PDA

View Full Version : Book Order Help

xmadnetx
07-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Is this the correct order of the books from Dumas?

1.The three musketeers,
2.Twenty Years After,
3.The Viscomte de Bragelonne,
4.Ten Years Later,
5.Louise de la Valliere,
6.The Man in the Iron Mask

Can I still understand well if I read The Three Musketeer then The Man in the Iron Mask?

cuz i read the Three Musketeer already and i just bought the The Man in the Iron Mask

i can wait to read iron mask book for later and read the book before it first thats if to understand it more.

Plz tell me the correct orde.

xmadnetx
07-03-2006, 06:22 PM
upz nrm....i found the answer
1. The Three Musketeers
2. Twenty Years After
3. The Vicomte de Bragelonne
4. Ten Years Later
5. Louise de la Valliere
6. The Man in the Iron Mask

i was right=}

xmadnetx
07-03-2006, 06:23 PM
But like can u still understand The Man in the Iron Mask if u only read The Three Musketeer??

cme
09-01-2006, 08:42 PM
The correct order is:

The Three Musketeers
Twenty Years After
The Vicomte de Bragelonne
Louise De La Valliere
The Man in the Iron Mask

The last three are actually the three volumes of Ten Years Later.

I would recommend the Oxford World Classics editions but then I'm dorky enough to enjoy reading the footnotes at the back!

lordoftheview
05-20-2007, 07:04 AM
I would not recommend reading the stories out of order. A LOT of time takes place between the books, so you will miss most of the character development.

nps_marina
05-20-2007, 08:45 AM
LOL, cme!
I also have some Oxford Editions... they might be more expensive than Penguin Paperback Classics (whch are ok if you don't care about blasting your eyesight straight into oblivion)... but certainly! One of the firt things I always do is sticking a post-it on the first page of the footnotes, so I can flip back and forth more comfortably!

And I read in the train- so don't worry about it!
As a matter of fact, whenever I'm reading an Oxford in the train, I suspect the people around me probablu think I'm the worst kind of reader, who can't simply enjoy the book in an orderly fashion, and has to jump straight to the end!

*rolls eyes at self*