fayefaye
11-28-2003, 01:12 AM
1. hold conversations with yourself in a crowded elevator
2. find out just how many ways there really ARE to skin a cat
3. cram tiny marshmallows up your nose then try to sneeze them out
4. buy expensive designer clothes, sweat in them, and return them the next day
5. see how far you can drive in reverse
6. when you answer the phone, ask to speak to someone else
7. order pizza. when u do so, change your accent every five seconds. an amusing combination is irish-pakistani-scottish-pirate-australian-english (but remember to use the word guv'ner)
8. reply to faye's posts.

Jay
11-28-2003, 02:00 PM
what posts??? ;)

piquant
11-28-2003, 02:06 PM
1) Go on a vagrant vacation. (i.e. don't pay for hotels, sleep in university libraries on your way to wherever you're going. Sleep in homeless shelters. Eat in soup kitchens.)

2) Ask total strangers that you run into on dates.

3) Dress in clothes that completely clash. My favorite combo--topical floral, vertical pin-stripes, polka dots, and thick horizontal stipes.

4) Sit someplace where there are a lot of people and watch them and eveas drop on their conversations. Bring a book for cover.

5) Get in your car and start driving in a direction you have never gone before and see where you wind up. No, highways don't count. Back roads only.

6) Go to a bar and pretend to be someone else (a personal favorite).

7) Wear a bathrobe around all day (have clothes underneath.)

8) Go jogging in a downpour at night wearing only shorts and a tanktop. Run in one direction until you honestly can't run anymore, till you're shaking and naucious. Completely ignore the fact that you have to run back.

9) Lay in the grass and fall into the sky. This does not count if you own the patch of grass.

10) Have a Carpe Diem day. Do exactly what you feel like doing. No matter what other people will think, or how crazy it is.

--Fayfaye, I love the guv'ner thing. How many of the things on your list have you done?

Jay
11-28-2003, 02:09 PM
like your point 10...

Stanislaw
11-28-2003, 02:43 PM
I also suggest eating a sandwhich made out of limburger, garlic and anchovies, then walk into an elevator and sing along with the music, do this untill security asks you to leave, this is the true meaning of fun.

Jay
11-28-2003, 02:46 PM
lol, singing with a garlic breath... call biohazard lab guys! :) What a way to torture people ;)

Stanislaw
11-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Torture is in the nose of the beholder.:D

Jay
11-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah, true. So all the people in the lift or elevator of what other names the thing has, are masochists...

Stanislaw
11-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Precisely

fayefaye
11-28-2003, 08:50 PM
yeah, i know I love to be around ppl singing with garlic breath. mmm-mmm.

Stanislaw
11-29-2003, 12:39 AM
Ahh, Who wouldn't, especially if they can harmonize with the instrumental to Stawberry Fields.

fayefaye
11-29-2003, 10:28 PM
I was, of course, being sarcastic.

Stanislaw
11-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Ohhh...

*realizes favorite hobby is quite sad*.

lol

imthefoolonthehill
11-29-2003, 10:33 PM
you know... I decided to do what I felt like all day long (within legal limits...)... I went to the principal's office twice that day... and as a direct result another time the next.

fayefaye
11-29-2003, 10:34 PM
LOL. Ok, so what did you do exactly?

imthefoolonthehill
11-29-2003, 10:38 PM
well... I called a teacher a "despotic *****", punched an idiot in the stomach, threw my backpack down these stairs that are outside... and accidently hit some kid I don't know...

I was generally disrespectful to all sorts of people... including the principal and my parents... I drove offensively... almost killing a pedestrian... I pushed to the front of lines, ignored people who protested, ignored the teacher's only sign on the room that held soooo much coffee... mmmm coffee. I played calculator games during math (space invaders)... I can't remember what else I did that day...

imthefoolonthehill
11-29-2003, 10:39 PM
oh... but I had a doctors excuse the next day... for mind altering medication... they seemed to buy it...

fayefaye
11-29-2003, 11:01 PM
LOL. I spent at least three consecutive periods of maths playing calculator games. Physics a lot too. Once I let my friend play, and she lost three months of my 'work' (ie my place in the game). It took me a week of math to make up for it. I would reaallly LOVE to call some of my teachers despotic ***** that sounds like tremendous fun. oh, and I always TRY to drive offensively, but usually my driving instructor grabs the wheel off me and spins it so the car is again facing the road. :) You sound almost like you experience remorse, fool.

piquant
11-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Fool, that is quite possibly the most beautiful story I have ever heard. I don't have the courage to go quite that far. Did you fake the excuse for the meds? If so, that is brilliant.

Physics, at least introductory physics, is quite possibly the most boring subject in the world. When I had physics I would print a Shakespearean sonnet off the computer, then go to class and try to write it with my right hand (I'm left handed). Not only did I learn to write with my other hand, and memorize reems of beautiful language, but I could still keep an ear on the professor so I could get a good grade in the course.

Perhaps the most beautiful thing about college is that professors completely ignore what you do during class, and they don't collect homework. Ahh...Freedom!

imthefoolonthehill
12-01-2003, 01:38 AM
FayeFaye... I took alot of crap for what I did... I would do it all over again though...

thanks you piquant. I did not fake the excuse.... I just used an older one. :-D

I am in introductory (high school) physics... I love the subject... the teacher MAKES it fun. Not only that... its pretty easy stuff as long as you don't get behind.

fayefaye
12-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Oh, please. You doing that makes you my hero! I'd love to have the courage to do stuff like that. Anything I've done has been on a much, much smaller scale. And, yeah, it sucks when you receive a lot of s*** for it, but the memories are worth it. I do high school physics too, and it's BORING. Of course, my teacher makes it boring. But I pull decent grades, so it's ok.

Stanislaw
12-01-2003, 11:44 PM
I don't think I could hit somebody, but call a teacher a b*t*h is something I have done. If somebody is being retarted, it should be pointed out.

imthefoolonthehill
12-02-2003, 12:07 AM
please don't get the impression that I am usually violent.

Stanislaw
12-02-2003, 12:11 AM
I don't get that impression, but you do have a lot of "guts".

imthefoolonthehill
12-02-2003, 12:14 AM
thanks... I just figure that in five years it won't matter if I got sent to the principal's office or not.

Stanislaw
12-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Not a bad philosophy.

imthefoolonthehill
12-02-2003, 12:18 AM
its a terrible philosophy that will get me nowhere in life...

I have the feeling you are posting just for the sake of having your name next to all of the threads.

Stanislaw
12-02-2003, 12:22 AM
Nope. I believe that if something is done for a purpose it is worth doing and that small problems in a small system won't affect life in its whole, it may be a bad philosophy, but I am tired of trying to please all.

imthefoolonthehill
12-02-2003, 12:23 AM
who isn't?... the only way to please everyone is to kill everyone who disagrees.

Stanislaw
12-02-2003, 12:25 AM
That is kinda like the bumper sticker, My personal favorite, Kill em all, let God sort em out.

All in all, that would reduce over population.

imthefoolonthehill
12-02-2003, 12:27 AM
so would suicide.

Stanislaw
12-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Homicide is more satisfactory.:D

imthefoolonthehill
12-02-2003, 12:32 AM
man... if we are going to be the only ones talking on this thing... we should either pm each our AOL or MSN instant messenger things....

or if you want we can talk over a game of chess at yahoo chess.

fayefaye
12-02-2003, 08:11 AM
I don't even remotely have the patience required for chess. Keep your little conversation going. Sometimes its interesting to read-like eavesdropping.

Jay
12-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Indeed Faye ;)

Stanislaw
12-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Eaves droppers hey. Just don't drop them on your foot. Lol

imthefoolonthehill
12-04-2003, 12:45 AM
lol... Chess doesn't require patience... ever play speed chess? Set up the board and give each player ten seconds to make each move....

Another fun thing to play is anarchy chess, where the king is worthless... last man standing wins!

By the way Stanislaw... since we never did get to finish that game... and since accepting that draw from you made my rating a point... and since I was totally wasting you... I demand a rematch :-D

fayefaye
12-04-2003, 06:31 AM
But usually it requires the patience I just don't have. Ever play checkers with cookies? that's fun-there are no losers. :)

imthefoolonthehill
12-04-2003, 10:56 PM
checkers with cookies... its good old fashined checkers with a twist of gambling.... Except no one would want to get a king.

Stanislaw
12-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I accept the challange, and apologize for my leave last game, I was going to resign, actually.
Speed chess is fun, another variation i like is to move the first piece one sees. Within leagal rule of course.

3-D chess is great.

imthefoolonthehill
12-07-2003, 07:02 PM
apology accepted. :-D

I always lose at speed chess :-(

3-d chess? uh... what is that?

Koa
12-08-2003, 10:38 AM
I can't play chess... Noone in my family can, and noone else ever taught me.

fayefaye
12-08-2003, 10:42 AM
well, it's easy, but definately not worth it.

Azoic
12-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Chess is a great game! And it's definately not easy. (well easy to learn, pretty much impossible to master) Like anything worth doing it takes practice and patience to get into it. Oh, and good teacher to make it fun, plus tolerance for being horribly destroyed for making a move you don't understand... wait, chess is definately a game for mental masochists.

Jay
12-09-2003, 11:08 AM
LOL Azoic :D

Stanislaw
12-09-2003, 10:50 PM
3-d chess? uh... what is that?

It is the chess that Kirk and spock played on the original startrek, I looked on the net for rules, and built myself a board it looks like this.

----
\
\ ----
\ /
\ / ----
\/ /
======

That is a rough sketch. There are also 2 new pices. They are mobile squares. there are two wite and two black squares, the move, and pices can sit on them as well.

imthefoolonthehill
12-10-2003, 01:27 AM
you see... thats why star trek is stupid.

Chess already has 10^120 different board combinations... more atoms than in the solar system...

fayefaye
12-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by imthefoolonthehill
you see... thats why star trek is stupid.

LOL!! :) ;) :D

Azoic
12-10-2003, 09:54 PM
LOL. Yeah, THAT's why Star Trek is stupid.

Stanislaw
12-10-2003, 10:38 PM
The game is great, it is incredibally odd, I love it.

Star Trek is great. Not the new one, but ds9 And back.

William Shatner sucks.

fayefaye
12-12-2003, 04:43 AM
I've never seen a single star trek/star wars in my life, and have no intention to. (prejudiced little thing, aren't I?) oh, fool: where did you get those figures from? 10^120 diff board combos? how do YOU know how many atoms are in the solar system?

imthefoolonthehill
12-19-2003, 01:24 AM
well, as far as board combinations, for the first move, white has 16 moves he could do with his pawns, and four he could move with his knights..... and it gets worse from there.

I got these numbers from www.howstuffworks.com

I haven't done the math for the chess combinations... and I don't intend to (it would drive normal people mad).

As for the atoms in the universe.... I don't know that either... its a best guess from scientists who have nothing better to do.

fayefaye
12-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah, but that's the thing about scientists who do something like that-they can be completely wrong and how would anyone know? Since nobody really cares anyway, they can just make up whatever statistics they like.

imthefoolonthehill
12-24-2003, 01:49 AM
that would be my ideal job.

fayefaye
12-24-2003, 05:27 AM
really? I'd like to do something in Science, but my parents'd never let me get away with it.

Koa
12-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Everytime I see the title of thie thread I wonder why would someone need ways to make their life surreal... isn't it surreal enough already??? (mine surely is).

Stanislaw
12-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Hmmm, some of us need to practice, others have no choice. Some of us need valium, some of us need restraints.

howstuffworks.com is an awesome websight, very informative.

IWilKikU
12-25-2003, 04:59 AM
you know whats sureal? Opium. Just ask Dali, Father of surealism

Koa
12-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Yes, opium would be interesting... And it's very 19th century style yay! :)

fayefaye
12-29-2003, 06:39 AM
The Sherlock Holmes character used opium. Makes me wonder just how in touch with reality that guy really was. Oh, anyone want to hear a bad joke, voted the funniest in England a coupla years ago?

Sherlock Holmes and Watson are out camping in their tent*. In the middle of the night, Sherlock wakes up Watson and points at the stars, saying, 'Watson, tell me what you can deduce from those stars.' To which Watson replies 'Well, there are some planets near some of those stars, possibly with the correct atmosphere and land to support life, similar to Earth.' Sherlock responds with 'Watson you idiot. Somebody's stolen our tent.'

ba-dum-bum-shhhh!!
*sharing a tent? Am I the only one who thinks Watson and Sherlock were more than friends? Watson was SOOOOO gay. I mean, he's married, but he spends all his time out, following this guy around on his adventures, and have you heard some of his descriptions of Sherlock? Waaayyyy too much admiration for a normal heterosexual guy. I haven't read all the Sherlock Holmes stories, but does Watson ever confess his true feelings? :D

piquant
12-29-2003, 05:17 PM
I think opium sounds great because of the opium den. I just imagine this opulent, decadent utpoia hidden in the dirty backstreets of london. Who else was a writer in did opium? I'm sure there has to be a ton. How do you all feel about using drugs to benefit creative work? I'm not sure, but then I think of what we would lose culturally without it--surrealism with no Dali?! Is that even possible?

Things to do whilst bored--post my 100th post! Yay! (OK, give me a break, I have no computer, and have to walk miles in blizzards to use the internet...uphill...) Truly, it's kind of sad that I only have 100 posts after being here for almost a year. I guess its cause I tend to disapear into the wilds where there aren't even libraries for months at a time. Ah, the life of the homeless!

Koa
12-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by fayefaye
The Sherlock Holmes character used opium. Makes me wonder just how in touch with reality that guy really was. Oh, anyone want to hear a bad joke, voted the funniest in England a coupla years ago?

Sherlock Holmes and Watson are out camping in their tent*. In the middle of the night, Sherlock wakes up Watson and points at the stars, saying, 'Watson, tell me what you can deduce from those stars.' To which Watson replies 'Well, there are some planets near some of those stars, possibly with the correct atmosphere and land to support life, similar to Earth.' Sherlock responds with 'Watson you idiot. Somebody's stolen our tent.'

ba-dum-bum-shhhh!!
*sharing a tent? Am I the only one who thinks Watson and Sherlock were more than friends? Watson was SOOOOO gay. I mean, he's married, but he spends all his time out, following this guy around on his adventures, and have you heard some of his descriptions of Sherlock? Waaayyyy too much admiration for a normal heterosexual guy. I haven't read all the Sherlock Holmes stories, but does Watson ever confess his true feelings? :D

LOL. I liked the joke :D

Do you mean that Watson is like Smithers for Mr. Burns? :D

piquant, I love to think of all those poets lost in artificial paradises à la Baudelaire. So wonderfully decadent...

imthefoolonthehill
12-30-2003, 04:42 AM
someone asked why we need to make our lives more surreal...

and someone said that some need practice whereas some can't escape it... or something like that...

it reminded me of: "Some people were born mediocre and some had mediocreness thrust upon them" Or something... was that Catch 22? (my copy is lent-out, or I would check myself)

piquant
12-30-2003, 04:41 PM
Some people are born great; some people become great; some people have greatness thrust upon them.--- Twelth Night, shakespeare. One of my favorite quotes. I would bet the reverse version with mediocre inserted is still in Catch-22, it seems like something that would be in there.

imthefoolonthehill
01-04-2004, 03:13 AM
you are right.... it says something like "Some people are born mediocre; some people become mediocre, and some people have mediocraty thrust upon them.

AbdoRinbo
01-04-2004, 04:03 AM