PDA

View Full Version : ROMEO&&ROASALINE-help!

----
06-10-2006, 10:48 PM
what would romeo say to rosaline in a letter, someone he is convinced hes going to love forever and wont return his love? can someone help me on specific ideas on what he would say please

mono
06-11-2006, 04:03 PM
What an imaginative assignment! :nod:
If I remember correctly, I do not think Romeo and Rosaline seemed necessarily betrothed, but everyone appeared aware and knowledgeable of Romeo's infatuation with Rosaline - I say infatuation because Romeo, to me, has always seemed rather immature and easily swayed, especially when his fast love for Juliet magically appears.
Though I could certainly have fun with this assignment, claiming Romeo would send a typical letter of "sorry, something came up, I hope we can still be friends," and so on, but I will write something more serious.
Romeo would, no doubt, never disclose the identity of his new love, since the Montagues and Capulets incessantly seemed in civil war, but he would likely tell all honesty that he had fallen in love, will continue to praise Rosaline's proclaimed virtue and beauty, but remain firm that their relationship could proceed no further, due to his great love for someone anonymous.
I also doubt that Romeo would appear rude or boastful of his situation, never saying that "I have found someone better" or "I no longer need you," but perhaps something more along the lines that he has found happiness with another, and never insult Rosaline's being.

----
06-11-2006, 04:46 PM
thank you so much