PDA

View Full Version : Whos seen Polanskis version?

musikykah
08-21-2006, 05:07 AM
I have and i loved it, his version of macbeth was indeed very dark an negative but thats the way it should be portrayed!! word has it he was in the process of making a bright an cheerful film when his wife was murdered 8 mths pregnant by the charles manson cult so he dropped it an made macbeth, bits of his own horror at his wife death are glimpsed in the movie especially in the rape seen where the macduff household is kiled, this is similar to his wife (sharon Tate)s death.
Id like to hear your opinions please, anyone whos watched it.

Janine
10-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I have never seen this version of MacBeth, but I have seen the older film by Orson Wells. It is a very dark film and pretty phennomenal for the time it was produced. However, I have heard of the Polanski film you speak of and that it proceeded his wife's murder. Interesting and hard to believe he could handle such a thing at that time; but I suppose everyone works grief out differently. I imagine this film is quite good. Thanks for recommending it. I liked Polanski's version of Thomas Hardy's "Tess of the D'Urbervilles". The film is just called "Tess". He did a fine job on that film, as he did on "The Pianist". Polanksi is a great film director. I hope to see this version of MB. Do you know who stars in it? I am a big movie fan, especially those based on Shakespeare and classics. I highly recommend Kenneth Branagh's Henry V. It is about the closest to a perfect film that I know of....Shakespeare at it's finest. Afterall, Shakespeare wrote for production, not really for reading. He relished an audience and the stage was his world....quote "all the worlds a stage".

alienlovesong
06-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I love it, it's very bloody and keeps the themes intact. Francesca Annis is the perfect Lady M.