PDA

View Full Version : Hii i'm new mmbr.^_^ and want some Help *_*

FunkyGirl
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi EveryOne.

I'm new here. I hope i will get a good advice here.

I have read the Fall of the House of Usher which is really difficalt for me to understand. Can anybody give me a summary of this storY? I''' really appreciate it.
Thank U Very Muchh;) .

RobinHood3000
09-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Welcome to LitNet!

What is it specifically you find difficult to understand?

noire
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi everybody!!! I'm a new one :)) I'm doin' some research on Edgar Allan Poe's works. However, it seems difficult for me to find an interesting topic. Can anyone here be kind enough to give me some suggestions? I really don't want to spend more time on SYMBOLISM.

RobinHood3000
09-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, if you're picking a topic, best do something you're interested in. Personally, my favorite Poe story is Masque of the Red Death, particularly the atmosphere buildup to the climax. If you wanted to study style, that's what I recommend, but it's entirely personal.

Also FunkyGirl, if you read Fall of the House of Usher but don't understand it, a summary probably won't help you any. If you truly did read it, you might get farther by asking specific questions. If you didn't and are looking for a quick escape from reading it, you'll want to look elsewhere -- of course, the probability that you didn't read it is minimal, since it's called a "short story" for a reason.