PDA

View Full Version : SLAM Book

Pensive
04-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Smashing Lovely And Magnificient Book

SLAM Book is a way to get to know others better. You should try to answer all these questions but if you can't answer some, it is also alright.

~ What is your date of birth and age?
~ Where do you live right now?
~ How many siblings do/did you have?
~ What are your interests?
~ Who is your favourite author?
~ Which is your favourite book?
~ How do you define love?
~ Did you ever love someone?
~ Do you have a lot of friends?
~ What do you think life is?
~ Which is your favourite colour?
~ What type of dress do you like to wear?
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most?
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think?
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then?
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood?
~ What do you think about me?

I stole the idea from my cousin. She said that it is a way to get to know off others better. Please try to be as honest as you can! So everyone please also introduce yourself in here! :D

Nightshade
04-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Is that what its called Ive alway sthought they were called Salam books as in hello and good bye?
:D :lol:

ElizabethSewall
04-26-2006, 09:49 AM
~ What is your date of birth and age? 08/21/1985
~ Where do you live right now? France.
~ How many siblings do/did you have? Two older brothers.
~ What are your interests? Reading, writing, dancing, singing, walking, sewing and...daydreaming. :D
~ Who is your favourite author? William Shakespeare.
~ Which is your favourite book? La Nuit des Temps (aka The Ice People) by René Barjavel.
~ How do you define love? With a smile... Tightly embraced...
~ Did you ever love someone? Yes.
~ Do you have a lot of friends? Not that much but loyal, or so I hope. :p
~ What do you think life is? Endless possibilities.
~ Which is your favourite colour? Pale blue, color of the sky on a Spring day.
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? All! :D But let's say Victorian type (I like corsets) and sun dresses.
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? My diploma, new books and travels for free.
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? So they say but I usually sing for myself.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? I guess it depends of my mood. Today? "Your song", Ewan McGregor.
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? No, silent and sweet. But my brothers... :rage:
~ What do you think about me? Nice girl, full of life and amazingly clever.

Pensive
04-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Is that what its called Ive alway sthought they were called Salam books as in hello and good bye?

Hehe, nut it is SLAM not Salam. Well it might have some relationship with Salam. :)

Reading, writing, dancing, singing, walking, sewing and...daydreaming

Dear Elizabeth, many of us (Literature freaks) share your interest "day-dreaming" in a way. That is something which is found common in bookworms. :D

Nice girl, full of life and amazingly clever.

:blush:

Sweet Elizabeth knows how to make one happy. :blush:

Bandini
04-26-2006, 11:54 AM
- Im 34 - a Gemini
- UK
- pubs, ... er...mainly pubs
- I want two - Shakespeare and Bukowski.
- I don't have a clear 'favourite', 'horses for courses and all that' - if I could only have one book it would be 'The Complete Works...' of course.
- depends on who you're in love with - and a million other variables!
- Romantic love? Yes - I love Sarah, who I am with now. I have been 'in love' several times before. All very different experiences - some perhaps closer to lust, some closer to need, some closer to crazy. This is much more pleasant!
- I used to have - settled down and so it's more quality over quantity now
- I can't answer that here - I like Elizabeth's answer (see above)
- to wear? Black - but not exclusively
- hmmm - lots. I like clothes. At moment - wearing a pair of big, wafty flared cords, an Olive green sventies style short sleeved shirt (by Original Penguin, if you care - half price in sale) and a pair of s****y Gola trainers, which I regret buying (another sale buy, but cheap don't always mean a bargain!), but they'll do - and you can't really see em under me flares.
- I don't wish for anything material - but if you insist: a bigger house with better garden, a super amazing stereo, a huge CD collection - mine was depleted a few years ago (see question on love) and wasn't that big anyway. I would love thousands. And I know I should MP3 download.
- Certain songs - I'm not technically brilliant, but got a certain something, you know! Have sung in bands briefly. Which might tell you everything you need to know. Particularly the briefly bit.
- Had ' She Don't Use Jelly' by The Flaming Lips in my head all day today.
- more mischievous than naughty - I wasn't malicious, but I got in my fair share of bother as a kid. My teenage years where a little...er...chaotic shall we say!
- I don't really know - looking at Elizabeth's for inspiration - you seem a nice girl.
-

IrishCanadian
04-26-2006, 12:28 PM
June 27th, '87 ... so I'm 18
In universityville (U of Waterllo) Canada, but soon I'll be in homeville
I'm the sixth of seven children. I have a great family
Dancing, reading, writing, learning, performing.
Thats a toughy, ... Yeats?
Thats a toughy too, ... The Old Man and the Sea?
I'd be glad to write an essay ...
Yes
I like the think so.
A test and a chance.
Green
I think a kilt is the closest thing I'll wear to a dress.
a licence, a car, and, gee its tough to think of materialistic things.
I like to, I don't think I can, my friends are just nice though.
Either church songs or Frank Senatra
I went through phases of being really bad and good
Pensive? Your one of the highlites of the forum!

Themis
04-26-2006, 01:10 PM
17th of May, 1985 - I'm 20.
Vienna
I like to write, read and take silly pictures
My No1 changes every few months but my favorites include H. Hesse, A. Pérez-Reverte and Shakespeare
The „Iliad“
An inability to imagine separation
Yes
Few but close ones
A trojan horse
Blue
I have no idea. I wear any kind of dress as long as it really is a dress per se
A house in South Tirol, money (so I can buy said house) and money (so I can afford to live in said house)
Let‘s say I could sing if my voice was trained in any way, since it‘s not I can ... not so much sing as scream. I can do that very loudly, got a great voice volume. My friends have no idea since I would never sing in front of them.
Whichever comes to mind.
No
I like you :D

Chava
04-26-2006, 02:46 PM
What is your date of birth and age? 04/08/88 which makes me 17
Where do you live right now? In Denmark with my mom, when i live with my dad, it's in Indonesia
How many siblings do/did you have? have one little brother, who is much loved!
What are your interests? Art, Politics, READING, Writing, DANCING, Active sports.. many things!
Who is your favourite author? I dislike these questions. currently? Jan Guilou.
Which is your favourite book? The great Gatsby
How do you define love? I just do
Did you ever love someone? I still Do
Do you have a lot of friends? I have to many aquaintances
What do you think life is? an intruiguing optimistic thing which i love to explore
Which is your favourite colour? blue or red
What type of dress do you like to wear? I don't wear dresses, but usually casual second hand stuff i can buy in our local red cross. I've been described as artsy.
Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? My IB diploma, money so that i could travel the world, the books in the local library.. (or at least a decent selection of them) (and maybe more wall space to keep the books on)
Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? eh. no. I don't think so. My friends are very honest...
Which song do you like to sing now and then? Queen! anything by queen, though sometimes elton ohn can be soothing.
Were you a naughty child in your childhood? me? never

RJbibliophil
04-26-2006, 05:10 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age? 7.18.92 or 18.7.92 respectively
~ Where do you live right now? Minnesota, but kind of in Norway too(prefer latter)
~ How many siblings do/did you have? one older sister who's almost 16
~ What are your interests? reading, learning, singing, violin, hardanger fiddle, sewing, pysanky, quilling, crocheting, crafts, dancing, fantasizing(someone tell me how to spell it!)
~ Who is your favourite author? too many good ones, none too outstanding, at the moment I like C.S. Lewis, Martha Finley, Lucy Maud Montgomery, and Maud Hart Lovelace
~ Which is your favourite book? Bible, any book by above, various other pieces of literature
~ How do you define love? selfless, devoting, thoughtful, practical, kind, caring, uh...loving?
~ Did you ever love someone? no one in particular
~ Do you have a lot of friends? a lot of not very close friends scattered all over so I don't see them very often, a few nearby.
~ What do you think life is? a road and adventure
~ Which is your favourite colour? blue, green and purple
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? I love dresses and skirts. how about long dresses and pretty dresses?
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? my own room,
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I'm good at singing soprano and love doing it, though I do not have a trained voice. My friends would say I can sing
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? anything, especially random songs
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? of course I am!
~ What do you think about me? I think Pensive is great

AimusSage
04-26-2006, 05:38 PM
What is your date of birth and age?
17-11-1983 and my age is 11.
Where do you live right now?
In a room with four walls a window and a roof, conviniently located on the second floor of a house.
How many siblings do/did you have?
I have 1 sibling, she is older and more annoying than me.
What are your interests?
Looking for miniature giant space hamsters named Boo!, soccer, shipmodeling and doing things that are for my eyes only, and maybe a select few others.
Who is your favourite author?
Isaac Asimov
Which is your favourite book?
Foundation Trilogy, it was one of the first SF books I read, and had a lasting impact on my mental wellbeing, I never looked at a mule the same way again.
How do you define love?
A quiver of arrows, a bow and a little guy with wings.
Did you ever love someone?
I suppose so.
Do you have a lot of friends?
Let's see, there's Bob, Charlie, David and Jimmy, but they are all imaginary so they don't count, apart from that I also have a number of real friends, but my true friends I can count on one hand.
What do you think life is?
Life is an opportunity for me to make lots of mistakes and the occasional good decision.
Which is your favourite colour?
Black or red, depending on my mood, Black if I am happy, red if I am happy but prefer red.
What type of dress do you like to wear?
A really colourful one, with a nice motif that screams for attention. That'll show all those girl that try to get my attention with their fancy dresses.
Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most?
A super fast car, like the bugatti Veyron, A nice big house with a huge garden and something as of yet undiscovered.
Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think?
My friend always tell me to shut up when I try to sing, they just feel inferior to my wonderful singing voice. Ahem.
Which song do you like to sing now and then?
Alfred J. Kwak themesong, it's in dutch, but it's a really cool song.
Were you a naughty child in your childhood?
My parents seem to think so, I always thought of myself as a little angel.
What do you think about me?
I think you are what many people would like to be, a bright young girl with a good set of brains.

kilted exile
04-26-2006, 05:54 PM
What is your date of birth and age? January 28, 1982. Makes me 24 (I think.....I'd count it but I only have ten fingers and ten toes so anything over 20 I'm not sure about)
Where do you live right now? Richmond Hill (Just North of Toronto)
How many siblings do/did you have?3: One older brother, One Younger brother, and One older half sister I found out about 8yrs ago (she was the result of one of my fathers teenage indescretions and was put up for adoption)
What are your interests? Sport, Solid Waste Management, Crawling through sewers.
Who is your favourite author? Dickens, closely followed by Brett Easton Ellis
Which is your favourite book? Changes constantly, currently Nicholas Nicholby
How do you define love? Something that is capable of making you incredibly happy despite how crappy life is going
Did you ever love someone?Yes
Do you have a lot of friends? I have acquaintances
What do you think life is? A bad joke
Which is your favourite colour? Blue
What type of dress do you like to wear? Oh I get it just 'cos I'm Scottish you automatically assume I'm a cross-dresser.
Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? None, I want nothing more than what I have now
Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I have a wonderful voice.....others are just tone deaf and dont appreciate greatness when they hear it.
Which song do you like to sing now and then? Depends on my mood, but I can do Flawless renditions of "Mac The Knife" and "Somewhere beyond the sea"
Were you a naughty child in your childhood? I did a few things I'm not proud of, but for my social group not overly
What do you think about me? Friendly, happy, inquisitive.

kathycf
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age? July 26, 1966...39
~ Where do you live right now? Massachusetts
~ How many siblings do/did you have? one older sister and one younger (who is deceased).
~ What are your interests? reading (heh, that is obvious) watching movies, computer games, being with loved ones,photography, making jewelry and hiking.
~ Who is your favourite author? Well, really I like too many to have just one favorite..Wodehouse, Agatha Christie, Alice Hoffman, Charles de Lint...lots more.
~ Which is your favourite book? lots of favs.
~ How do you define love? warmth, affection, caring, an interest in what the other person feels and their well being, plus sharing.
~ Do you have a lot of friends? Yes, well a fair amount.
~ What do you think life is? I dunno, still trying to work that out.
~ Which is your favourite colour? Pink
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? I am more of a skirt and top wearer.
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? Hard to say..books, another computer and some cool jewelry.
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? Meh, I was in a chorus for 3 years as a kid, but my voice sounds too nasal.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? la la la..(joke)
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? Nope. Too terrified of being beat up.
~ What do you think about me? Hmmm, can I get to know you better?

Pensive
04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Thats a toughy, ... Yeats?
Thats a toughy too, ... The Old Man and the Sea?

I also thought that these questions were tough...

Certain songs - I'm not technically brilliant, but got a certain something, you know! Have sung in bands briefly. Which might tell you everything you need to know. Particularly the briefly bit.

Cool, you worked in bands.

I like to, I don't think I can, my friends are just nice though.

If you like to sing, then you can. I know it. :D

Where do you live right now? In Denmark with my mom, when i live with my dad, it's in Indonesia

Wow Chava, I knew not that you have lived in Indonesia.

RJ is testing my Maths. I am not good with even simple Maths.

Isaac Asimov

I loved a saying by Isaac Asimov and it was "I do not fear computers but I fear the lack of them"

How many siblings do/did you have?3: One older brother, One Younger brother, and One older half sister I found out about 8yrs ago (she was the result of one of my fathers teenage indescretions and was put up for adoption)

Poor little child your sister was. I hate it that due to the mistakes of parents, children have to suffer. I know this is world but it boils me up, can't help myself.

Which is your favourite book? Changes constantly, currently Nicholas Nicholby

I loved Nicholas Nickleby when I read it.

~ Who is your favourite author? Well, really I like too many to have just one favorite..Wodehouse, Agatha Christie, Alice Hoffman, Charles de Lint...lots more.

I love the writing style of Agatha Christie. My guesses are always wrong about the guilty one's in her novels. I completed a novel by her a few days ago. I suspected six people out of eight and the guilty one was that person who I could have never thought about...
Agatha Christie was very intelligent, indeed!

What do you think about me? Friendly, happy, inquisitive.

Thanks. By the way sometimes, my inquisitive nature leads me to a very rough road. If I don't get to know something, I feel very disturbed so if I would not have been inquisitive, it would have been better.

I think you are what many people would like to be, a bright young girl with a good set of brains

Hehe, but I think that I can never have better set of brains than you. You are witty.

~ What do you think about me? I think Pensive is great
RJ, you also seems like a very good person.

I like you

So do I! I like you very much!

Pensive? Your one of the highlites of the forum!

:blush:

I don't really know - looking at Elizabeth's for inspiration - you seem a nice girl.

Thanks

Pensive
04-27-2006, 12:03 AM
~ What do you think about me? Hmmm, can I get to know you better?

OK then. Let me introduce myself.

What is your date of birth and age?
~December 8, 1992. (13)
Where do you live right now?
~Neverland
How many siblings do/did you have?
~ One Brother
What are your interests?
~Reading, Writing, Talking, Sports, Games, Movies, Music and Crafts
~ So many! I really can't choose one.
Which is your favourite book?
~ So many!
How do you define love?
~ Love is either the best or the worst thing that can ever happen to you.
Did you ever love someone?
~Yuppers, lots of people I still love!
Do you have a lot of friends?
~ I have a fair number of friends.
What do you think life is?
~ I don't know...
Which is your favourite colour?
~ Probably sky blue
What type of dress do you like to wear?
~ I like to wear any dress in which I feel easy and comfortable and it covers my body well.
Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most?
~ Nothing now
~ I think that I can sing very well. Some of my friends admit this and others don't
Which song do you like to sing now and then?
~ Different songs
Were you a naughty child in your childhood?
~ I was/am very naughty.
What do I think about myself?
~ I am very talkative, inquisitive and a little self-centered and not at all great. People like Mother Terressa and Florence Nightingale who deserves to be called great and they were!

WaxDoll
04-27-2006, 12:58 AM
02/08/92 (14)
Texas
two younger brothers =P
lying in bed but not sleeping, staying up all night, eating junk food, surfing the interent but not doing anything productive, burning time, Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives!!! oh, yeah... reading XD
Jane Austen
Villette (Charlotte Bronte)
feeling something besides indifference and hate
erm... I guess
no, just a couple very close ones, I'm not the out-going type
beating others and proving your best XD
royal purple
something comfortable
library of first-edition classics, all Bill Gates's money, a mall to myself with unlimited spending
ha! no, and my friends make sure I know it
I got My Heart Will Go On stuck in my head recently
um... of course not :P
You seem nice, and very intelligent. Plus, I LOVE your avatar XD

WaxDoll
04-27-2006, 01:03 AM
In universityville (U of Waterllo) Canada, but soon I'll be in homeville
LOL... what a coincidence. Both my parents completed their graduate studies there XD Can I ask what you're majoring in?

Pensive
04-27-2006, 01:52 AM
I got My Heart Will Go On stuck in my head recently

I also love this song.

Singing: "Every night in my dreams I see you..."

You seem nice, and very intelligent. Plus, I LOVE your avatar XD

Thanks VaxDoll,Your avatar is cool too. My mom brought me the very same doll years ago when I was four or five. By the way, what's meant by "XD"?

Nightshade
04-27-2006, 05:00 AM
~ What is your date of birth and age? 9/9/1987 so errr 18?
~ Where do you live right now? A small town in cheshire
~ How many siblings do/did you have? 4 all younger sisters
~ What are your interests? hummm reading reading buying books thinking of ways to get more experiance in the library, oh matching people up with books cooking eating tv charity shop browsing and this place.
~ Who is your favourite author? err for what type of book?
~ Which is your favourite book? Havent found it yet so am reading everytyhing I can get my hands on in effort to find it.
~ How do you define love? what type? a fancy name for what is basically a mixture of instinct friendship and electrochemical signals
~ Did you ever love someone? I guess my family http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/533.gif
~ Do you have a lot of friends? ahemm you can count them on one hand with lots of fingers to spareactually come to think of it does it count if I havents see them or really spoke to them in 2 years?
~ What do you think life is? a series of tests twists and turns-- a train journey.
~ Which is your favourite colour? greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen :Dhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-045.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-045.gif
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? green ones... no seriously big fat prom type dresses and floaty summer dresses and oh Fancy dress of course ( next saterday I get t dress up in english civil war period dress :banana: )
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? money to set up my own bookshop/cafe/internet cafe childrensplay shop, an extention to the childrens library , and a house with a set o shelves running along the entire house ( even the kitchen and stairs ) to keep my books
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think?huh:D no I cant dont know hvent sung with my friend since I was 9. In my house its more a case of stop annoying me or I WILL start to sing.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? anything I tend to humm / mutterwords in my own fashion when Im thinking I can even d it while carryng out a convesraton ( apparantly an annoying habit)
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? yupp :D http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/teufel/devil-smiley-023.gif
Blah! do I have to fill this in IM useless at these bits*sigh*
fine I think your a fine reporter a dedicted and loyal friend and a ready smile in times of need.

SleepyWitch
04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
~ What is your date of birth and age? 19 August 1981, which makes me 24. I'm an old witch :)
~ Where do you live right now? Erlangen, Germany
~ How many siblings do/did you have? one bro, 22 y/o
~ What are your interests? work-wise: linguistics, education, geography, hobbies: swimming, youthwork, reading, going out with my best friend, watching English films, learning Russian, cycling, walking, daytrips, travelling, reading newspapers, watching documentaries, learning about the world, penpalling
~ Who is your favourite author? Oscar Wilde, Shaky, Philip Roth, John Irving, Terry Pratchett, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov
~ Which is your favourite book? The Picture of Dorian Gray, some Shaky plays, Love in the Time of the Cholera.... lots...
~ How do you define love? i don't
~ Did you ever love someone? yes
~ Do you have a lot of friends? a handful of "best friends" and a couple of univ mates plus some people i don't see that often.. something like "acquaintances"
~ What do you think life is? dunno
~ Which is your favourite colour? crimson red, dark blue, ocean blue, silver...
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? scruffy.. slightly baggy trousers and Dr Marten's boots.. mix of scruffy and elegant.. casual... hippie clothes like Chinese silk jackets
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? none... hang on, on second thoughts I'd go for chocolate, 50m stainless steel swimming pool, complete DVD boxes of all Star Trek series... books..... maths text book to learn the diff between 3 and 4.. that makes it 5
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? nope... my best friend says I can sing "For the longest time" by Billy Joel well enough... but anything that's got rapid changes between different notes in it, no way..
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? none... maybe "Can't take my eyes off you" or Circa mea Pectora from Carmina Burana (anyone know them?) it's for baritone though, and my voice is a) female and b) rather high pitched at times, so.....
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? i still am
~ What do you think about me? er? dunno :) Pensy is really sweet and smart :)

smilingtearz
04-27-2006, 09:16 AM
~What is your date of birth and age?
* 14th march 1986... turened 20

* At my home.. though my mum'll be kicking me out from here shortly if i refuse to do the dishes for another day..

* A Younger sister (read 'monster')

* ahh.. it's a big list... starts with playing the guitar, reading, sketching.. and so on..

* Austen

* Gone with the wind

* Divine and something like warm mushy golden soft delighting.. umm.. consoling, comforting, supporting.. giving more meaning to life..

* Yeah loadsa people!! :D

* a big friends circle, but a few to be called close, rather three close friends.. one of them being a Litnet member

* The only chance to Explore, discover and the only chance to prove your worth.. could be short, why not make our stay on Earth worthwhile..
L-Love.. I-Is.. F-For.. E-Eternity..

~ Which is(are) your favourite colour(s)?
* Blue in clothes.. green and white otherwise

* something that's made out of leaves :lol:.. kidding of course..
anything that suits me.. a pair of jeans or cargos and a good top usually..

* A Man with Money and marcedes.. :lol:
okay gettin serious.. a better music system in my room.. a laptop and a car to myself..

~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what do your friends think?
* I think i can.. I'm not bad with stage performances.. and i know they think i can too!

* angels robbie williams.. my fav., frozen-- madonna

* not really

* you're the sweetest little blue birdie i saw, that never gets tired of flying and spreading smiles around
,, very innovative and full of ideas!

-Eva

Pensive
04-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks Night, Eva and Sleepy Witch!

Eva, Did you ever wear "Sarhi"?

smilingtearz
04-27-2006, 09:41 AM
oh yes.. i wore it on christmas last year.. and on my farewell when i was leaving twelfth.. and for a musical performance last year..
They told me i look good.. :)

higley
04-27-2006, 12:20 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age?- September 25, 18 years old.
~ Where do you live right now?- Ohio
~ How many siblings do/did you have?- none, never did. :(
~ What are your interests?-baseball, other sports, illustration, drawing, Rat Pack, cowboy movies, reading...
~ Who is your favourite author?-Chabon, Bradbury, Koontz, C.S. Lewis
~ Which is your favourite book?-must I choose? Kavalier and Clay, Life Expectancy, the Narnia books, Crime and Punishment, Fahrenheit 451
~ How do you define love? indescribable :)
~ Did you ever love someone? besides friends and family? no
~ Do you have a lot of friends? I'm not lacking. :)
~ What do you think life is? Joy, some pain, lots of humor
~ Which is your favourite colour? green, absolutely
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? 1920's-ish style
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? (1) lots of nice new red sable brushes :P (2) enough money to pay for what I need (3)...I can't think of anything
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I can't, I know I can't and I don't let my friends hear me :D
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? "Ain't That A Kick in the Head" by Dean Martin or "Chicago" by Frank Sinatra
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? nope. I've never been able to break rules, really, and always felt guilty about really small stuff.
~ What do you think about me? you're nice and funny :)

WaxDoll
04-27-2006, 07:17 PM
By the way, what's meant by "XD"?
It's like a grinning smilie. *tilts head sideways*

RJbibliophil
04-27-2006, 08:01 PM

RJ is testing my Maths. I am not good with even simple Maths. Sorry Pensy, I did not mean to confusilate you! It is just that some places in the world people say July 18th 1992, and some places they say 18. Juli 1992, so I was just trying to be creative!

I love the writing style of Agatha Christie. My guesses are always wrong about the guilty one's in her novels. I completed a novel by her a few days ago. I suspected six people out of eight and the guilty one was that person who I could have never thought about...
Agatha Christie was very intelligent, indeed! I agree with everyone that Agatha Christie is good. I've read "Murder on the Oriental express" or something, where there's around 10 suspects on the train and it turns out to be all of them. Very excellent work. I've also read 13 for luck, a collection of short stories. I should get something by her from the library soon...

Oh, did I mention Pensy that I like you because we are alike in many ways?

~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? (1) lots of nice new red sable brushes :p
May I assume you are a painter higley? what medium? It is good to have a mix of synthetic and sable for watercolor

higley
04-27-2006, 08:14 PM
May I assume you are a painter higley? what medium? It is good to have a mix of synthetic and sable for watercolor

I'm an art student :) I don't use watercolor really, but nice sable brushes make oil painting a dream :D

Pensive
04-27-2006, 09:34 PM
I agree with everyone that Agatha Christie is good. I've read "Murder on the Oriental express" or something, where there's around 10 suspects on the train and it turns out to be all of them. Very excellent work. I've also read 13 for luck, a collection of short stories. I should get something by her from the library soon...

Hey, was it 4.50 Miles from Paddington? I have got it at home and I was reading its back story yesterday.

WaxDoll
04-27-2006, 09:56 PM
I agree with everyone that Agatha Christie is good. I've read "Murder on the Oriental express" or something, where there's around 10 suspects on the train and it turns out to be all of them. Very excellent work. I've also read 13 for luck, a collection of short stories. I should get something by her from the library soon...
I love Agatha Christie, too! Somehow she always finds a way to surprise me. I have never once been even close in guessing an ending. I've read Murder on the Orient Express, too. It was quite good, but I had trouble remembering all the characters :D I've also read The Labors of Hercules, which is a collection of 12 mysteries that are each respectively connected to the twelve labors of Hercules. They weren't as good as the former, because, after a while, it can get quite repetitive. Some of the endings were kind of far-fetched, even for a mystery story. My favorite book of hers is And Then There Were None (aka Ten Little Indians). It's about a group of 10 people that are trapped on an island and are killed off one by one in accordance to a poem. Has anyone else read it?

Virgil
04-27-2006, 10:00 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age?- Dec 15th, 44 .
~ Where do you live right now?- New York
~ How many siblings do/did you have?- two, one each gender.
~ What are your interests?-literature, music, art, baseball, engneering
~ Who is your favourite author?-Faulkner, Lawrence, lots of others
~ Which is your favourite book?-Divine Comedy, The Illiad, lots of others
~ How do you define love? -intoxicating
~ Did you ever love someone? Yes
~ Do you have a lot of friends? Yes
~ What do you think life is? Adventure, pleasure, duty
~ Which is your favourite colour? green
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? Mini skirt, goes well with my hairy legs.
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? Wine, women, and song
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? -My wife constantly reminds me that I can't. So no.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? -Jumping Jack Flash (Stones), My Way (Sinatra)
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? Somewhat
~ What do you think about me? I love Pensy

Pensive
04-28-2006, 03:58 AM
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? Wine, women, and song

Dear Virgil, your wife will not be happy to hear that. :p

Virgil
04-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Dear Virgil, your wife will not be happy to hear that. :p
Well, she's the woman.

Pensive
04-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, she's the woman.

But you mentioned women not woman. :p

kathycf
04-29-2006, 12:02 AM
OK then. Let me introduce myself.

Well, Pensive, nice to meet you! :wave:

you seem very nice as does everyone else. Plus I love it that folks are A.Christie fans...I started reading her years ago, because she was one of my mother's favorites. I have many in my collection, but I must admit, I like Miss Marple the best.

Virgil
04-29-2006, 12:25 AM
But you mentioned women not woman. :p
Well, she won't have to know. ;)

WhimsySA
04-29-2006, 03:49 AM

SLAM Book is a way to get to know others better. You should try to answer all these questions but if you can't answer some, it is also alright.

I stole the idea from my cousin. She said that it is a way to get to know off others better. Please try to be as honest as you can! So everyone please also introduce yourself in here! :D

My date of birth is 2 dec 1990 I am 15
I live in Ficksburg, South Africa
I have NO siblings
I love tap dancing, reading, painting etc.
Fave author = J.K Rowling & Tamora Pierce
Fave book = Harry Potter & the half blood prince
Love is - having a deep pssion for someone
No not really
Of course I have alot of friends
Life is a test, the harder you learn the better you do
Purple & lime green
Jeans & a T-shirt suit me just fine (oh, & takkies(trainers))
A new CD player, a nice flat(for when I go to university), a boyfriend
I haven't got a clue if I can sing or not. Generally I don't sing in front of my friends. I do like to sing though.
At the moment I have 106 songs that I have rated 5 stars. I sing any of these.
No, I don't think so, although the 1st & last time my dad closed me in my room I trashed it (I threw my clothes all over the floor, I pulled the curtains down etc. etc.)
I wouldn't know I only come on every now & then. You are the only one that actually welcomed me so I guess you are pretty cool. :angel: :wave:

Pensive
04-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Hi WhimsySA, I have read Allana's First Adventure by Tamora Pierce and liked it very much. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the other adventures.

I also like Harry Potter series. It is very interesting series. I can't wait for Book 7!

Kathy, Whimsy and all others, it is so wonderful to know more about you. Really, there were things which I did not know about you all, even some old members.

RJbibliophil
04-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey, was it 4.50 Miles from Paddington? I have got it at home and I was reading its back story yesterday. No, it had been renamed or something so I'm sure of the exact wording.

love Agatha Christie, too! Somehow she always finds a way to surprise me. I have never once been even close in guessing an ending. I've read Murder on the Orient Express, too. It was quite good, but I had trouble remembering all the characters I've also read The Labors of Hercules, which is a collection of 12 mysteries that are each respectively connected to the twelve labors of Hercules. They weren't as good as the former, because, after a while, it can get quite repetitive. Some of the endings were kind of far-fetched, even for a mystery story. My favorite book of hers is And Then There Were None (aka Ten Little Indians). It's about a group of 10 people that are trapped on an island and are killed off one by one in accordance to a poem. Has anyone else read it?

Plus I love it that folks are A.Christie fans...I started reading her years ago, because she was one of my mother's favorites. I have many in my collection, but I must admit, I like Miss Marple the best.
I've read a collection of short stories which had at least one from Hercules labors. I don't remember which. It also had several Miss Marples. She seems to solve mysteries by just hearing about them real well.

chmpman
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age? Oct. 11, 1985 (20)
~ Where do you live right now? Still at home, sadly.
~ How many siblings do/did you have? One brother, age 22.
~ What are your interests? Reading, basketball, lots of things
~ Who is your favourite author? I say I haven't really read enough to decide. Maybe when I'm 99 I'll choose.
~ Which is your favourite book? ^^^^^^^^^^^^
~ How do you define love? I think I'll know it if I find it.
~ Did you ever love someone? Not romantically.
~ Do you have a lot of friends? Not really, but I like the ones I have.
~ What do you think life is? Whatever you make of it.
~ Which is your favourite colour? Various shades of blue
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? I'll assume that means clothing and say jeans and a t-shirt.
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? I like Virgil's answer - in the pluralized form.
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? NO. I only sing when I'm alone, and can have my voice drowned out by loud music.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? Whatever I've been, or am, listening to at the moment.
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? Well, I never got caught. At least by the police.
~ What do you think about me? Very sweet and thoughtful.

rachel
05-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Well, she won't have to know. ;)

then dearest you had better not talk in your sleep or I hope you have an extra guest room. it is either that or the floor mat with brandi. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pensive
05-02-2006, 07:53 AM
rachel, when are you going to introduce yourself?

Shakira
06-10-2006, 05:36 AM
~ What is your date of birth and age? 11/06/1985 - 21yrs.

~ Where do you live right now? India, Mumbai.

~ How many siblings do/did you have? 2 younger brothers/devils.

~ What are your interests? Reading, writing, music.

~ Who is your favourite author? Marilyn French.

~ Which is your favourite book? Her Mother's Daughter.

~ How do you define love? Just wanting to be with the loved one forever & ever . . .

~ Do you have a lot of friends? No.

~ What do you think life is? "The mind is its own place, and in itself/Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n." How you percieve your life depends on how you have lived it.

~ Which is your favourite colour? Black.

~ What type of dress do you like to wear? Traditional Indian dresses.

~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? Books, clothes & jewellery [preferably diamonds].

~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I can sing but my friends & folks dont think it as singing. Its more like croaking.

~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? Life For Rent - Dido.

~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? YES & I'm naughty even now.

~ What do you think about me? Dont know more about you till now. But would like to know more.

Manfred
06-10-2006, 11:12 AM

-5/25/60 I'm an old man of 46.
-Indianapolis, IN USA
-I have one younger sister.
-Reading, politics, writing, sports, history, and the list goes on...
-Raymond Chandler, Sinclair Lewis, among others.
-By these authors, "The Big Sleep," and "Elmer Gantry," but there are many, many more.
-Love is passion, tempered by friendship, security, and mutual reliance. But those are only words; true definition is not possible for deep emotional feelings.
-I am in love. I have never been in love before, and this did not happen to me until I was 41 years old. Minor infatuations cannot be counted, and who can know if lightning ever strikes twice until it happens to them?
-I have few--maybe even no--friends outside of my relationship. I have many acquaintances, some more welcome than others.
-Life is an evolution in knowledge and belief. It can be wonderful or tragic, but it is never static. Each moment is but a snapshot in time, recognition of change comes slowly.
-Black
-Jeans and a t-shirt; comfort before vanity.
-A job that I don't despise; I can never be truly happy working for another. A larger collection of books that I have personally selected. I really can't think of anything else.
-Not even in the shower--I value my eardrums too much.
-I don't.
-I hit a fellow student in the head with one of my shoes at the age of 7, and after that highlight, things got bad. Several suspensions in school for fighting, jailed for public intox and drug use. I finally grew up at 40, though, and relative calm has reigned since then.
-I think you are an artistic and curious person, who has more than a touch of egotistic narcissism--but then, don't we all?

Bysshe
06-10-2006, 12:07 PM

-I was born 13th August 1991 (I'm fourteen)
-I live in greater London
-I have a younger brother, aged eleven.
-My main interests are reading, writing, music and collecting records. :)
-My favourite author is Evelyn Waugh.
-My favourite book is probably Brideshead Revisited, but it keeps changing.
-I'm too young to try and define love...
-I've never loved anyone. Again, too young. Unless you count silly celebrity infatuations.
-I have a reasonable amount of friends.
-Again, I have no idea what life is.
-My favourite colour is red.
-I usually dress casually. In a band t-shirt and jeans. Occasionally in a skirt.
-There are no material things I have a burning desire for, but if I could have three things, it would probably be 1: my own computer, 2: a vinyl copy of The Velvet Underground & Nico, and 3: the whole of the Damned's back catalogue on vinyl.
-I don't sing. I'll hum, or mouth along, but never sing.
-See above.
-I tried to strangle a classmate at the age of four, after she threw a plastic brick at me. Other than that, I don't think I've been particuarly violent or naughty.
-I'm still relatively new here, so I don't know you very well. But you seem nice, and intelligent.

miss tenderness
06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Just several comments before introducing myself:
Thank you Pensive for this thread, it gives an insight not only about the members but also ourselves.

Another thing: though many of you people seem intellectually old, surprisingly I found most of you did not exceed even 24!! Pensive you are 13, oh dear. I thought you are older.

-in 1983.
-now in UK, but not for so long.
-i have lovely sisters and bros!
-reading comes first, surfing the internet, volunteer in old age houses( one of my biggest interest is talking to aged people, I used to read to my grandpa and hear from him, and after he passed away I directed my disturbance to others :D),shopping ,teaching, writing.
-Emily Bronte , I also like to read for Agatha Christie( I've read most of her well known novels, and the thought that no more new novels to read for her saddens me) ,Shaw , Abdulwahab Mwtawa' and so many others .
-Gaskell's Mary Barton.
- when you feel the world is different ,your concerns are shifted, your heart speaks new tales and you are not what you used to be.
-dunno exactly!! Maybe the coming days will reveal that it was not love.
-yes I do, but the problem is when you have lots of them ,you can hardly know your real ones.
- Life is a short lasting journey, so please the one you love and do good to people.
-Black, dark green, beige and flashy blue.
-hautecouture in certain occasions, skirts, concentrate on casual and elegant wearings.
- I used to sing to friends but now I'm more aware of my voice lol.
- I was not naughty, I was and still a quiet and peaceful and easy to surrender person.
-kisses for you Pensive and for your brilliant and friendly character:)

caesar
06-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey, Penzy, I always thought that I could guess, quite accurately, the age and sex (and a few other things) of a writer from his/her writing. And I have done so quite successfully in case of many of the posters on Lit-Net and even in case of journalists whose articles I read in the newspapers. But in your case, I was not even close. Initially I thought that you were a jobless old man. I got goose bumps when I found out, here, that you are merely 13. Incredible! You are so good at engaging people in a conversation and you have such refined and delightful way of interacting with others. Truly admirable in a 13 year old. But I still can’t bring myself to believe that you are just ………….

WhimsySA
06-29-2006, 11:28 AM

~ 2 December 1990 - I'm 15
~ Tiny little town in South Africa called Ficksburg (on the edge of Lesotho) :banana:
~ ZILCH/NIKS/NONE
~ Photography, painting, scrapbooking, reading etc. etc. etc.
~ It's a tie between J.K. Rowling, Tamora Pierce & Meg Cabot (Can't decide :confused: )
~ At the moment it's Avalon High by Meg Cabot
~ Being able to change yourself because of someone, and to be able to confide in them
~ Nope, not really
~ Ya, at school we are about 12 in our 'group' (& thats only in my school)
~ A journey, it has ups & downs just like a rollercoaster
~ Lime green or purple (@ the moment)
~ Jeans & a nice T-shirt! (with either slops or takkies(sneakers I think they are called)) :D :cool:
~ Right now a new CD player, cupbord doors(I just redid my room & my doors are horid!!!) & BEADS lots & lots of BEADS! Ok so I decided that cupboard doors aren't so important, so in their place will be a set of drums!
~ I'd like to think I can sing, but I really don't know, I mean I love to sing, but then again who dosent? One of my friends told me I could sing but I'm not sure she was telling me the truth.
~ Whatever I'm listening to at that particular moment or whichever song is stuck in my head at that moment
~ Not all the time, but there was the time me & my friend decided my mother's BRAND NEW carpet needed a bit of a trim & yip you guessed it snip snip! (& we used those little play-play scissors) :D
~ Awwwwwwww, you know we all love you Pensive! :nod:

NEDJ293
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age? February 5, 1987 ; 19 years
~ Where do you live right now? Puerto Rico
~ How many siblings do/did you have? none
~ What are your interests? Playing the piano and singing, photography, painting, writing, reading, psychology, music, history, wow there's a lot of stuff so etc...
~ Who is your favourite author? I should expand more my reading before deciding on an author
~ Which is your favourite book? same jejeje
~ How do you define love? an intense feeling of affection, loyalty, friendship
~ Did you ever love someone? yes
~ Do you have a lot of friends? I have a good amount
~ What do you think life is? It's short so enjoy the most of it
~ Which is your favourite colour? Purple, Blue, Black, Green
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? It depends on the ocasion but usually I dress casually with jeans or a skirt
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? well right now I want a new cellphone and an Ipod and ofcourse a larger library.
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? Well yeah, i think I'm pretty good at it, my friends also like it since sometimes they ask me to sing for fun or in church activities
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? To whatever I'm listening
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? not really
~ What do you think about me? Well Pensive I don't know you very well but hopefully that'll change in time and you seem nice

grace86
06-29-2006, 09:00 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age?: January 30, 1986. I am twenty.
~ Where do you live right now?: All my life in Southern California
~ How many siblings do/did you have?: I have 4 - 3 brothers and a sister. One is in the military stationed in Korea.
~ What are your interests?: anthropology, traveling to places my family doesn't want me to go (cough cough out of country), reading, music, church, my friends
~ Who is your favourite author?: grr...I hate this question...too many, probably umm right now, Dostoevsky and Stoker
~ Which is your favourite book?: grrr again..The Shadow of the Wind
~ How do you define love?: self sacrificing, an experience to which nothing compares, an art to some, a life to many and an undescribable adventure, that feeling in your stomach...oh yeah, and a narcotic. Can you tell I love love?!!!
~ Did you ever love someone?: I have experienced unrequited love, and I am in love now (hehe with my fiance!!)
~ Do you have a lot of friends?: I make friends with everyone I meet, but only about two loyal ones
~ What do you think life is?: yet again, an adventure and a quest to find yourself and touch lives
~ Which is your favourite colour?: blue
~ What type of dress do you like to wear?: I am a blue jeans kinda girl..with a cute top of course.
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most?: I could put things down, but I would turn around and say to myself "I don't really need that."
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think?: well, up until a month ago, I would have replied "no," but life is full of surprises, as I am singing worship for my church and all my friends love my voice.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then?: probably..for worship, "Jesus, Name Above All Names" and "Through the Iris" by 10 Years
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood?: I was a sweetie, just had a problem climbing the shelves in my closet.
~ What do you think about me?: I love how bright you are. You always come up with the most awesome thread ideas and I think that your personality you portray online is the exact same if I were to meet you in person.

Madhuri
02-10-2007, 09:28 AM
This thread is

REVIVED

dramasnot6
02-10-2007, 10:44 AM
~ What is your date of birth and age?- May 4 '92, 14
~ Where do you live right now? Oz
~ How many siblings do/did you have? Just myself...and my dog, she's kind of like a sibling. We have our ups and downs :p
~ What are your interests? reading, cooking,exercise, LitNet,learning...lots and lots, so much to experience in life :)
~ Who is your favourite author? Le Bard
~ Which is your favourite book? Until I have read every book on earth, it has yet to be discovered. I am on my way though :D
~ How do you define love? I try not to define it, as I more like to describe and indulge in it :)
~ Did you ever love someone? Of course, right from birth ;)
~ Do you have a lot of friends? Not an excessive amount, great quality,not quantity
~ What do you think life is? A cycle
~ Which is your favourite colour? Black. Then green, then crimson.
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? I'm not too much into dresses, but I do enjoy something artistic in design and comfortable.
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? prose,poetry,plays
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I'm a wretched singer, my friends have no idea what it is like because I try my best to avoid singing. But they understand and respect this as well.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? Hmm....I've been a bit Joanie Mitchell lately
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? Nah. I was very inquisitve and adventerous though.
~ What do you think about me? Quite the charmer and sweetheart of LitNet is our Pensive! :D

Lioness_Heart
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age? 29th september 1990 (I'm 16)
~ Where do you live right now? A tiny litte village in the middle of nowhere in the Midlands (England)
~ How many siblings do/did you have? 5 (4 older brothers and one foster-sister - only me left at home now though!)
~ What are your interests? I love reading and writing, walking, running, skiing, sitting on the bridge and contemplating the meaning of life, playing the piano, looking after my garden (my roses are my favourite plants - see my avatar)
~ Who is your favourite author? I have too many - probably Shakespeare (technically a playwright but whatever) and Virgil are the two I most admire for the way that they construct language so beautifully
~ Which is your favourite book? Don't ask me that!!! I have over 100 books on my top shelf (where I keep all the books that I reread lots - they are a bit squished). They are mostly fantasy, but my tastes are changing somewhat - I like a lot of Classics, but am not too mad on Jane Austen.
~ How do you define love? Knowing that you would do anything for that person and being able to trust that they would do the same for you.
~ Did you ever love someone? Not romantically - am a bit young for the 'true love' thing jsut yet. But I love my family, and feel quite maternal over my youngest nephews and nieces, because their mother has just left them.
~ Do you have a lot of friends? To be popular at my school you have to be sporty and not care about your grades. I'm not like that. But I do have quite a lot of friends; I'm getting more now that I'm in 6th form, and the friends I have are good friends.
~ What do you think life is? Being able to feel.
~ Which is your favourite colour? Lilac
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? At home I just dress for practicality, but I like wearing skirts and dresses and feeling pretty when I go out into town or with my friends.
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? More books, a new car (our old one was written off in an acciden in December), something that will help me learn Swahili... but there are other, non-material things that I'd rather have
NO. They keep trying to get me to go to choral society with them, but I refuse. Well, I'm not the worst singer in the world, but my main problem is tahtI don't feel confident enough to sing in front of people.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? Whichever song is in my head at the time.
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? Not really. I was a bit of a goody-two-shoes.
~ What do you think about me? aww!! I don't relly know you but you seem very nice, and bright. You seem profound... you should join the League of the Fly (a HUGE comliment)

andave_ya
02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age? April 29, 1991, and I'm 15.
~ Where do you live right now? California. The only bright spot is the library. :lol:
~ How many siblings do/did you have? technically I have only a sister, but my parents have "adopted" a lot of other people who're really close friends.
~ What are your interests? Reading, listening to music, writing, daydreaming, baking, talking about books, watching movies.
~ Who is your favourite author? Dorothy L. Sayers, hands down. And J.R.R. Tolkien
~ Which is your favourite book? Gaudy Night by the aforesaid DLS. I know most litnetters don't have a single favorite, but this is my top choice.
~ How do you define love? I seriously have no idea. Friendship, I suppose, first and foremost, and caring for one another.
~ Did you ever love someone? Besides millions of book characters, not in that way.
~ Do you have a lot of friends? Not unless you count my favorite characters as my friends (sorry I'm a bit nutty)
~ What do you think life is? Adventure! The world is meant to be conquered!
~ Which is your favourite colour? purple and blue
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? Any kind you like!
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? books, music, and good food.:p
~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I don't think I'm particularly remarkable, but my mom says I have a decent voice, if I can ever sing out loud.
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? Anything and everything. Right now it's The Voice by Celtic Woman.
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? Not naughty, exactly, but horrendously precocious. :blush:

:) :)

rae_of_light
02-11-2007, 04:07 PM
~ What is your date of birth and age? October 22, 1991
~ Where do you live right now? Canada, in the lovely(hah, yeah right) GTA.
~ How many siblings do/did you have? Heh heh, five!
~What are your interests? Reading, playing the viola, playing sports(except baseball, ick)
~ Who is your favourite author? Its sorta hard to decide, Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti are tied for my one favourite type of book, and J.R.R. Tolkien for the other.
~ Which is your favourite book? Heh, it would take a lot more thought than I had time for...
~ How do you define love? Unconditional. It isn't really love if you pick and choose the times that you feel it.
~ Did you ever love someone? Lots of people. My family, my friends, and most of all my Lord! (I still do love all these people though!)
~ Do you have a lot of friends? No, I'd rather have a few close and good friends than a lot of bad ones....
~ What do you think life is? A miracle... something precious, not something to be thrown away.
~ Which is your favourite colour? Dark teal, with more green in it than blue.
~ What type of dress do you like to wear? Heh, I don't really go for dresses... OH, do you mean what is my style of dress?!? I am kinda skaterish, but I basically wear anything I like....
~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? A bigger house, a bigger house, AND a bigger house!! With eight people in a rather small house, it can get crazy...!
~ Can you sing really? I don't know, no one has told me anything about it either way... I can blend in, I guess that means I'm not bad, because I don't stand out horrifically!!!
~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? I sing a lot of different songs, when nobody is listening.
~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? I was a rebel. Always climbing on the tables and countertops, from what my mom says... :blush:
~ What do you think about me? I don't really know anything about you, but this was a good idea for a thread!!!