nicholasburrus
12-02-2003, 09:58 PM
As of 5:48 pm I had made 100 posts and only a member for 2 weeks 12/2/03

As of 8:22 pm I had made 150 posts and a member for 3 weeks on sunday 12/5/03

As of 8:47 am I now herby have 200 posts on 12/9/03

Average of 50 posts a week!!

a lonely weed
12-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Bravo! that really is quite an acomplishment. I've been a member for only a few days, and I think I've only posted two or three times.

Then again I am terrible with computers and think the internet is another pit of satan, not literaly of course.

Stanislaw
12-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Computers are satan. They were invented by baby eating commies... :p

Good Job Nic!

nicholasburrus
12-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks

a lonely weed
12-02-2003, 11:14 PM
baby eating commies?
i doubt i'll ever understand any of it.:(

congrats again to you for the big 100.:D

nicholasburrus
12-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Thank all

Koa
12-05-2003, 05:33 PM
That's cool...I always like it when someone is more talkative than me, cos believe it or not, it's not common... tho many people here do post more than me.

nicholasburrus
12-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Not many you got 436 Koa

nicholasburrus
12-06-2003, 12:37 AM
I have 150 as of 8:22 oh now 151

fayefaye
12-06-2003, 12:41 AM
i'm so far ahead of you it's not even funny. :) congrats.

nicholasburrus
12-06-2003, 01:25 AM
I'll catch up if i can

GOOD LUCK

sloegin
12-06-2003, 05:28 AM
Why don't you go read The World as Will and Representation (both volumes) and Naked Lunch, instead of posting.

Demona
12-06-2003, 08:13 PM
what is the point in posting if one is posting crap?
grow up...quantity should change into quality at some point... (perhaps it is not the best expression...word for word translation rather...but the point is clear, I hope)

nicholasburrus
12-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Thank and no I read enough at El Diamante High

IWilKikU
12-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Ahh...This thread merely proves my theory that the only reason that you are here is to see how many posts you can generate. Nic, no offence but Demona hit it right on the nose. I read one thread that you started in the Book request section, that had 17 posts, mostly by you. Thats right I said THE BOOK REQUEST FORUM. This is a forum where you drop the admin a line saying "gee it would be great if you had ______ by ______. If you read one there that reflects your sentaments, you respond with a resounding "here here!" You posted a single reply thanking every single person for their response. Than when the thread died down, you posted four responses in a row that were 100% irrelevent. Things like "Hi." And "How are you?" and "I'm fine." NO ONE WANTS TO READ A POST CONSISTING OF YOU TALKING TO YOURSELF! I'm all for people getting into lit young, but if you dont have somthing worthwhile to say, just shut up until you do. I do remember you saying one or two things worthwhile, and I appreciated them. But that many pointless posts gets on peoples nerves. Also, change your sig. No one is impressed that your only fourteen. You don't say hardly a thing thats any more remarkable than any other semi-intelligent fourteen year old. If you want people to respect you, wait until someone says somthing that you know somthing about, and respond intelligently. If people are talking about somthing you dont know about, or havn't read, learn from them. Ask questions. Thats what this site is for. Its not a pissing contest! Oh yeah, like I said before, no offence.

Koa
12-13-2003, 07:27 AM
Ehm...are we talking of signatures again, Iwilkiku? ;) ;) ;)

And yes, Nic's signature makes me feel old :( ...and not even too wise :D

Jay
12-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Ehm, IWillKikU... if you gonna tolerate our MARKING thread (which is mostly about pissing contests btw), I agree, playing a schizo might be fun for a while, but not for too long.

lol, talking about signatures, Koa, I believe a lot of guys told you so, your sig is GREAT ;).

IWilKikU
12-13-2003, 07:11 PM
ah yes, the MARKING thread, I was going to say somthing about that, but than I thought that the best way to object to people marking for markings sake was simply not to mark.
With as much support as I gave to the unpopular 'support our troops' sig, I guess I have no place to critisize there. All I'm doing is trying to help the young burres not annoy people, which he obviously IS concerned about (see thread, 'do you hate me?'). But far be it from me to tell people what they can and cant put in their sigs.

Jay
12-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Agreed about the sig part, but let us have some fun, will ya man? You know, if we're gonna all be so damned intelligent, it would be dull here in a while... and about the post numbers... I don't give a damn, but sometimes it looks nice, looking at my number and thinking at least if it's not all the quallity, there might be something intelligent hidden in the number of posts I posted, if I haven't posted, I wouldn't have said something someone might by any chance find a little intelligent

and please, don't go making a great deal out of my most recent posts, for my defence, I do am beat and tired...

azmuse
12-14-2003, 04:20 AM
have to agree with you there jay, i think we display sines of intelligent life somtimes, perhaps other beings are browsing this site in aw even now
or maybe their just packing up and planning they're next move :)

Jay
12-14-2003, 07:12 AM
lol, or planning to start marking too ;)

IWilKikU
12-14-2003, 08:22 AM
Ok, a synopsis of my point:

If I look at somones number of posts and see 611, I'm going to think, hey that guy is an active member on an intelligent forum. If I start reading his posts and realize that it looks like the only reason he posts is to get noticed, as is the case with nic, I'm going to throw any respect that I had for his intellect out the window. The reason I get so annoyed with nic is because 9/10 his posts have no point! Its like he takes a look at Abs, and Faye, and you, and sees lots of posts and thinks, 'Gee if I want them to like me I had better post like a bat out of hell!' So he posts and posts and posts, wether he has somthing to say or not. People who contribute alot to the site like Abs, faye, and you, have earned the right to goof off a little without people getting severly annoyed. If you look at Abs's posts, probably a good 850+ are intelligent, on topic things. So when he posts 'hey look everyone I have 1111 posts! Yay for me!' Its easy to say 'congratulations Abs, thanx for saying so many quality things that the rest of us can learn from and debate.' When nic says 'Yay! I'm posting 50 posts a week! Maybe about 6 of them are relevent!' I tend to roll my eyes. But contrary to popular belief, I'm not dead set against having any fun. Just try to bestow a little insight amongst it.

Jay
12-14-2003, 08:28 AM
OK, excuse my ehm, dumbness earlier, now I get your point, and agree, even though :o it's 612 by now ;), and same goes for me btw, one doesn't have to have five digit post number to be considered intelligent, you with your 140 are a lot smart in my book even though you don't post like it's life-essential. I like being around people who can disagree with each other and still have respect for huh, each other. Ok, stuck in grammar... sorry.

subterranean
12-15-2003, 01:00 AM
I used to be actived in this forum where i got around 1200 posts there, and my statistic is higher than yours. But i learned that half of them were craps :(, though I'm not the only one who like to post craps :). I'm new in this forum and believe me, posting craps are the last thing I wanna do

Jay
12-15-2003, 05:20 AM
Welcome Sub, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun as well as some new stuff to think about here...