PDA

View Full Version : It's Only a Matter of Time!!

Sherif Omar
09-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Hello

I Beleive that Jane Austen's 'Persuation' described me . she described the Hardest and Most cruel feeling ever, which is to be away from your love , not by distance , but by time .
And I Belive too, that the Anne's Mistake (Being Persuaded to leave her only love) wasn't the only mistake , but Captin William Did Three great mistake :
First
That he left her , and gave up their pure love story , simply because she couldn't be strong enough , and he just ran away .
Secound
He tried to forget Anne by time (seven Years ) and tried to push his emotions to move to another lady , ofcouse he failed , because i beleive that a man has got one life , one heart & One love
Third
He Let his Foolish pride Come Over his heart , and forgot that he had duties that he didnt accomplish , which are supporting Anne in her weakness and saving his love from being scattered into pieces
What I would like to say that , Love is The core of Life , and Life is a war , Full of major and minor Battles, if you win your love , that means you won the core , but if you lost it you will live your life in the pain of living as a dead person.
I myself will fight till the end of forever to win the Core

uzma
10-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Hi,
Why do i feel as though Omar is consciously blaming everything on Captain Wentworth, when actually Anne is more at fault than him. She refuses to marry Capt. W. because he is not rich enough for her and her family. Therefore, she is entireky to blame for their long seperation. I don't know this may have been normal and acceptable at that time but today if anyone were to reject someone because of their financial status i personally would feel that that person is hypocritical and selfish to then accept them when they are rich. And anyway if one's love is strong and true enough they cannot be persuaded to stop loving someone as it is proved in Anne and Capt. Wentworth's case. They are still very much in love even after seven years of seperation.

shortysweetp
10-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Persuasion is my favorite of Jane Austen's and I must say that Captain Wentworth was not to blame. who could blame him if his only loved refused to marry when when he had nothing. It was very common then not to marry for love but for money and status, even though that is not how Anne felt she was confused and did not have a mother to go to for help and the advice that she got was the only thing she had to go on other than her feelings.

Sherif Omar
10-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Hello

Thanks for reading my commentry , and also thanks for your reply , but what i raelly wanted to say , it's not only ann's fault , coz i beleive during this age , families had more influence , but this influence still couldn't erase him from her heart , the main problem is that william couldn't understand the pressure that she was in , and he just gave up on her . but of course i totally agree with you that Anne made a real mistake that may had killed her heart till forever

malwethien
10-17-2006, 04:16 AM
I don't think he gave up on her. She hurt him a lot...and what else could he have done but to leave? He also wanted to prove himself by going aboard that ship...(i forgot the details of it...). Anne rejected him because of her friend's advice...not because she didn't love him.

By the way, Omar, why do you keep calling Capt. Wentworth William?

Lulabelli
10-20-2006, 05:51 AM
Glad it's not just me that noticed that! Obv English isnt Sherif's first language but PLEASE get the names right :) lol
I have to agree with Malwethien that it does seem to be all down to Anne's being persuaded by Lady Russell to give him up. Having been oppressed by her father and sister's her whole life-well, at least since her mother's death- and since she is a quiet little creature and never seen as "much" by her family. Then it is no wonder that she was easily persuaded having been practically convinced that she could be wrong over the whole matter
No way is it Captn Wentworth's fault- he had been accepted and then rejected wth almost no explanation- you can understand that a man's pride can be hurt enough to make him want to get away!
Awwwwwwww... Ciaran Hinds....the memories of 1995 BBC version- Get hold of it if you haven't already!

EdoRick
10-22-2006, 12:09 AM
When a woman falls in love, is it forever? Or does time, like most things, wipe away even true love. Is this why Anne could not forget the Captain even if he did run away and didn't really try harder to bring them together?

malwethien
10-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Nicely said Lulabelli :)

I don't necessarily think that when a woman falls in love it's forever EdoRick...but in Anne's case I think it is different because it was actually her fault that Wentworth left. He didn't leave or "run away" because he didn't love her...she kinda drove him away. I really don't blame Wentworth for not trying harder to make their relationship "work." I think he did what anyone would do when faced with that kind of situation...

Roxy87
10-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't thinks its either of their faults that it didn't work out at first. Anne wasn't being selfish or greedy when she refused Wentworth. She did it because she thought it was best for him. If they'd married she thought she would've brought him down and he wouldn't have the success that he has by the time she sees him again.

Wrong timings to blame.

malwethien
10-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Do you guys see the relation between this book and The Lake House? They made references to Persuasion in that movie...I don't know, but I don't really see it :)