PDA

View Full Version : fav. band

BloodStaindRose
12-23-2003, 02:13 AM
fav. band

den
12-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Uhm, from this paltry selection :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

dave matthews... I know a guy who looks just like him too. ;)

I don't have a `favourite' right now... wait till I finish my `Polls for Dummies' quiz #28.

Azoic
12-23-2003, 03:27 PM
I can't make much of a selection, although the classical option is closest. I know who most of the listees are, and don't like any of them.

Koa
12-23-2003, 04:21 PM
None of them is among my favourites, I'm not really into any of them anyway.
I adore 'The Space Between' by the Dave Matthews Band, but that's all.

subterranean
12-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Are those your fav bands? Honestly i think you should have named this thread "fav band (the BloodstainedRose list). I'm sure that each person in this forum has his/her own fav bands which are different than yours.
And I actually want to vote " none of the above", but since such option is not availabe, i dont vote any, including the "who are these people" and "none i go for classic", cause i don't agree with those 2 options also

Stanislaw
12-25-2003, 01:10 AM
The best band is the beatles, followed by white zombie.

IWilKikU
12-25-2003, 05:01 AM
Dude, all of these bands suck balls hard! I mean theres not a damn one thats any good at all. The last good song Aerosmith did was Dream On. The others have yet to impress me.

BloodStaindRose
12-27-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by subterranean
Are those your fav bands? Honestly i think you should have named this thread "fav band (the BloodstainedRose list). I'm sure that each person in this forum has his/her own fav bands which are different than yours.
And I actually want to vote " none of the above", but since such option is not availabe, i dont vote any, including the "who are these people" and "none i go for classic", cause i don't agree with those 2 options also

no these are not my fav bands i tried to give variety but i guees it didnt work sorry!?
i like good charolette sum 41 simple plan 3 doors down pink floyd is ok rock and punk stuff but i also go for classical at times

IWilKikU
12-30-2003, 03:46 AM
you didnt name any punk bands. Just a bunch a poprock punk wannabees, and one legendary genius band. (Floyd being the genius, not sum41)

BloodStaindRose
12-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by IWilKikU
you didnt name any punk bands. Just a bunch a poprock punk wannabees, and one legendary genius band. (Floyd being the genius, not sum41)

actually good charlotte linkin park new found glory P.O.D and radiohead are classified as modern rock

classic rock is pink floyd

sum 41 was once a "boy band"

IWilKikU
01-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by BloodStaindRose
i like good charolette sum 41 simple plan 3 doors down pink floyd is ok rock and punk stuff but i also go for classical at times

Uhh... you said that, right? "rock and punk stuff" I was just saying that bands that try to call themselves "punk" like good charolette and sum 41, are NOT punk.

subterranean
01-02-2004, 07:31 AM
U can't put Radiohead, Linkin Park and Radiohead in one category (which u called Modern Rock). Radiohead is not a modern rock band and I suppose POD not too. I dont know about the good charlote thing,,

and Pink Flyod is not a classic rock band. I agree with Kik that Flyod is one of the legendary bands, but the band is not a classic rock one. Pschydellic progressive rock band is more appropriate.

I also think that Sum 41 is a wanna be punk bands. There's no such thing as great punk bands after the Clash.

BloodStaindRose
01-02-2004, 11:53 PM
name some bands you would call 'punk'?!
the reason i listed linkin park P.O.D and radiohead like that is because when buying their albums that is the category(modern rock) i found them under

Koa
01-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Cathegories suck. Just let them be and don't care what label they're put under.

Isagel
01-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Sex pistols was punk.
I kind of like POD and Linkin park, but punk they are not!

crisaor
01-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by subterranean
I also think that Sum 41 is a wanna be punk bands. There's no such thing as great punk bands after the Clash.
What about The Ramones?

Originally posted by Isagel
I kind of like POD and Linkin park, but punk they are not!
They fit into the 'New Metal' categorie.

AbdoRinbo
01-03-2004, 05:41 PM

subterranean
01-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Crisaor, the staement "I like POD and Linkin Park..." was not mine, you were quoting Isagel, but not me (check it out). Nothing serious about it, just want to let you know ;)

I agree with you in a way Koa, good music completely obliterates any conception of genre.

crisaor
01-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Ooops :o . Sorry about that Sub. Slipped my mind. I'll correct it.
Abdo, are u sure about that? I may be wrong, since I'm not a fan of neither of the bands, but I believe they started more or less in the same years, and the Ramones carried on a little more than the Clash, so that's why I mentioned them.

Munro
01-05-2004, 08:31 PM
HEY! HO! LET'S GO! >denenenenenene<
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the last true punk band to grace the earth was Green Day, and now they're just veterans really. I haven't enjoyed punk rock since I was 12 though, so I don't really look into it much.

It was really gut wrenching for me to see Radiohead coupled with Linkin Park in the same sentence. Rock music has become so diverse that two bands from opposite ends of the genre spectrum look ridiculous when compared, so to name the best rock bands today is futile.

Thanks to Abdo's guidance I'm listening to a lot of Sigur Ros, who are friends of Radiohead, but they transcend any genre of music really.

AbdoRinbo
01-05-2004, 11:11 PM

subterranean
01-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Munro
...I'm listening to a lot of Sigur Ros, who are friends of Radiohead, but they transcend any genre of music really.

Yes, Sigur Ros is cool too. I heard the band's collaboration with Radiohead..

The Clash was around the 70's and 80's and the Ramones still exist until the 90's. In periodic terms I suppose the ramones was still there after the Clash, but in terms of music I think The Clash still tops, well at least for me :)

Blade
01-09-2004, 08:51 AM
w00t i'm the only 1 here who likes AAR

Jay
01-09-2004, 10:33 AM
What/who are all-american rejects? I don't suppose I know a lot of them, but might know some...

BloodStaindRose
01-10-2004, 12:41 AM
i LOVE the All- American Rejects
they are the only band i like that every song on their album is awesome!