PDA

View Full Version : heeeelpppp :(

baby_d0ll
07-25-2006, 08:53 AM
:lol: Hey im doing an assignment on Taming of the shrew, the question is to write the comparison of taming of the shrew & 10 things i hate about you.. it involves the techniques, the settings, differences & similarities, also other important information that involves it.. i would love it if i could get a bit of help with it because i find it rather difficult.. :rage: Thankzzzz x!

Jesourirai
07-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Haha I did this one! I have to admit I hate the movie but I prefer the it’s characters to that of those in The Taming of the Shrew. What I would suggest though would be to anylize Heath Ledger's character and that of and don't compare them to each other but compare how the characters were viewed by the two very different generations that enjoyed this saga and focus on how it was adapted for the 20th century. Also focus on how (in the film) they portrayed Kate as being the freethinking, liberated, misunderstood heroine as opposed to the cantankerous, brash female Shakespeare had created.
The movie was obviously made to target the frustrated teen crowd. Something that is easy to see through the character of Bianca, who, instead of being the ideal, attractive, sweet, submissive female, was portrayed as the stereotype, goody-two-shoes younger sister.

But that's just my opinion. Hope I've been of some help.

mono
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Hello, baby_doll, welcome to the forum. :)
Another student seeking help began a similar thread, and received some worthy comments that I think would help you. Just visit this thread (http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13496), and, if you have more questions, I can certainly help.
Good luck! ;)

baby_d0ll
07-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Thank y0uz s00 much f0r all the help! was al0t of help.. thankz heaps agen xx! =]]]

xultraunderx
08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
hey i kno hu u r ..... ure in mr kemps english class ???