PDA

View Full Version : favorite quote.

imthefoolonthehill
11-25-2003, 03:16 AM
I used to get a sense of cynical pleasure reading everyone's favorite quotes... now I can't do that.... :(

List 'em. Humor me.

Isagel
11-26-2003, 05:21 AM
I hear and obey. Right now I like this one by Twain:

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there, lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stovelid. She will never sit down on a hot stovelid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one any more."

fayefaye
11-28-2003, 01:28 AM
' I hate the world. It batters much the wings of my self-will' -Keats
'A man without freedom cannot be conceived of except as of being without life'-tolstoy. [actually that's not quite right. but i can neither remember nor be bothered finding out the exact phrase]
ah, i'm tired of literature quotes. here are some of my fave non-lit quotes:

'bart! i need your fingerprints on a candlestick. meet me in the observatory. everything's gonna be oooookkay'

'i'm bored.'
'why don't you read a book?'
because i'm trying to reduce my boredom' (that isn't actually one of my fave quotes, i just get a thrill from putting it up in a literature forum)-simpsons

'can you do me a favour? can you shut the hell up?'-seinfeld. (LOVE that one :))

'you're better than normal.you're abnormal' -futurama

well, i could go on.. but i won't.

Stanislaw
11-29-2003, 04:53 PM
'Every time i see something fly across a room and latch onto someones neck and then the guy starts running around screaming for help, i have to laugh because what is that thing"

"I wish aliens would come and invade this planet and turn us into slaves, I always wanted one of those little beds, that pets have, with my name above it."

Those were By Jack Handey.

"Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather restraints"

"I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I am really quite bussy"
By anonomous

imthefoolonthehill
11-29-2003, 10:43 PM
THANKS ADMIN!!!!!!

I (heart) admin for bringing back the favorite quote forum.... don't post in here... post in there... thx!