PDA

View Full Version : Plagiarism

Nightshade
10-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I have my first piece of uni work :eek2: --well I think I do theres been a break down in communictation- but Im meandering :p anyway the point is this essay is on plagiarism and in my research Ive come across a referance to a description of plagiarisim by Martin Aims and I was wondering if anyone knows what it is? :D:D

cuppajoe_9
10-05-2006, 08:17 PM
I really don't, but you should definitiely include a paragraph on Anne Coulter's new book, which contains at least three counts of verified plagarism. Also four counts of libel. Per page.

Nightshade
10-05-2006, 08:41 PM
no I wont use it its only a 750 word essay with a specific aim being why do we care that plagurisim is on the major increase , Im just curious and like to decorate my walls ( and files ) with nifty quotes.

* ah the irony the ads at the top are offering to sell me essays--- I wonder if they do plagurised essays on plagurisim?:goof:

Turk
10-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Jack London: Call of Wild, Iron Heel.

Vladimir Nabokov: Lolita (Heinz Von Eschwege's Lolita).

Orhan Pamuk: My Name is Red (Plagiarised from Ancient Evenings of Norman Mailer), The White Castle (From a novel named "Istanbul In Era of Kanuni" of Fuad Carım).

Daniel Defoe: Robinson Crusoe. (Story named Hayy Bin Yakzan of Ibn-i Tufeyl, reminds me Robinson Crusoe. They almost have same subject.)

Basil
10-07-2006, 03:58 PM
After catching a student plagiarising someone else's work, C. S. Lewis wrote in a letter to Alastair Fowley: "What staggers me is how any man can prefer the galley-slave labour of transcription to the freeman's work of attempting an essay on his own."

Sindhu
11-06-2006, 03:38 AM
I have my first piece of uni work :eek2: --well I think I do theres been a break down in communictation- but Im meandering :p anyway the point is this essay is on plagiarism and in my research Ive come across a referance to a description of plagiarisim by Martin Aims and I was wondering if anyone knows what it is? :D:D

Martin Amis' description of Plagiarism "Being caught with one's hands in the word till." Is that what you were looking for?
Sindhu.

Nightshade
11-06-2006, 02:20 PM
yeah but I need to cite/referance it and so where did he say it?

stlukesguild
11-08-2006, 07:34 PM
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/001212.php

A brief overview of Eschwege's Lolita and Nabokov's supposed "plagerism". Where exactly is the line on plagerism drawn? Are we to declare that Milton's Paradise Lost is a "plagerism" of the Bible? Is Virgil's Aenead to be seen as a mere plagerism of Homer... and then where does that place Dante's Divine Comedy, Tennyson's "Ulysses", Kazanzakis' Odyssey, etc...? Indeed, did not Shakespeare "plagerize" nearly all of his narratives?

shinigami
11-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Hm.. thing is... you copy from one thing and it's called plagiarism... You copy from lots of different things and it's an essay, poem, feature article.. Whatever floats your boat...

snowflake
11-09-2006, 11:56 AM
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism ; to steal it from many is research":yawnb:

eVery One wants to live on top of the mountains, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climing it :banana:

maggie yang
11-28-2006, 01:10 AM
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism ; to steal it from many is research":yawnb:

eVery One wants to live on top of the mountains, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climing it :banana:
:lol: so what do you think of the differences between research and essay..

Jean-Baptiste
11-28-2006, 01:39 AM
* ah the irony the ads at the top are offering to sell me essays--- I wonder if they do plagurised essays on plagurisim?:goof:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's very funny, Nightshade! I've wondered similar things myself.

Niamh
11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
John Connelly just Wrote a book called The Book Of Lost Things

Heres a list of some of the things it Plagiarised:
One of the first chapters is similar to, well, one of the first chapters in Sue Townsends number ten

The Wizard of Oz

Neill Jordans Movie Company of Wolves

Grimms Fairytales but that was intentional i think.

The Movie Labyrinth

C.s.Lewis Lion the witch and the Wardrobe

Oddly enough i was very entertaining!

nobby56
12-04-2006, 02:34 AM
Mark Twain, has already been mentioned here, but you may wish, to check out further quotes by him, on the subject. There is a website, dealing specifically with his quotes.

brainstrain
12-04-2006, 11:13 PM
you've got quite the agenda cuppajoe ^_^

Personally i've always wondered why they make us public school kids document so painstakingly if no one cares when a book read by millions of people (as opposed to two) is half someone else's work...

Don't even get me started on the MLA works Cited format (the only thing i've ever found to be more rediculous is government itself).