PDA

View Full Version : romeo and juliet essay

hasc498
04-23-2006, 08:07 PM
i have to right an essay on in my opinion which family caused more fighting. I have no clue what is going on in this book and need some help. is there anywhere i can get an essay before tuesday.

Grumbleguts
04-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I very much doubt it. I would say that it is "six of one and half a dozen of the other". Both families are equally to blame for the conflict. However, I doubt that your teacher would be satisfied with such a glib answer.

You really need to read the play, looking for examples of where both sides initiate conflict and list these, presenting evidence for both sides of the argument and then stating which you prefer. My best advice however would be that you don't leave it so late before starting your essays in future, I am sure that your teacher gave you much more than 2 days to write this.

Chinaski
04-24-2006, 09:35 AM
I think there is evidence that at least certain Capulets are more 'into' fighting/aggression. Can't be bothered to get my copy down, so quotes are rough! For a start:

- Tybalt actually says, "I hate peace..." ("..as I hate all Montagues and thee" - or thereabouts)

- Romeo is refered to as being of good temperament several times

- Capulet is a reet aggressive old so and so who is extremely verbally aggressive to his own daughter ("whining mammet...green carrion...baggage..." or thereabouts) and says that she can hang or starve in the streets if she disobeys him

- Tybalt is referred to (by Mercutio - maybe others) as somebody who sees fighting etc. as stylish - can't remember the exact quote - but it's there somewhere!

- Benvolio is a Montague(derivative of benovolent = good) always seeks peaceful solutions

GET WEAVING! As the man says, you've left it late - but crack on now and you'll be fine!fine

drewbelmore01
09-23-2013, 06:56 AM
You have to find out some contributing points with regard to the topic given as a first step to write this essay. Collecting resources and moving through such sources will help you understand the topic more clearly and that's what mainly needed to get good flow of writing. I have experience of writing an essay about Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare and I have followed all working ideas like the one above mentioned in order to make it a perfect work. I had written a short essay about love (http://essayboards.com/topic-10175.html) in the play Rome and Juliet. It was not so easy for me at first to take on this topic from the play, but after having a research on things related, I got a good view over it and have to manage my words to this short essay. So first try to understand what your essay question needs at all and try to answer the same while you prepare your essay.