PDA

View Full Version : What have you got to loose?

PierreGringoire
10-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I'd like to hear the things people are most concerned of loosing in life. In other words what is most keeping y'all alive?
- A dream?
- A belief?
- A commitment?

cuppajoe_9
10-11-2006, 11:08 PM
My shoelaces.

Madhuri
10-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Probably the fear that I will be nothing. I think this is what keeps me going. How will I see myself when I dont have a dream, belief, or commitment?

AimusSage
10-15-2006, 05:13 AM
I think my irresistable urge to breathe is keeping me alive.

Apart from that, I guess I have an ultimate goal in life, which I am working towards. Although I am not 100% sure it's such a good goal to have. :)

subterranean
10-15-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm not living; I'm just killing time

(True Love Waits-radiohead)

Pendragon
10-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Interesting question as phrased. What have I got to lose? Nothing in the long run, as my disability makes my life a living hell at times. What keeps me going? Family and friends. A woman who stood by me through the worst and still does; a daughter and two sons who think there's no one like their dad; and the small circle of friends who look beyond everything and see the real me. So I get down on life from time to time but one or the other always pulls me through. You can't buy that at the store, my friend. :)

Nightshade
10-15-2006, 10:51 PM
gosh-- lets see what keeping me alive now this is a stupid answer or rather its going to be conidered a stupid answer.
Faith, fear, laziness and pure hardheaded stuborness.
to qualify that a couple of times Ive sunk low enough to be at the point of sying what the hell and thinking about ending it all-- but then I just wont
a) I belive its a mortal sin ( mind you the ironic thing there is well duh it would be mortal or rather fatal isnt it)
B) fear: Of god of pain of being wrong of failing the test that is life of not being anymore. Of never getting to read the sequel to whatever series Im reading at the time.
c)Laziness-- when ever I get that bad I tend to be so is the word lathargic? whatever I cant drag up the energy to actually do it.
D) and probably the second most important after (a) Im too stubborn to admit defeat or to give up. And I will not be a coward and back down leaving my family to clean up the mess.

But what I fear losing most in life? Faith that is a thought that truly terrifies me, that and my mum without a chance to say goodbye-when I was about 5 rescue 911 used to come on the tv and I guess i Must have been a bit traumatised because I had ful blown panic attacks when ever she went out without me I was cconvinced she be in a car accident and be gone. Im still givento panic attacks if I start worrying about someone being out of the house and let myself acttualy think about it. So I guess those are the 2 most important things in my life.

optimisticnad
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
wow. we have such a variety. i think bottom line: we all kinda have similar fears, we like to think wer so different from each other but news flash:
WER NOT REALLY. i guess im afraid of lossing people i love, not happened yet so dreading the first person to go! agh! uh.....i dont want to wake up when im really old and find that im full of regrets. not achieving my goal (whatever it may be). and theres the usual ones: falling down, having skirt blown up and everyone seeing minnie mouse knickers.... :-)
whatever our fear-life goes on. and sometimes we become so preoccupied with present circumstances and trivial events that we forget to just live. damn....u people really enjoy making me miserbale dont you.....

ShoutGrace
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Apart from that, I guess I have an ultimate goal in life, which I am working towards. Although I am not 100% sure it's such a good goal to have.

Just remember, they’re not worth it. ;)

I'm not living; I'm just killing time.

You have to do something whilst waiting for Godot.

D) and probably the second most important after (a) Im too stubborn to admit defeat or to give up. And I will not be a coward and back down leaving my family to clean up the mess.

I understand this one. Imagining the possible hurt left for my family members is dreadful (I’m taking your ‘mess’ in a larger sense, as well :D).

and theres the usual ones: falling down, having skirt blown up and everyone seeing minnie mouse knickers.... :-)

One person’s fear is another person’s . . .

Nightshade
10-17-2006, 06:44 PM
I understand this one. Imagining the possible hurt left for my family members is dreadful (I’m taking your ‘mess’ in a larger sense, as well :D).

It was meant to be both but the larger sense more ....:D

hitchhiker
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I have ****ed up a good portion of my life. I have a sister and I know if I went and did what I have thought about doing literly hundreds of times(end these breathes) she would probably end up worse then me so that is enough to keep these lungs working.

grace86
10-18-2006, 02:45 PM
What have I got to lose? Everything! There is so much in life to experience...whether you deem your life good or bad, I think it is worth it to stick around just to find those good moments like a smile from someone you care about, a telephone call...going to Disneyland...and the big things of course.

Never once has the thought crossed my mind of ending it all. Fear of death, loss of love and loved ones, life experiences yet to come, my God, and people yet to meet have all kept me here..oh and lets not forget the sugar!

miss tenderness
10-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm afraid of losing the people I love. There are other things that I do care about,like my beliefs, but I know that when I depart they will not fade away because I'm nothing except a sole person joined them and they are greater than me and they are going to prosper whether I'm a life or in my grave.

Nossa
10-20-2006, 03:13 PM
So...what's keeping me alive,ha?!
Well, lets see...
My religion (as in my faith) to start with..and this answers the part of what i'm afraid of losing the most...
My family and loved ones of course...My hope that tomorrow is always better, and that there's more to life....
My will that I can do more and I can achieve more...
And these are pretty much the things i'm afraid to lose the most