PDA

View Full Version : Asalam Alykum all

miss tenderness
05-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Asalam alykum(peace be upon you)

These are some QUOTS from prophet Mohammd ,pbuh, sayings . I wish if you (brothers and sisters) continue adding if you have some (hope you will just stick to Bokhari's and Moslem's, or any trustworthy source). This will be a reminder for us as well as an exposition for our Islamic belief. Plz do not close this thread.
"The greatest crimes are to associate another with God, vex your father and mother, to murder your own species, to commit suicide, and to swear to a lie"

"God is not merciful to him who is not merciful to mankind"

'God's kindness towards His creatures is more than a mother's towards her baby"

"If the unbeliever knew of the extent of the Lord's Mercy, even he would not despair of Paradise"

"Ye will not enter Paradise until ye have faith, and ye will not complete your faith until ye love one another"

"Hell is veiled in delights and Heaven in hardships and miseries"

"That person will not enter Paradise who hath one atom of pride in his heart"

"There are three persons who will not enter Paradise: A habitual drunkard, one who cuts off blood-ties and one who believes in sorcery."

"Charity is a duty unto every Muslim. He who hath not the means thereto, let him do a good act or abstain from an evil one-that is his charity"

"Doing justice between two people is charity; and assisting a man upon his beast and lifting his baggage is charity; and pure, comforting words are charity; and answering a questioner with mildness is charity; and removing that which is an inconvenience to wayfarers, such as thorns and stones, is charity.

"God is Gracious to him that earneth his living by his own labour and not by begging"

"Every good act is a charity; and verily, it's one of the numbers of good acts to meet your brother with an open countenance, and to pour water from your own bag into his vessel."

"The best Muslim house is that which is an orphan who is benefited; and the worst Muslim house is that in which an orphan ill-treated.

"The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman."

"God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters and aunts"

miss tenderness
05-26-2006, 03:59 PM
completion:

"He who wisheth to enter Paradise through the best door must please his father and mother"

"All Muslims are as one body. If a man complainth of pain in his head, his whole body feeleth the pain, and if his eye pains his whole body feeleth the pain"
"No man is a true believer unless he desire for his brother that which he desire for himself"

"When two Muslims meet and shake hands and praise Allah and seek forgiveness of Him both are forgiven"

"It is the sunnah that a man should accompany his guest to the door of the house"

"Abu Hurairah relates that the Holy Prophet never spoke ill a meal; if he liked it he ate it; and if he did not like it he left it (untouched)"

"It is not right for a guest to stay so long as to cause inconvenience to his host"

"Humility and courtesty are acts of piety"

"Whoever is humble to men for God's sake, may God exalt his eminence"

"Who is the most favoured of God? He from whom the greatest good cometh to His creatures"

"Poverty is my pride"

"Verily my heart is veiled with grief and sadness for my followers; and verily I ask pardon of God one hundred times daily"

"Give me advice" said someone .Muhammad said:" be not angry"

"Do not wear silk or silk brocade, and do not drink in vessels of gold and silver, and do not eat in bowls made of them; for they are for others in life and for us in the next"

"Ye followers of Muhammad I swear by god there is nothing which God so abhors as his male and female servants committing adultery"

"An hour's contemplation is better than a year's adoration"

"The acquisition of knowledge is a duty incumbent on every Muslim, male or female"

"Do not adulate me, as the Christians adulated the son of Maryam. I am a slave, call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger."said by Prophet Mohemmed,peace an blessings be upon him

miss tenderness
05-30-2006, 04:26 PM
When writing this post my intention was fully directed towards creating means of understanding. It was not for preaching sake or converting others for if someone has such desires there are some places to offer theses services. Most people rely on media to get their information about many facts in life. If I want to know about anything I run to its people-real people. Strikingly enough I find most of Christians I spoke with are not, even partially, aware of the Islam and its concept. That does not mean that all are, but many Christians also have the full understanding of Islam. Many will go like Is this true? When told that Muslim believe in the same prophets with exactly the same names, this is an evident from this man story *. ever heard of this verse in the holy Quran that says that the most closest people for Muslims are those who call themselves Christians, for there amongst them priests and monks who are humble (accepting truth when finding it) personally what I see now that most of those who accept Islam are the most religious Christian people because once they get acquainted to real Islam they feel that it's a message of the same ideal that Christianity came with but with a more idea of the perfection of God. Two of my young friends were having tendency towards being priests before reverting to Islam and that speaks the truthness of that verse, regardless of the many old in preaching field. Islam has given a great space for the Virgin Mary; one surah consisting of 98 verses is dedicated to her and her story. Telling about her grand background and how virtuous and pious she was. Prophet Jesus, pbuh, is also given one of the biggest explanations in the Quran and in the sayings of Prophet Mohammed, pbuh. Islam does not deny Christianity as a heavenly religion. The same applies on was Judaism. We believe that those two religions along with Islam are the three heavenly religions that came from the same God. Most importantly, is that how Islam sees the contemporary Christianity. Christianity has been changed and its people have gone to the extreme with their belief in Jesus, pbuh, taking him as son of God .For us, God is one, as the way God is likely to be. God having son is just an imperfection for His greatness.

Scheherazade
05-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Miss Tenderness, those who would like to find out more about Islam will ask their questions in related threads.