PDA

View Full Version : question!!

persuaded
07-17-2006, 03:38 AM
hello everyone i was reading "persuasion" and when they are at Barton Park and they're all teasing Elinor about Edward (chapter XVIII) and something about his name beginning with an "F". im not english so i was wondering what does this mean?is it a common-place or something??? :confused: :confused: am puzzled!!!

please if anyone knows let me know!!!!!!

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

AUNT JANE RULZ!!

Nightshade
07-17-2006, 03:43 AM
hello I have my copy open and I cant find what your referring to are you SURE it was ch 18??

Nightshade
07-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Wait a minute who is elinor and edward isnt that sense and sesnsibility???
yes it is ...
hummm no not sure I mean an F as in Fitz means the illigitimate son of whoever so Fitzwilliam is "son of william."

Mind you a note here that Ive always found odd Mr darcy in P&P is fitzwilliam but his prents were also definatly married the only possible conclusion ( espessially becasue of his cousins name is that that particular name had become a family name maybe the founding Darcy was a Fitz.

persuaded
07-17-2006, 05:06 AM
OOOPS u r right!!! :banana: am a giant banana-same intelligence:p
thnx so much so its a joke like saying edward was the son of someone not very well specified
?

Nightshade
07-18-2006, 02:24 AM
NO I read on didnt marriane send a letter saying Elenor was in love with a Mr. F___ thats whay=t they are referring to they want to know if edward is that MR F_____

persuaded
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
really?? that demonstrate im bloody stupid, i cant even remember what i read:p
ok thnx so much for ur explanations

Danika_Valin
07-18-2006, 11:02 AM
The book you are reading isn't Persuasion, it's Sense & Sensibility.

F= Ferrars. Edward Ferrars. The man that Elinor secretly loves.

persuaded
07-18-2006, 01:28 PM
YES I KNOW...I SUPPOSE IF YOU TELL ME ONCE I CAN GET IT
THNX ANYWAY... :goof: