PDA

View Full Version : The "let's quote my philosophy textbook out of context" game

cuppajoe_9
10-14-2006, 03:54 PM
I'll quote somebody completely out of context, and you try to figure out what in the sam hell they are talking about. Political correctness is not guaranteed. And go:

-Eskimo No. 1 did not enjoy the extreme cold in the polar region and decided to move to a warmer climate.

-No. 2 is the husband of Eskimo No. 1. He loves her dearly and did not wish to leave without her.

-No. 3 is the son of Eskimos 1 and 2. He is too small and too weak to oppose his parents.

-No. 4 saw an advertisement in the New York Times for an Eskimo to appear on television.

-No. 5 is a private detective engaged by the Pinkerton Agency to keep an eye on Eskimo No. 4.

Paul Edwards

If you'd like, you can think of them as members of the Edmonton Canadaian Football team rather than mislabeled Inuit.

dramasnot6
01-18-2007, 04:16 AM
Does not look like a textbook to me Cuppa...is it a fiction piece?

kathycf
01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Edmonton Footballer # 2 has the first name of Marty. Er, is that right? :confused:

Oh, I think the topic of the converstation is the best fertilizer for one's garden.

:confused: :D

Nightshade
01-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Um why people move wait no thats sociology rather than philosphy

Pendragon
01-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Would Eskimo #1 be named "Lucy" by any chance? This would make the topic evolution, whether it should be taught in schools, with Eskimo #4 being John Scopes and #5 being Clarence Darrow or William Jennings Bryan, depending on who you interpret The Pinkerton Agency to be.