PDA

View Full Version : Rise Of The Phoenix

cateye515
04-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Prologue: A King’s Pain
He sat on his throne, his mind swirling with thoughts of her. He thought of the blue-eyed baby that she had given him. She had promised him forever, but forever had been too long. She had died giving him the one thing he had always wanted, an heir to his throne.
A cloaked figure entered the room, carrying a tiny bundle in a soft blanket. The king’s brother spoke to him. “Alexander, please. Come and see your son. Is it not enough that he lost his mother; does he really have to lose you to?” The king became enraged, began to demand that his brother leave him alone, and then sat alone, crying on his throne.
Alexander had lost everything he cared for and he had just sent his brother away. He could no longer find comfort in his castle or on his throne. Alexander’s one worst enemy had taken the one most precious thing in his life.
~~~~~~
Two years later, Alexander lay on his bed, dying. The warlock had poisoned him. A cloaked figure and a little boy entered. Alexander’s fevered mind hardly recognized the boy which he had helped create. The little heir stood at the foot of his father’s bed, not quite knowing what to do. Alexander saw the boy and remembered his young bride, remembered how she had died.
~~~~~
Alexander recovered from the illness but never fully. The effects of the poison never wore off. Alexander, fearing another attack from the warlock would endanger his son, sent his small son and his brother into hiding. King Alexander vowed that even though his worst nemesis had stolen the one most precious thing in his life, he would not allow the Warlock to take his only son. Alexander’s son grew up in the small confines of the castle’s labyrinth. Sixteen years later, the heir’s adventure truly begins. :alien: :cold:

Pensive
04-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Cateye, it seems like a very interesting tale. I will love to read Alexander's son's adventures!

cateye515
04-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Cateye, it seems like a very interesting tale. I will love to read Alexander's son's adventures!

i'm posting the other chapters

cateye :as-sleep: :wave:

cateye515
04-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Chapter One: The Labyrinth Through the Closet

The labyrinth is best known as being the prison facility in the Greek tale about King Minos. Guarded by the evil Minotaur, the labyrinth held the king’s prisoners and miscreants. However, the labyrinth in the following story is not an evil place, or a prison. Instead, it’s the setting for a wonderful adventure, one that changes many lives.
Lily Flynn lived with her brother, father and grandmother in a large house outside of New York City. Lily’s father, Jacob, was a professor at the local university. Lily’s grandmother, Nana, was very close to Lily, who was like a daughter to her, but not as close to Lily’s brother. Michael, Lily’s brother, was away at a private school most of the time. However, it was summertime and Michael was home from school.
Michael and Lily often bickered. Michael constantly picked on Lily, calling her names and teasing her. For instance, the day it all began, they argued nonstop. Around and around the house, Michael chased Lily. Finally, he was able to get a hold of the back of her shirt. “Let go of me! Let me go! I didn’t even steal your stupid cap.” Lily ran around the house, away from Michael. Finally, he managed to grab her.
Michael shoved Lily down. As she stood up slowly, she had tears in her eyes. Michael tried to apologize but Lily ran to her bedroom. Lily had crawled into her closet to hide. As she crawled farther back,
Lily soon began to see some light. Finally, she crawled out of a hole into a strange place full of openings and passageways. She started down the closest passage. As she turned around to glance at the entrance, she collided with a boy who was only a little older than herself. This boy had black curly hair. She had never seen anyone so handsome.

Pensive
04-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey cateye, Isn't your story about the King and his heir? This seems like a totally different story...

Or is it a time-travelling story?

cateye515
04-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey cateye, Isn't your story about the King and his heir? This seems like a totally different story...

Or is it a time-travelling story?

just hold on, i'm still posting!

cateye515
04-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Chapter Two: Phoenix’s Story
The boy helped Lily up and then introduced himself as Phoenix. He asked her to follow him as he told her about the world she had entered. As they walked down the passage to his hut, Lily noticed her surroundings. The strange passageways were all joined by walls of what appeared to be feathers. These feathers weren’t colored like any of the birds you or I have ever seen. These feathers were strange shades of reds, greens, blues, and oranges.
Phoenix welcomed Lily into the dark hut. The tight quarters were poorly lit quarters were a dismal sight after the gleaming sun light. Phoenix began to hurriedly tell Lily all about his life.
Phoenix’s parents had been killed when he was a young child; at least that is what he had been told. He had been told that his mother had been a maid who worked in King Alexander deGrady’s castle.
Phoenix listened intently to his young companion’s life story. She told him all about how her mother had died when she was young. Lily talked about Nana. Then, Lily finally asked about her surroundings. He said it was called Rinth. Phoenix then explained that they were in a labyrinth, a type of maze. Phoenix told her that the labyrinth was guarded by the Minotaur. Confused, Lily asked him what a Minotaur was.
Phoenix explained that a Minotaur is a creature with the head of a bull but the body of a man. Soon, Phoenix bean to explain to Lily about the castle beyond the walls, the castle of Alexander deGrady. Phoenix then told Lily all about Nightwatcher.
Lily realized how late it was beginning to become and excused herself. As she crawled back into her closet, she saw Nana in her room. When asked where she had been, she hurriedly explained about Phoenix and King Alexander. Nana didn’t doubt that she had actually seen it. Instead, she knew all too well about Rinth. She had already been there once herself.

cateye515
04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Chapter Three: Nana’s Adventures In Cain Dair
As I have already said, Nana already knew all too well about Rinth. Nancy Flynn (known as Nancy Jodan) was four years old when her adventures started. Nancy was sent to live with her grandparents in their big house in London during the war. Nancy was a very imaginative child who enjoyed exploring the house. One rainy day, she was exploring the attic. The door to one of the rooms in the attic was usually locked. However, on this one day, the knob turned easily in Nancy’s hand.
As she walked through, she felt the sun on her face. Looking around her, she saw a lot of open countryside. There were rolling hills, winding rivers and streams, and little valleys. A long way off in the distance, she could see a chain of mountains with little dots of white on the very tips. The sound of the rivers was calming to Nancy who had never actually been around a river like this before. As she approached the river, Nancy realized that the water was so clear that she could see the bottom.
Nancy saw a beautiful creature grazing on one of the hills. The creature resembled a horse except for one feature: the long horn on its forehead. Nancy ran closer to the hill to get a better look. As Nancy stood staring at the noble creature, a young man, about the age of twenty rode up to her. The man introduced himself as the king of the land. The land was called Cain Dair. The king told Nancy that the creature was called a unicorn.
The land was caught right in the middle of a war. You see, an ancient and powerful Warlock was trying to takeover the land. As the warlock gained power and followers, the king lost strength. Nancy also met a beautiful woman who had fallen in love with the king. Nancy and the woman, named Christine, became best friends. What Lily did not know is that Christine was also from our world. She had traveled to Cain Dair a long time ago. Soon after Nancy began going to Cain Dair, a tremendous battle occurred, in which the king was badly hurt. Nancy, having learned the art of archery, helped the king and his army to win the war. However, the king was unable to destroy the Warlock. The Warlock was said to have disappeared. The king awarded Nancy the highest honor of the land. The king had also fallen in love with Christine. Soon, he started courting her.
Before long, the king asked for Christine’s hand in marriage. Lily was the flower girl in the royal wedding. The bride rode in on a beautiful unicorn. The unicorn was the one Nancy had seen on her first day in Cain Dair. Nancy had made so many good friends in Cain Dair that she was sad when she found that, one day, she could not return. Nancy had never told anyone about Rinth. That was, until Lily started to talk about it.

Loveless
06-13-2006, 08:23 PM
I want more, I feel like a greedy little child, but I want more. I love the story so far and am eagarly awaiting the rest of it! Oh, question, so Lily and Phoenix are brother and sister...? Or is Lily and Phoenix the son and granddaughter of two best friends...I'm so confused....

grace86
06-13-2006, 08:42 PM
I love your story so far Cateye. Waiting for more!

Pensive
06-14-2006, 04:19 AM
Oh yeah, it is a good one. I like it so far.