PDA

View Full Version : The Ten Commandments Confirmed In The Quran

Gurrato Alaien
04-23-2006, 05:50 AM
The Ten Commandments Confirmed In The Quran

The Ten Commandments

0) (Exodus 12: 1-17 & Deuteronomy 5: 6-21)
0) Confirmation in the Quran (Chapter: Verse)

1. Thou shall not take any God except one God.
1. «"There is no God except one God"» (47:19)

2. Thou shall make no image of God.
2. «"There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him"» (42:11)

3. Thou shall not use God's name in vain.
3. «"Make not God's name an excuse to your oaths"» (2:224)

4. Thou shall honor thy mother and father.
4. «"Be kind to your parents if one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor."» (17:23)

5. Thou shall not steal.
5. «"As for the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands, but those who repent After a crime and reform shall beforgiven by God for God is forgiving and kind."» (5:38 - 39)

6. Thou shall not lie or give false testimony.
6. «"They invoke a curse of God if they lie."» (24:7) «"Hide not the testimony"» (2:283)

7. Thou shall not kill.
7. «"If anyone has killed one person it is as if he had killed the whole mankind"» (5:32)

8. Thou shall not commit adultery.
8. «"Do not come near adultery. It is an indecent deed and a way for other
evils."» (17:32)

9. Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife or possessions.
9, «"Do good to your parents, relatives and neighbors."» (4:36) Saying of the Prophet Muhammad (P) “"One of the greatest sins is to have illicit sex with your neighbors wife”".

10. Thou shall keep the Sabbath holy.
10. «"When the call for the Friday Prayer is made, hasten to the remembrance of God and leave off your business."» (62:9)

Read more:

http://www.beconvinced.com/en/article.php?articleid=0134&subcatname=Selected%20Articles

Peace.

Nightshade
04-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Ok Im probably stirring a wasps nest here but whats the point of this thread?

Xamonas Chegwe
04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
It's like all of guratto's threads - thinly veiled prosyletising - trying to get people to convert to islam - sorry mate - stoney ground around here!

Nightshade
04-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Xam :eek: please dont be so blunt:p ( mind you prosyletising what a lovley muthful of a word :nod: ), OK look Gurrato I am a muslim but truth is I dont see how this would convert anyone all it proves is that the bible and the quaran hold similar values. which is neither here or there well except as anothr reason why the crusades and like were stupid and pointless.
:rolleyes:

Virgil
04-23-2006, 01:33 PM
5. Thou shall not steal.
5. «"As for the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands, but those who repent After a crime and reform shall beforgiven by God for God is forgiving and kind."» (5:38 - 39)

I always liked that (to a limited degree, before anyone jumps on me) about the Muslim countries. But I've wondered if it was true. Do they really cut off the hands of theives, or is that something in the past? Of course, how do they tell if someone really repented?

Nightshade
04-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Virg I think you misunderstood the repenting is between them and God saving them from hell not the hands but I think they only cut one off per conviction.
I dont know if they still do it in some places but most of the muslim/arab world's laws are bult from western systems because of them being colinies and the fact that such treatment is considered inhuman by other goverments so they are cant do it anymore.

Xamonas Chegwe
04-23-2006, 05:09 PM
At the risk of straying into current politics - I excuse myself by claiming that I am merely citing current jurisprudence, not politics - the practice of cutting off the hands of thieves is currently practiced in several muslim countries, most noticably and frequently in islamic regions of northern Nigeria.

Secondly, Shariah law is not based on any western legal system and is the sole legal system in many countries, including Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Thirdly, by no means all muslim / arab countries are former colonies of western powers.

Virgil
04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
At the risk of straying into current politics - I excuse myself by claiming that I am merely citing current jurisprudence, not politics - the practice of cutting off the hands of thieves is currently practiced in several muslim countries, most noticably and frequently in islamic regions of northern Nigeria.

Secondly, Shariah law is not based on any western legal system and is the sole legal system in many countries, including Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Thirdly, by no means all muslim / arab countries are former colonies of western powers.
Thanks Xam. I don't think that's current politics.

Gurrato Alaien
04-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Ok Im probably stirring a wasps nest here but whats the point of this thread?

My point is that Islam is the last religion to the whole world, the Uncorrupted religion. there are many things in the bible confirmed in quran but unfortunatily christians do not abide in most of them.

as example : Matthew 19:16 Jesus said "Why call me good, there is none good but One, that is GOD"?

this agrees with Islam that Jesus was no more than prophet and yet christians deny that.

Peace.

Nightshade
04-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Err your probably right Xam I was just saying what I knew about north african and whats the english name for that reigon the very west of asia that attaches to africa countries.(??) everything else I want to say is current politics so Im being quiet.

rufioag
04-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Matthew 19:16 Jesus said "Why call me good, there is none good but One, that is GOD"?

I think ive discussed this verse many several times before in my brief stay at these forums. Please do not draw out of context. THe idea though is that a man comes up to Jesus and says Good teacher, what must I do, or something along those lines. The point is that the man recoginizes Jesus as a teacher, as a Rabbi if you will, but Jesus rebutes him and says, Only God can be good, do u not recognize who I am?

Xamonas Chegwe
04-24-2006, 01:40 PM
My point is that Islam is the last religion to the whole world, the Uncorrupted religion. there are many things in the bible confirmed in quran but unfortunatily christians do not abide in most of them.

Told you - evangelism - pure and simple.

Read the rules Mr Alien - This section is for discussion of religious texts, not promotion of any religion. Go recruit for your Jihad elsewhere please. And I've noticed quite a few Muslims breaking the 10 commandments too - surely you aren't suggesting that you are all perfect?

mcrane
04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
"go recruit for your Jihad elsewhere"?? :D:D
muslims are not terrorists.. christians are not stupid.. and athiests are not particlarly insightful... so spare us the superiority attitude..

Nightshade
04-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Please please can we have enough of this XAM I highly doubt GUrrato is recruiting for jihad the message hes using is quite different.
Gurrato if you truly want to convert people this is not the way to go about it. People dont like being bashed over the head with dogma and insistence. In fact you are more likely to instill a disgust of Islam than a respect for it and can be taken for not showing respect for other peoples free will. Help those who ask... are you familiar with the story behind surrat Absa?
:D:D

Xamonas Chegwe
04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
I was not referring to Jihad as a physical war, but in the way that a lot of muslims define it, as a spiritual crusade to spread islam. Apologies if my use of the term seemed inflammatory, it was not intended to be.

muslims are not terrorists.. christians are not stupid.. and athiests are not particlarly insightful... so spare us the superiority attitude..

In all 3 cases, some are, but most aren't. Kindly spare me your judgemental attitude.

Shield&Sword
04-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Whats wrong in spreading islam, people who accept what islam say they follow islam, people who dont they dont. Or this is the new freedom, spread every thing but islam. Beside Gurrato didnt write any thing wrong, he shared his thoughts with people, who accept his thoughts become muslim who doesnt then remain non muslim like u for example the user about whom i will talk down here.
Alot of muslims define Jihad as spreading islam, a user said, i dont know if this user work in a center of statistics some where.
I think some respect is needed when others write, or when it is relaited to islam then its ok, we can say what ever we want.

Scheherazade
04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Shield&Sword,

This is a literature forum where people who like literature come together to exchange their ideas. And this section of the Forum is for the discussion of religious texts only. It is not a place to 'spread' any religious views, whether it is Islamis or Christian or Jewish.

Copy and pasting from other sites barely classifies as discussion; however, we are letting this thread remain open with the good will that it will produce a good discussion during which we can all learn from each other without antagonising each other and belittling their religious beliefs.

Xamonas Chegwe
04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Whats wrong in spreading islam, people who accept what islam say they follow islam, people who dont they dont. Or this is the new freedom, spread every thing but islam. Beside Gurrato didnt write any thing wrong, he shared his thoughts with people, who accept his thoughts become muslim who doesnt then remain non muslim like u for example the user about whom i will talk down here.
Alot of muslims define Jihad as spreading islam, a user said, i dont know if this user work in a center of statistics some where.
I think some respect is needed when others write, or when it is relaited to islam then its ok, we can say what ever we want.

These forums are not here for preaching, or attempts to convert, nor promote other religiously affiliated websites.

From the religious forum rules. I am not singling out islam here - I am equally vociferous about posts that merely try to preach christianity. It is true that most of Gurrato's posts fall too easily into this category - if he feels he has a duty to preach - there are places for that - this is not supposed to be one of them.

Bandini
04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Can we do a little bit of antagonising and belittling? It's usually called for on these threads. Anyway, on balance, antogonising and belittling is not as bad as the implicit suggestion that I am a dirty sinner who will burn for all eternity.

Shield&Sword
04-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Perhaps my language in english is not so good, but i dont remember i talked about spreading islam in this site. When i said whats wrong in spreading islam i was responding a user that he was talking about spreading islam in general not in this forum, and i responded in general, and if u can see i wrote that Gurrato SHARED his thoughts, and then i said who accept them will be muslim and who doesnt wont and its a fact, my post was responding on that user, he could answer in another way and begin a forum, but he chainged it and said go and spread in other place and jihad and the statistic center for islam, i think this user must print rules and keep them infront him, not Gurrato, he didnt make anything wrong, he started a normal thread, and wht he wrote can be discussed or asked about by others.

Scheherazade
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Since this thread does not seem to produce any constructive discussions, it will be now closed.