PDA

View Full Version : How funny life is

Stanislaw
12-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Has anyone noticed how funny life is if yopu step back and look at it.

I mean our culture, we are a bunch of wacko's fighting eachother for, living our entire life in the pursuit of, and dying because of piced of rock and tree.(money).

It is really quite absurd. since the value of these items are completely arbitrary.

Koa
12-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Ouch...that's rather true.

What I think is that nothing make sense, the only thing we're here for is those little, rare, short moments of joy. Then if we manage to build something bigger out of it, the much better...
Call me materialistic...

Vanitas vanitatum et omnis vanitate.
(or whatever...I've quite proudly forgot latin)

Stanislaw
12-07-2003, 01:39 AM
I have a question/storey.

While I was walking downtown in my home city, I was just wasting time, looking around and the like and i noticed a huge office tower. I looked at it for a moment and thought, what are the people in their really doing. I mean they are doing work, but what. They all can't be doing something that effects the operation of the company, so what is it that they are paid to do. I then realised that many jobs are like that.

When I shared this with my family, they thought I was kinda weird.

Phineas
12-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Stanislaw
Has anyone noticed how funny life is if yopu step back and look at it.

I mean our culture, we are a bunch of wacko's fighting eachother for, living our entire life in the pursuit of, and dying because of piced of rock and tree.(money).

It is really quite absurd. since the value of these items are completely arbitrary.

piquant
12-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Ah, the laugh at life philosophy. A personal favorite. I recommend Steppenwolf for anyone who is an advocate of this philosphy. If its not hilariously funny, then it's incredibly depressing.

Azoic
12-09-2003, 03:26 AM
When you say funny, do you mean 'HAHA' funny? Funny like a clown? Funny how?

Stanislaw
12-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Funny haha, and funny crazy.

piquant
12-23-2003, 06:15 PM
HAHA funny because its funny crazy.

Stanislaw
12-25-2003, 01:11 AM
exactly!

IWilKikU
12-25-2003, 05:05 AM
have you ever thought about the difference between "haha" and "hoho"? I mean, their obviously different, because you never hear Santa saying "haha". And you never hear anyone tell Santa a man in a bar joke. So where does he get off using this damn "hoho"? "hehe" and "haha" can be used interchangably, but have you ever heard a natural "hoho" laugher? Not me!

piquant
01-02-2004, 04:18 PM
HoHo seems jolly and mirthful and pure (i.e. santa)

HeHe seems almost cackling and villianous.

HaHa seems like hollow, polite, fake laughter.

What does this leave for normal laughter?

azmuse
01-02-2004, 04:40 PM
george mcdonald, master fantasist ante tolkien referenced all he's, hu's, ho's, etc. in a Charming fairy tale...but not "normal laughter"...perhaps it's impossible to record linguistically, like one can't really cite a scent or taste, only how it makes you feel...