PDA

View Full Version : hero?

purple_balloons
05-30-2006, 02:30 AM
i am doing a drama assignment, and i need a good character description of hero.
does anyone hav anything useful?

Gwenhwyfar2828
10-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, (in my opinion) Hero is the very definition of a 'good girl' throughout the entire play, especially if you compare her to the flighty Beatrice. She...
* follows her fathers direction in everything <~ typical biddable elizabethian woman (see ophelia for similarity)
* is often innocently childlike (see the 'trapping' of benedick & beatrice)
And most importantly, gains the moral high ground on Claudio in the end, showing herself as really quite grown up ('And when I lived, I was your other wife')

ali_plum
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
i need to describe heros character if you have any information let me know PLLLEASSEEE :yawnb:

byquist
11-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Yea, she's spunky and very much a part of that trick on Beatrice; maybe she instigated it. That's a streak of wildness and originality.

Heather_1816
01-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Hero can be interpreted as possibly two different personalities.

Either - She's a 'good girl' who is always striving to be the kind of daughter her father wants her to be. She's young, naiive and immediately falls for the handsome Claudio even though she has known him for barely a few days. Though she knows she is innocent she is weak in defending herself and depends upon others to prove her innocence.

Or - She's a independant young woman who knows her place but wants more excitement in her life, hence the eagerness to match her cousin Beatrice with Benedick. She appears to be quiet and withdrawn but has the potential to be strong and make herself heard.

Either of these two interpretations could describe Hero, it depends a lot on your impression of her when you read the text.

Genius!
05-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Hello purple_baloons.

- She's very quiet.

- She's a reserved character, not like a table at dinner though.

- She keeps herself to herself.

- She's gentle.

- Shes a typical example of courtly love.

- Ther's like a mischeivious side to her, her setting up with Beatrice brings this out.

- She's also quite frale, doesn't stand up for herself.

LANGUAGE.

- Majestic style of language, everyone listens to her, proving her social class.

- A certain dignity to her language, she doesn't involve herself in the style used by Beatrice or Benedict.

- An example of what a woman should be like in Shakespearian times.

- Courtly Love is a key element in her character.

- Being a virgin excels her innocence and vulnerability.

Hope it can help, love from Rene.
:)

shakespeare87
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
She is the exact opposite of her cousin, and best friend, Beatrice.