PDA

View Full Version : Man versus State

Eagleheart
05-12-2006, 03:16 AM
No need to give explanations where the inspiration of this Thread came from...Why I despise the state? I will push myself towards some efforts to sound logical and reasonable though I consider the question more a humanistic one /but I guess the term has been already been abandoned in favour of "idle idealism"/...It is that we are more treated as ELEMENTS of a big...manipulated system where the general principle is -be sure not engage in any additional thinking or manifestation of will,we will insure you well-being, patient and humble-We are no more individualities...The big archive has our names in it...

Regit
05-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Well, we can argue this in the loose (humanistic) terms you propose, but it will almost definitely touch current politics, which is not allowed. So, since this is the philosophy literature room, I propose we first dicuss what the state is, in philosophic terms. So, Eagle, what do you think the state is?

Eagleheart
05-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Unnatural conspiration of the The Miller...if you ask me...I am not convinced with the official version ...that we all know...about the existence of the state ...-The guaranteed welfare...by the enlightened...And do not interpret my words incorrectly...I am not refering to The Miller as "Some outside Evil forces" behind the old conspiracy...In my view it is rather the condition of mind...How do I explain the ocurrence of the state-certainly evolving from the principles that govern our existence-materialized thoughts.../understand those of man/-So after all what is the state ...-man's weakness...disorders and alienation from the initial source...voracity...and unnatural forces of the Miller ...In philosophical terms/as you requested/...actually the genuine explanation/politics is the refined way to look on one's disorders/...the state proclaims its purposes as noble/today even such hypocrisy has disappeared-at least for some consolation/...but in his nature man does not need the state...To sum up/The question was what the state is/-materialized mental disorder/in this respect -a manifestation of the Miller

Union Jack
05-13-2006, 02:13 PM
"A state is an organized political community, occupying a territory, and possessing internal and external sovereignty, that enforces a monopoly on the use of force."

That is the definition wikipedia.com gives. I think it is pretty accurate.

Eagleheart
05-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Yes,Unoin Jack, We all know WHO is served by the Definitions...

Union Jack
05-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Yes,Unoin Jack, We all know WHO is served by the Definitions...
Alright, I'll ask, who exactly is served by this definition?