PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Author Nominations

Scheherazade
09-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Please nominate the authors you would like to read during 2007 here by September 30th.

Please do not suggest too obscure authors (their works should be available in English on amazon to be nominated).

Only one nomination per member, please.

(Please note that nominations are open only those members with 50+ posts)

Book Club Procedures (http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?p=57103#post57103)

Taliesin
09-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Strugatskis or Pelevin, Strugatskis or Pelevin, Strugatskis or Pelevin...?
Or perhaps even Zelazny?
hmmmh.

Strugatskis.

We nominate Arkadi and Boriss Strugatski.

Pensive
09-01-2006, 09:29 AM
I nominate John Updike.

Schokokeks
09-01-2006, 01:08 PM
I nominate John Updike.
I second Pensy on this one :nod:

I've never read a book along with the book club before, but I'd love to do so by next year when I've started uni and am done with changing flats.
I hope I may ? And as well name a nomination myself (which would be Salman Rushdie) ?

Virgil
09-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Good choice, Pensy. Here's mine: Cormac McCarthy.

Virgil
09-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Scher and Moderators:

I know monthly authors won, but since random books came in so close, if no one objects, why don't we alternate months between the two. This way we pick six authors for the year and do that every other month, and have a random selection for the other months in between. I think this way would be more interesting and satisfy more people. If no one objects, why not do this?

To the members of lit net:
Does anyone object?

Virgil

papayahed
09-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Can I nominate more then 1 author?

If so, I nominate:
Stephen King, Shakespeare, Dashiell Hammett, Chuck Palahniuk, Truman Capote, Kurt Vonnegut, Jack Kerouac, Jeffrey Eugenides

If I can only nominate one, I pick Truman Capote

Charles Darnay
09-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I nominate Vonnegut.

In response to Virgil's post..... I like the idea

bazarov
09-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Scher and Moderators:

I know monthly authors won, but since random books came in so close, if no one objects, why don't we alternate months between the two. This way we pick six authors for the year and do that every other month, and have a random selection for the other months in between. I think this way would be more interesting and satisfy more people. If no one objects, why not do this?

Does anyone object?

Virgil

Good idea.
My picks are Wilde and Bulgakov.

Schokokeks
09-02-2006, 03:53 AM
I know monthly authors won, but since random books came in so close, if no one objects, why don't we alternate months between the two.
Does anyone object?

I think that's a good idea :nod: That way, half of the book we're reading wouldn't be determined in advance by narrowing the choice to one author. For those who don't want to double authors, we could include a rule that a random nomination may not be written by any author of the month.
Good point, Virgil :nod: Reconciliations are best, anyway :D

Balrog88
09-02-2006, 09:29 AM
I'd like to nominate James F. Morin he wrote a book called Rothshield: Chasing Shadows. He's on amazon and I'd bet you would all be suprised at how good and different he is. He also writes from first person point of view, which is a nice change. I know I won't have much influence but I thought I'd put my 2cents in anyway.:brow:

Scheherazade
09-02-2006, 10:34 AM
I would like to remind that only members with 50+ posts can nominate books and the nominations are strictly one author per member.

As for having a mixture of Authors and Random nomination system: Last month we voted to determine the system favoured most by the members and the Author of the Month has been the most popular and will be the system adopted during 2007. Having a mixture of systems would make it both confusing and hard to manage, unfortunately.

Nominations so far:

Arkadi and Boriss Strugatski

John Updike

Salman Rushdie

Cormac McCarthy

Truman Capote

Kurt Vonnegut

bazarov
09-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Oscar Wilde.

Nightshade
09-03-2006, 07:47 AM
O_O oooh yes Wilde :nod:
and my nomination

Wodehouse

Balrog88
09-03-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm sorry. I didn't know that you only know if its a good book if you have over 50 posts. That's not a very good way of welcoming new members. I thought this site would be a good way to find out about good books, not being repremanded like a child by some book snob. I know I'll most likely get banned for this but I don't care. I'd rather find a site thats fun to go to than one where they ignore you unless you're a select few.

bazarov
09-03-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry. I didn't know that you only know if its a good book if you have over 50 posts. That's not a very good way of welcoming new members. I thought this site would be a good way to find out about good books, not being repremanded like a child by some book snob. I know I'll most likely get banned for this but I don't care. I'd rather find a site thats fun to go to than one where they ignore you unless you're a select few.
You could do that on more polite way... Let's say, how about asking me if I can suggest your favorite:brow: You can also say who is your pick, no matter of accepting or no accepting your opinion in votes, maybe someboody will like your choice and vote for it.
About 50 votes, the point is ( I guess so:idea: ) that people who vote also read and discuss about book, and if somebody wrote couple of hundreds of votes and disccuses every day, you can be sure that he will read new books and later post his impressions about it. There are too many of those who write a post or two and then they just vanish,and their opinion shouldn't be taken same as Mono's, AimusSage's or Jay's( they are just an example) opinion.

Scheherazade
09-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry. I didn't know that you only know if its a good book if you have over 50 posts. That's not a very good way of welcoming new members. I thought this site would be a good way to find out about good books, not being repremanded like a child by some book snob. I know I'll most likely get banned for this but I don't care. I'd rather find a site thats fun to go to than one where they ignore you unless you're a select few.Balrog,

I am sorry to hear that you see the minimum 50 posts for nominations rule as an unwelcome gesture; it is merely a precaution to prevent poll rigging attempts and give long-term members a bigger say in deciding what they will read in the Book Club.

We don't think that you can tell a good book only if you have over 50 posts (everybody knows that it takes far more posts than mere 50! :p) However, in the past our regular and long term members had to read the books nominated/chosen by temporary members who were never around to read the books they themselves suggested. As a result, we have decided to introduce the '50 posts' rule.

Why don't you join in other discussions and/or games available on the Forum and increase your post count before the end of the month to nominate an author for 2007 readings? This way you wouldn't have to wait for another 3 months to take part in the discussions.

aeroport
09-03-2006, 08:57 PM
For my part, I think the 50+ post idea is really quite reasonable. It does not take long to accumulate 50 posts, and it demonstrates enough commitment to the forum to make you appear more dependable as far as participation goes.

I'm thinking D.H. Lawrence.

Virgil
09-03-2006, 09:20 PM
For my part, I think the 50+ post idea is really quite reasonable. It does not take long to accumulate 50 posts, and it demonstrates enough commitment to the forum to make you appear more dependable as far as participation goes.

I'm thinking D.H. Lawrence.

Oh, go ahead Jamsian. He's a great writer.

Nightshade
09-04-2006, 04:01 AM

You can also say who is your pick, no matter of accepting or no accepting your opinion in votes, maybe someboody will like your choice and vote for it..
Actually thats a very good idea

Balroq,

I am sorry to hear that you see the minimum 50 posts for nominations rule as an unwelcome gesture; it is merely a precaution to prevent poll rigging attempts and give long-term members a bigger say in deciding what they will read in the Book Club.

We don't think that you can tell a good book only if you have over 50 posts (everybody knows that it takes far more posts than mere 50! :p) However, in the past our regular and long term members had to read the books nominated/chosen by temporary members who were never around to read the books they themselves suggested. As a result, we have decided to introduce the '50 posts' rule..

Its also means that you are unlikley to create a new person just to swing the vote:brow: its just too much bother.
Not that I ever done that.

Actually sher I want to withraw my nomination please I havent joined in for a while ( ihave read or am reading the books though) so Ill wait and just vote next year.
can I just sayEnough with the 19th century and all that brain numbing stuff already can we try somthing slightly differant this year?

bazarov
09-04-2006, 04:13 AM
Its also means that you are unlikley to create a new person just to swing the vote:brow: its just too much bother.
Not that I ever done that.

Conspiracy!!:flare: :lol: :lol:

Nightshade
09-04-2006, 04:47 AM
Conspiracy!!:flare: :lol: :lol:

I never did it in fact Im not even saying its possible Scher magic ball and logos's magic button know exactly who you are.

bazarov
09-04-2006, 09:09 AM
I never did it in fact Im not even saying its possible Scher magic ball and logos's magic button know exactly who you are.

It's possible, couple of usernames and e-mail adresses...If you have time and will, you can try.

Nightshade
09-04-2006, 09:13 AM
NO your IP address trips you up.

bazarov
09-04-2006, 04:37 PM
NO your IP address trips you up.

Hey, I was just joking, I can't imagine somebody doing that on this forum.;)

lit-phile
09-05-2006, 03:25 AM

Well said!

papayahed
09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
can I just sayEnough with the 19th century and all that brain numbing stuff already can we try somthing slightly differant this year?

What Night said!!!!!!!:banana: :wave: :banana:

superunknown
09-08-2006, 10:23 PM
I nominate Kundera. Don't think we've ever done him.

grace86
09-09-2006, 12:57 AM
I have to say that this thread has been a bit fiery since I last saw it.

I was thinking of nominating guys, but I cannot promise I would have the time to reinforce my author by reading him!

But the choices seem really good so far. I am liking the D.H. Lawrence (partly because I own one of the books and have not yet read it!)

Idril
09-09-2006, 10:27 AM
I nominate Kundera. Don't think we've ever done him.

Oooh, yes! I second that nomination!

Scheherazade
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Arkadi and Boriss Strugatski

John Updike

Salman Rushdie

Cormac McCarthy

Truman Capote

Kurt Vonnegut

Oscar Wilde

D.H. Lawrence

Milan Kundera

Nine nominations so far... Hey, if it goes like this, maybe we won't even have to vote to pick the authors to read! :brow:

Virgil
09-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Oh God is that a boring group. We have to get some fun writers or we will be bored to tears and everyone will lose interest.

aeroport
09-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Oh God is that a boring group. We have to get some fun writers or we will be bored to tears and everyone will lose interest.

:lol:
I do not know why, but the way you worded that just sounded funny. Yes, if this is such a boring group, we certainly do not want to read MULTIPLE BOOKS by any of them to fill out the other quarter-year. Nominate, folks!

grace86
09-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Henry Rider Haggard anyone?!

I always thought his books were awesome.

Contrary to my previous statement on not wanting to nominate an author...I think I will nominate!

aeroport
09-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Contrary to my previous statement on not wanting to nominate an author...I think I will nominate!

(sigh of relief) Much obliged.

SleepyWitch
09-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Philip Roth?

Nightshade
09-11-2006, 03:59 AM
This is tooooo difficult cant we just use author nominations for3 quarters of the year and genre for the rest??:D:D:D

I didnt think so but its worth a try.

Like who? Im stumped for the life of me I cant think of a fun author :eek:
I tell you what, Virg you sugeest a few and Ill nominate one :nod:

Oh wait Im NOT nominating here but scher how would you feel about another Dan Simmons?
I like t when scifi/fantasty sees to be sayng somthing deeper. :lol:

Virgil
09-11-2006, 07:20 AM
This is tooooo difficult cant we just use author nominations for3 quarters of the year and genre for the rest??:D:D:D

I didnt think so but its worth a try.

Like who? Im stumped for the life of me I cant think of a fun author :eek:
I tell you what, Virg you sugeest a few and Ill nominate one :nod:

Oh wait Im NOT nominating here but scher how would you feel about another Dan Simmons?
I like t when scifi/fantasty sees to be sayng somthing deeper. :lol:

Three funny writers I can think of are David Lodge, Martin Aimis, and Saul Bellow.

Nightshade
09-11-2006, 08:28 AM
lodge isnt that talking heads http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1196.gif humm no he isnt but I know that name :confused:why do I know that name?!

humm havent heard or atleast registered the other 2 before.
STILL NOT NOMINATING Isabelle allande I quite liked house of spirits even if itwas majourlly wierd and Iwant to read her version of Zorro!:D ( Ok so thats my zorro obsession expressed for this half year)
Attwood? A lot of her work is depressing and rampantly feminist I know but I just love the way she uses words and Alias Grace wasnt that bad and Im sure we could find another.

What we need is somthing we can really get our teeth into and argue (nicely of course!) about without having our brains numbed.

In fact Scher if you dont mind when I decide what I want to nominate Ill put it in a post on its wth the titl nomination that way I can think out loud and really think about it before I nominate.

papayahed
09-11-2006, 11:01 AM

I know I shouldn't but I just can't resist......I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!:bawling:

Nightshade
09-11-2006, 11:02 AM
shouldnt you have a nana for I told you so ? followed by bawling!
So what are you going to do about it Papaya??

Taliesin
09-11-2006, 01:26 PM
I know I shouldn't but I just can't resist......I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!:bawling:

Ditto.

Come on, we need to get some compensation for the victory of the author system.

So: we told you so!

papayahed
09-12-2006, 10:14 AM
So what are you going to do about it Papaya??

try to read the books that win.

Nightshade
09-12-2006, 10:17 AM
try to read the books that win.

:rolleyes: that wasnt what I meant!

Taliesin
09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
What if we nominated Abdul Alhazred?
We have heard that his writings are very thrilling, although perhaps not very modern.

Nightshade
09-12-2006, 01:01 PM
errrm Tal isnt that a book rather than an author? I just wikkied and it cam up as Lovecroft. It sounds very interesting though.

actually the more I read the more confused I am :confused: Who am I looking at?

Scheherazade
09-12-2006, 05:30 PM
1. Arkadi and Boriss Strugatski - Taliesin

2. John Updike - Pensive

3. Salman Rushdie - Schokokeks

4. Cormac McCarthy - Virgil

5. Truman Capote - Papayahed

6. Kurt Vonnegut - Charles Darnay

7. Oscar Wilde - Bazarov

8. D.H. Lawrence - Jamesian

9. Milan Kundera - Superunknown

10. Henry Rider Haggard - Grace86

11. Philip Roth - SleepyWitch

I have recently read Everyman by Roth and was not very impressed.

Taliesin
09-13-2006, 06:51 AM
errrm Tal isnt that a book rather than an author? I just wikkied and it cam up as Lovecroft. It sounds very interesting though.

actually the more I read the more confused I am :confused: Who am I looking at?

No, it is a fictional author.
There is a mythical very evil book called Necroconicom in Lovecraft mythos, its' readers go insane and tend to die horrible deaths. Abdul Alhazred is the author of that book.

SleepyWitch
09-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I have recently read Everyman by Roth and was not very impressed.

i haven't read it yet.. still trying to catch up with his latest book before that (The Plot Against America).. hehe, I didn't even know about Everyman before i read your msg.
um, I'd recommend Portnoy's Complaint, The Human Stain or The Dying Animal...
that's the ones I remember definitely... i read a couple of others (the Zuckerman ones and some others about the guy from The Dying Animal) but they are all blurred and merged into one book in my mind... maybe the political ones are more distinctive?

Scheherazade
09-13-2006, 11:02 AM
I have not read any other books by Roth and I don't mind giving him another try if it is chosen.

I think the topic of Everyman did not agree with me as its timing was not very good and it was somehow too close to home, too near the bone... but c'est la vie! :)

I cannot decide whom to nominate either... Thinking of Stephen King, Willa Cather, Edith Wharton, Henry James, Ian McEwan...

Schokokeks
09-13-2006, 01:01 PM
I cannot decide whom to nominate either... Thinking of Stephen King, Willa Cather, Edith Wharton, Henry James, Ian McEwan...

May I humbly suggest Ian McEwan ? :p There were about five people recommending his books to me, especially Saturday. Plus, he's still alive and not one of

the 19th century and all that brain numbing stuff that Nighty despises for this year :D

Nightshade
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
that Nighty despises for this year :D

I dont despise them Im just a bit sick of them really ( and I havent read as many as most people here) I actually quite like them but I never read the "worthy" stuff I prefer the stuff that seems to have slipped through the usual nets. D. M. Mullock Craik, The more obscure L M Alcotts, E H porter , Kate Douglas Smith Wiggin, Maria edgeworth, George macdonald.Fanny Burney and thats just 19th centurey.

aeroport
09-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Can James and Wharton not both - technically - be considered "20th"-century?:D

Scheherazade
09-14-2006, 11:59 AM
May I humbly suggest Ian McEwan ? :p There were about five people recommending his books to me, especially Saturday. Plus, he's still alive and not one of that Nighty despises for this year :DI have been wanting to read his Atonement since last year but never had the chance. So, I might go ahead and nominate him.
Can James and Wharton not both - technically - be considered "20th"-century?:D I don't have any problems with 19th century authors actually; I will read almost anything and everything (Have read since every single BC book chosen since I joined the forum.) I have read only one of book of both James and Wharton and I really liked their styles and would like to explore their works more... whether through the BC or not :)

papayahed
09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I have not read any other books by Roth and I don't mind giving him another try if it is chosen.

I think the topic of Everyman did not agree with me as its timing was not very good and it was somehow too close to home, too near the bone... but c'est la vie! :)

Wouldn't it be neato to open it up so that we can nominate 2???? That would really broaden the field and perhaps make it more exciting? :D

Scheherazade
09-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Wouldn't it be neato to open it up so that we can nominate 2???? That would really broaden the field and perhaps make it more exciting? :DThat is a good suggestion actually. If we don't have 20 nominations by September 23rd, we might start accepting the second nominations (during the last week of the nominations).

papayahed
09-15-2006, 09:46 AM
That is a good suggestion actually. If we don't have 20 nominations by September 23rd, we might startaccepting the second nominations (during the last week of the nominations).

All Right!!!:banana:

superunknown
09-17-2006, 05:52 PM
You've never read any Oscar Wilde, have you? Try reading The Importance of Being Earnest or The Picture of Dorian Grey (especially Lord Henry Wotton's witticisms) and then tell me with a straight face that Wilde isn't fun.

However, I've already cast my nomination, but if anyone wants a writer who's uproariously funny, you should nominate Joseph Heller. Or I'll nominate him if no one else does and we open up to 2 nominations per person.

Virgil
09-17-2006, 06:03 PM
You've never read any Oscar Wilde, have you? Try reading The Importance of Being Earnest or The Picture of Dorian Grey (especially Lord Henry Wotton's witticisms) and then tell me with a straight face that Wilde isn't fun.

However, I've already cast my nomination, but if anyone wants a writer who's uproariously funny, you should nominate Joseph Heller. Or I'll nominate him if no one else does and we open up to 2 nominations per person.

Yes, I've read The Importance of Being Ernest and found it to be a lot of fun.:thumbs_up :)

bazarov
09-18-2006, 02:46 AM

The Picture of Dorian Gray is really an excellent book.

subterranean
09-18-2006, 07:37 AM
The Picture of Dorian Gray is really an excellent book.

I think we had discussed this book before.

Scheherazade
09-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Arkadi and Boriss Strugatski and Viktor Pelevin - Taliesin

John Updike - Pensive

Salman Rushdie and H.G. Wells - Schokokeks

Cormac McCarthy and David Lodge - Virgil

Truman Capote - Papayahed

Kurt Vonnegut - Charles Darnay

Oscar Wilde and Mihail Bulgakov - Bazarov

D.H. Lawrence and Edith Wharton - Jamesian

Milan Kundera - Superunknown

Henry Rider Haggard and Ovid - Grace86

Philip Roth - SleepyWitch

John Irving and Henry James - Scheherazade

Angela Carter and Ian McEwan - Jay

H.P Lovecraft and Terry Pratchet by AimusSage

Bernard Shaw and Stella Gibbons by Nightshade

Let the second round of nominations begin!

Virgil
09-22-2006, 01:33 AM
If that means we can nominate another, then I'll nominate David Lodge.

Taliesin
09-22-2006, 08:46 AM
If this is allowed, then we will nominate Viktor Pelevin

papayahed
09-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Damn, I'm still having a hard time narrowing it down, ok either:

Chuck Palahniuk, Kurt Vonnegut, Jeffrey Eugenides .............Anybody got any suggestions? Any newbies want to narrow it down?

Scheherazade
09-22-2006, 11:09 AM
I think I will nominate John Irving and Henry James.

Papaya> Vonnegut has already been nominated by Charles Darnay.

papayahed
09-22-2006, 11:57 AM
I think I will nominate John Irving and Henry James.

Papaya> Vonnegut has already been nominated by Charles Darnay.

Opps, ok then:

Chuck Palahniuk or Jeffrey Eugenides

Jay
09-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Seeing as I missed round 1 and it's already round 2, I'd like to nominate Angela Carter and Ian McEwan. Two birds, one stone ;)

grace86
09-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Someone mentioned that the list seemed kind of boring ealier on, but I am a bit embarrassed to admit that a lot of these authors I have not heard of. So I am excited to see which twelve will finally be picked.

I will have to pick my second author...

grace86
09-22-2006, 01:26 PM
How about Ovid? I am reading a portion of Metamorphoses for Lit class and it sounds wonderful....hardly boring!!

Scheherazade
09-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Grace, please feel free to nominate any author you would like to read. This is just nominations yet so when it comes to voting, eveyone will vote for the authors they would like to read. :)

AimusSage
09-22-2006, 01:36 PM
I would like to nominate H.P Lovecraft or Terry Pratchet for some lighter reading, but considering I only once read a book for this bookclub, only realising afterwards I read it in the same month, feel free to discard my nominations, as I will read both authors someday anyway. :D

grace86
09-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Alright Scher...then Ovid it is!! :p

bazarov
09-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Mihail Bulgakov. I could reread Master and Margarita without a problem:D

Nightshade
09-22-2006, 05:35 PM
ummm Bernard shaw ?:D
I was justthink about his stuff yesterday and I rembered how much I enjoy them :nod:

Probably wont get through but how about Stella Gibbions??

Schokokeks
09-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Yippie, second nomination ! :banana:

Then mine will be:
Salman Rushdie and H.G. Wells

grace86, great that you bring in Ovid !! Ancient literature offers some real jewels that are so rarely read...
I'll throw a coffee party for those who'd like to read the Latin original with me ;) :p

aeroport
09-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Edith Wharton

Scheherazade
09-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Nominations so far:

John Updike - Pensive

Salman Rushdie and H.G. Wells - Schokokeks

Truman Capote - Papayahed

Milan Kundera - Superunknown

papayahed
09-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Somebody Help me!!!!

Who should I nominate:

Chuck Palahniuk or Jeffrey Eugenides

Don't make me flip a coin!!

grace86
09-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Go for Jeffrey Eugenides. I've wanted to read his stuff. :p

Scheherazade
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
How about Bret Easton Ellis instead of those two?

*grins Scheherazadishly*

papayahed
09-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Aww heck.

I think I should nominate Eugenides because grace picked him first, but then again Bret Easton Ellis ias good too........

grace86
09-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Aww, well I don't want to cause a headache. Just thought if I had to go out and buy another book when I have about twelve I need to read - I would choose his is all.

papayahed
09-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Aww, well I don't want to cause a headache. Just thought if I had to go out and buy another book when I have about twelve I need to read - I would choose his is all.

YOU didn't cause the headache........Did she Scher???:D

grace86
09-25-2006, 03:17 PM
:D

Guess that's just me then sorry :lol:

Schokokeks
09-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Err, Scher, I would like to change my second nomination, if that's possible, please.
I somehow feel that I should bring in a writer (and winner of the Nobel prize) from my country to draw attention to this corner of the literary world :D
Given that his autobiography has just been published and largely discussed in Germany, I thought it might be interesting to read one of his works...

Thus my nominations would be
Salman Rushdie and Günter Grass

papayahed
09-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Jeffrey Eugenides

Scheherazade
09-26-2006, 11:36 AM
YOU didn't cause the headache........Did she Scher???:DNot at all... It was not you, Grace! ;)

Err, Scher, I would like to change my second nomination, if that's possible, please.

Thus my nominations would be
Salman Rushdie and Günter GrassNo worries :)

Nominations at the moment:

John Updike - Pensive

Salman Rushdie and Gunter Grass - Schokokeks

Truman Capote and Jeffrey Eugenides - Papayahed

Milan Kundera and Joseph Heller - Superunknown

grace86
09-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Yay Papaya!

Nightshade
09-26-2006, 02:01 PM
well I see a few there I would like to read so we are not doing as bad as olast year :D

superunknown
09-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Joseph Heller

Scheherazade
09-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Going once...

Scheherazade
09-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Going twice...

papayahed
09-30-2006, 02:47 PM
It looks like this years list is significantly different then last years.