12-17-2003, 05:28 AM
nyet!!!
do you refer to the movie or book???

AbdoRinbo
12-17-2003, 05:47 AM

azmuse
12-17-2003, 05:51 AM
OWWWWW
i was afraid of that, because the preview was so much less exciting than others being shown before and after
damndamndamn!!!
you saw the midnight showing? lucky you. or maybe not. i fibb-ed to myself that i would study and stayed home.

AbdoRinbo
12-17-2003, 05:55 AM

azmuse
12-17-2003, 06:16 AM
...pouts and wonders why tolkien didn't rise up and edit the film himself

ihrocks
12-17-2003, 09:18 AM
I say let the film drag....the more time I can spend looking at Legolas and his pretty blond locks (alas, it's a wig!) the better!

Can't go until the weekend, but looking forward to it just the same.

ihrocks

Stanislaw
12-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh!

All I hear is legolas this orlando that, that infidel has ruined the movie for all tolkien fans.

Oh well my sis is obsessed with him.

Azoic
12-18-2003, 01:26 AM
Word! They should have done a better casting job, so I could enjoy the movie with out hearing about that stinking elf so much!

azmuse
12-18-2003, 01:30 AM
drools...rational thoughts obscured/occluded: "Faramir...Aragorn..." (sighs)

Jay
12-18-2003, 01:03 PM
Well, Azoic, I bet whomever they would choose for casting, there sure as hell will be some well, mostly gals, who would drool over the other guys, it kinda doesn't matter... you see my point?

IWilKikU
12-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Legolas was the 'Jar-Jar Binks' of the trilogy.

crisaor
12-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by AbdoRinbo
Blah.
You couldn't wait to post this, could you? :) I won't be able to see it until January 1st. :(

Originally posted by IWilKikU
Legolas was the 'Jar-Jar Binks' of the trilogy.
It's funny you should post this, I thought Legolas was way overrated in the first two movies.

AbdoRinbo
12-18-2003, 04:06 PM

subterranean
12-18-2003, 10:27 PM
BAD...
since this is the last movie and there's none to come.

AbdoRinbo
12-19-2003, 05:57 AM

IWilKikU
12-19-2003, 02:29 PM
I hope he combines the two and has Balin and Dwalin pray to Mothera to save Tokyo, while Kong and Smoug battle it out over the skies of Merkwood! OOh and each of the five armies could support a different super-entity! The eagles would have Mothera, of course. The Orcs could have Mechzilla. Men killed Smoug so Kong is endepted to them. The elves get The Creature from the black Lagoon, and that leaves the Dwarves with... uhh... A Midget in a Bakini!

Koa
12-19-2003, 04:04 PM
I'm proud to announce that I don't have a clue what you're all talking about.
(well actually after reading the whole thread I think I know what the topic is, but I don't know anything else)

crisaor
12-19-2003, 04:57 PM
They're talking thrash about Peter Jackson. Or at least, I hope they are.

AbdoRinbo
12-19-2003, 05:06 PM

subterranean
12-20-2003, 12:01 AM
Who's Peter Jackson :rolleyes:

(j/k) :D

IWilKikU
12-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Actually I wasn't talking trash about Peter Jackson. I thought the LOTR movies were awsome. All 3. I've just always wanted to seeThe Hobbit mixed with King Kong! Wouldn't that be sweet!:D

Azoic
12-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Sounds, interesting, at least. Especially considering how linear (and therefore boring imo) The Hobbit story line is.

imthefoolonthehill
12-24-2003, 01:43 AM
First off... I thought the movie was pretty good (B+ to A-)

Secondly... about legolas... I am a male... so I am not a pro in the area of what makes a man attractive... but to me he looked like a sissy.... I mean... I would think that women would be more drawn to uh... the King... (sorry... only seen each one once... don't remember the names...).... uh Slider... or Strider or whatever his nickname is.

DumbLikeAPoet
12-24-2003, 01:52 AM
I liked the movie a lot. It was long but there was a lot to tie up so its understandable.

Jonus

Azoic
12-24-2003, 09:07 PM
I enjoyed the movie, except when I got up afterwards, my a$$ really hurt. I also noticed that Aragorn's sword wasn't consistant with the book, but other than that I thought it was well done.

azmuse
12-24-2003, 10:38 PM
re: fool's thoughts...
ok, so legolas may not be a manly man like faramir, someone you can see in the woods or under the car, but he has beautiful muscly-legs, in his defense. i thought aragorn Was sexy, esp. when he muscled the door open in the two towers, but faramir was a Lot hunkier and built. to be a perfectly sexist girl.

Stanislaw
12-25-2003, 12:57 AM
Legolass reminded me of the song where the guy sings I am to sexy for the ________. He is the sissyest, shemale in the movie, Golum is hotter.

IWilKikU
12-25-2003, 04:55 AM
I think Bloom/Legolas is a dork. Im a guy so I dont buy into all the "he's so hot!" Bullsh_t. My Girlfriend thinks he's a dork too.

imthefoolonthehill
12-30-2003, 04:33 AM
right on Iwilkiku.

fayefaye
12-31-2003, 06:58 AM
Avoiding all blockbuster movies, (too popular, too mainstream for my liking. Always over-hyped. big disappointments. Get real bored and start to stare at my shoes in movie theatre. Then strike uo a discussion with whoever's sitting next to me.) true to form, I've seen the first and not the rest. Most of my [female] friends think legalos is HOT. As for me, I don't know who he is. :) Whoever orlando bloom plays must be pretty good lookin'. Not that I want this thread to turn shallow. Plus the guys seem pretty awkward talking about good looking elves, etc, or whatever they are. I think The Hobbit was a much better book than the first LOTR, and I have no idea why they didn't turn it into a movie first.

*reading kik's post* Oh, wait, *scuse my ignorance* Bloom plays legalos? Orlando Bloom is hot! But maybe the character's a dork.

fayefaye
12-31-2003, 07:01 AM
*actually reading my last post* I am not that shallow! let's not discuss guys, shall we? Tolkein is verbose. I didn't like the first LOTR book, it lacked plot and quality characterisation, and The Hobbit was far better. Discuss.

crisaor
12-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Discuss? Ok. You're wrong and I'm right. I won. :D

IWilKikU
01-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Faye, to clarify:

In the books, Legolas was badass. Some of my favorite parts of the trilogy were the dialogues between him and Gimli. He was jolly and fun and liked to laugh. Bloom (who both my girlfriend and I agree is unremarkable) is a dork. He plays Legolas as like a hardcore seasoned veteran. He never smiles, he pulls off some cool computer-generated manuveres, and female-teen America goes ape**** for him. He's a dorky guy who damn near ruined the character for me. So I'm talking sh_t about

1. Orlando Bloom himself
2. His/Jacksons interpratation of Legolas

I'm definatly not talking sh_t about tolkien's Legolas.

fayefaye
01-02-2004, 05:46 AM
I just liked him in Pirates of the Caribbean. ....Since I don't like tolkein, and hence couldn't care less about his legolas. Isn't Legolas supposed to die anyway? If they stayed true to the book, then shouldn't you be happy?

Munro
01-02-2004, 05:59 AM
"The horses are restless, and the men are quiet..."

Hahahaha it was an awful script, took itself more seriously than the previous too. I liked it though, but my friend and I giggled throughout anything lame and drawn out.

fayefaye
01-02-2004, 06:02 AM
I hate it when you can tell movies are making a real pretentious effort to get everyone to think they're good.

crisaor
01-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by fayefaye
Isn't Legolas supposed to die anyway? If they stayed true to the book, then shouldn't you be happy?
No, Legolas doesn't die in the book.

Originally posted by Munro
Hahahaha it was an awful script, took itself more seriously than the previous too. I liked it though, but my friend and I giggled throughout anything lame and drawn out.
You're right. It is lame. As Faye said, it's pretty clear that New Line Cinema has done a big "promotion" effort.

fayefaye
01-04-2004, 02:54 AM
I talked non-stop all through the second matrix movie. I hated it that much. I talk through bad movies to punish the people who dragged me with them. I'm puurrre evil. :( :) :D

crisaor
01-05-2004, 05:39 PM
That's justified. :)

fayefaye
01-06-2004, 05:50 AM
:D

Stanislaw
01-10-2004, 10:17 PM
I hate watching advertising for movies, they always make the movie look better than it really is.

The LOTR movies were mediocure.

Pirates of the Caribean was sweet. " Why is all the rum gone?"

fayefaye
01-11-2004, 06:08 AM
Yeah, I loved that movie. :D