PDA

View Full Version : Help with Chekov

drkarycd
07-02-2006, 08:52 AM
There is a quote in one of Anton Chekov's works that goes something like this. . . "It's not the big tragidies in our lives that are hard to deal with, it's the everyday grind that wears you down." Does anyone know in what that is written so I can find the exact wording? Thanks,

MikeK
07-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I'll keep an eye out for that quote, since I'm always picking up my Chekhov collection and reading a story here or there when I have time. But I've got to say, aside from the specific quote you're thinking of, that sounds like a pretty good summation of Chekhov's works as a whole. That may be one of the best descriptions of one of the major currents running through all of his stories.

klinfinity
03-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I know you posted ages ago but I just saw your question and funny enough, I have a bookmark with a quote on it by Anton.
"Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day-to-day living that wears you out."

I don't know if this is a direct quote or not but I hope it helps.

willow9
03-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Hi. New to the board and in honesty I am posting on behalf of a friend. Anton Chekhov is a firm favourite of his and he is looking for One of his short stories ''The Steppe'' but he would like it in the Russian language as he is studying Russian.

Hope someone can help me

Thanks,
Irene