PDA

View Full Version : Question?

May*
06-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi every body,

I just have a smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal question: Did Henry decide to invade France, because of the provicative gift " Treasure " of the Daughin? :goof:

Llawen
06-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't think he really did.

Asa Adams
06-20-2006, 10:15 PM
wow....i need to do some reshearch i think... :goof:

davefirewalker
09-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Henry invaded france because of his belief and his council's
that the throne of france belonged to him.

Dave

byquist
09-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Ya mean the tennis balls that insulted him? Maybe he had a lousy backhand and it got him mad.

On the other hand, his Dad in HIV,II told him that the only way to keep the country from more civil wars was to unite everyone around a foreign enemy, France being the nearby prize. His Dad died happy of natural causes or maybe longstanding war wounds giving this advice, but it underestimated the power of Joan of Arc and no way was France going to relent to British rule for very long.

Thorwench
10-01-2006, 05:38 AM
The Kings of England after 1066 (Norman Conquest) until Henry VIII have always held themselves to be the rightful kings of France as well this had to do with the fact that their possessed large areas of land in what is now France and saw themselves as heirs of the French Crown (France then had the size of the greater Paris area of today; the rest was called Normandie, Aquitaine etc.). Henry V. always wanted to be king of France which meant more to him than the kingship of England. He saw it as is raison d'etre to return to his realm what belonged to it by birthright. Anything else is folklore.

Gwenhwyfar2828
10-13-2006, 02:50 PM
in my opinion, it was just an excuse, fuel to the fire. the dauphin & henry really didn't like each other (the dauphin constantly notes Harrys 'youth and vanity' owing to his behaviour in Henry fourth)

Canterbury and Ely are who ever so slighty corrupt priests (*gosh*) who realise that if they don't get henry to 'claim his right' of france he may turn his attention to the fact they've got more money than him *g*

inan aksu
01-17-2008, 10:10 AM
we shouldn't forget the effects of the archbishop of canterbury on henry V while talking about the invasion of france.Henry thinks that it is his right to be the king of france. And dauphin's gift can only be a reason for his anger.

CoNcLuSiOn
03-22-2008, 10:02 AM

CoNcLuSiOn
03-23-2008, 10:32 AM
we shouldn't forget the effects of the archbishop of canterbury on henry V while talking about the invasion of france.Henry thinks that it is his right to be the king of france. And dauphin's gift can only be a reason for his anger.

no,I don't think so!neither the effects of archbishop nor his anger can be the reason,he was a destructive person and had no sense.