
But I really want to...since I wanna be a uni. prof. in English Literaure...I am required to read alot, in order to form opinions about different writers, and different centuries of Literature...ya know
But again as Grace said...i'm gonna be joining the book club, not from 2007 but from this next month...it's gonna be a little hard at first to keep up with the book club...but I think once I set a certain time for reading daily, and get used to it...I think this would make things easier....

bazarov
10-20-2006, 11:08 AM
If you follow somebody from forum, you should read more then one book per month:D Remember, nulla dies sine linea!

Nossa
10-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey Bazarov..
I don't think that I fully get your comment..
Do you mean that I should read more than one book per month in order keep up or did you mean something else?!
I can be blonde sometimes..:D

bazarov
10-28-2006, 07:44 PM
You were talking about W&P somewhere around...50 pages every day and you'll be over in a month; 1300 pages. It's a size of 4 or 5 ''normal'' books:D I am reading beacuse I want to, and not beacuse of following somebody! So should you!