PDA

View Full Version : Some Clarification

Admin
05-29-2006, 09:08 AM
I have been receiving PMs from some members indicating that they are sorry if they did anything wrong and that they are worried I am mad at them. So I wish to clarify my previous comments and elaborate who exactly I was speaking to when I said them.

When I say for instance that you have no free speech. I am directing it to the people who think that they have the right to continually disobey the moderators and the rules and continue to post things we do not allow.

When I say your opinions do not matter. I am directing it to the people who repeatedly question authority and express contempt for the rules.

When I say I don't care about you, and I will not miss you. I'm speaking to the people who have delusions of grandeur and think that the rules do not apply to them because I would never dare ban such a popular/active/smart member.

What most of you members do not know is that there has been a rash of misbehaving recently on a part of a few and when I posted it was in reaction to all of that. The moderators try to be patient and understanding but people take advantage of that fact and I am quite protective of my moderators so when I have to step in it will always be with decisive action.

So for those who took what I said the wrong way, the loyal good members who thought I was deserting them. I'm sorry. It was really just directed at those who have now been banned.

Also, as per my motivations, everything I do is what I feel is best for the long term health of this forum.

I am not motivated by religious beliefs. This trouble started in the religious sections and if you asked me which members were Christian, Muslin, Atheist, Buddhist, etc, I couldn't tell you. I don't even know what the arguments were about, I don't have the time to keep up on every thread in this forum. The bannings were not in reaction to any individual's beliefs, merely as a result of them breaking rules.

Likewise, it is not out of anger. Almost all of the time I dedicate to this forum is taken up by behind the scenes things. I don't get to know most members and as such I do not have an opinion against them one way or another. My actions were clouded by neither anger, nor pity, nor friendship. All I know is what the people did, and how many times in the past they have broken rules (my mods keep me up to date on that info), so I acted on such information.

I also want to reiterate our rules about self promotion, or self promotion by proxy. You are not to promote, or promote on someone's behalf, your own business or website. Especially any such business or website that competes with this one. You should do this out of respect, you wouldn't go into McDonalds and hand our Burger King coupons would you? However, to those who do not respect this forum and would try to leech off of it consider this your warning.